White House Vs. Smith County

whbdp22

Always thought of scrimmages as the opportunity to see some players in a game situation, work on some fundementals and get a little contact in against someone other than yourselves....

I'm not sure about Smith Co, but WH has a good idea who will be playing come gametime and a scrimmage is not the place to get a player injured. I always liked scrimmaging Smith Co because their players play hard and tough. same for DL..... They normally keep it fairly vanilla and look at players.

Same for White House. We've had a tough preseason schedule with Catholic...White House...and then Station Camp in the jamboree. All should be contenders in 3a. White House only 3 days after Catholic...then Station Camp Saturday. It has and will be good experience for this young team.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same for White House. We've had a tough preseason schedule with Catholic...White House...and then Station Camp in the jamboree. All should be contenders in 3a. White House only 3 days after Catholic...then Station Camp Saturday. It has and will be good experience for this young team.

WHITE HOUSE HAS ALOT OF RESPECT FOR SMITH CO'S FOOTBALL PROGRAM. LAST YEAR WHEN SC CAME HERE THEY WON THE SCRIMMAGE. HOPEFULLY IF YA PLAY ALCOA THIS YEAR SOMEWHERE DOWN THE LINE YOU WILL BEAT THEM.

First teams 16-7 WH.

Second teams 3-1 WH.

Good work day for both teams in my opinion. SC's 1s moved the ball well on two drives. One for a score and a turnover near the goalline on the other. WH's 1s took advantage of a short field twice for scores then drove the ball down the field for a fairly long FG to end the 1v1s.

WH's 2s made some big plays on both sides of the ball. SC's 2s had some success moving the ball.

The Blue Devils have a heck of a football team. Size, strength and speed is tough to contend with. I don't care who you are. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

First teams 16-7 WH.

Second teams 3-1 WH.

Good work day for both teams in my opinion. SC's 1s moved the ball well on two drives. One for a score and a turnover near the goalline on the other. WH's 1s took advantage of a short field twice for scores then drove the ball down the field for a fairly long FG to end the 1v1s.

WH's 2s made some big plays on both sides of the ball. SC's 2s had some success moving the ball.

The Blue Devils have a heck of a football team. Size, strength and speed is tough to contend with. I don't care who you are. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good Luck on the upcoming season to the Smith Co. Owls /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think WH played pretty well. Both had some mistakes. I didn't see it.

MY OBSERVATIONS-

1ST DRIVE SC DROVE RIGHT DOWN THE FIELD AND SCORED A TD. I NOTICED CHAD NEAL, PARKER, EDGAR, BARRETT, #2 PAYNE, AND I THINK LITTLES WERE'NT IN DURING THAT SERIES. AFTER THAT WHITE HOUSE TOOK CONTROL. SC DOES HAVE A GOOD QB AND I THINK SC WILL HAVE A GOOD YEAR. CHAD NEAL CAUGHT 2 TDS AND HIS BROTHER CHASE HAD A BIG HIT ON A BLOCK. ALOT OF THE YOUNGER PLAYERS ARE GETTING SOME GOOD EXPERIENCE IN THESE SCRIMMAGES BECAUSE OF THE INJURIES. HOPEFULLY EVERYONE WILL BE READY FOR PORTLAND IN TWO WEEKS.

SC was without their starting TB/FS, WR/SS, TE/LB and one lineman. Some SC reserves got some much needed reps yesterday.

If you were meaning "controlled the scoring" I see where you are comng from. It was a scrimmage. Now seriously, we can spin this however you want. "WH took control after the first drive." is what you stated. WH "controlled" SC's 1s marching right back down to the goalline on the 2nd possession? Not alot of control there. The lateral call and a bad punt set WH up on their side of the field for the two scores. Granted, Payne would've scored on his run if he was 1,000 yds out... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> The post pattern was a nice throw and catch also. WH did move the ball the well the last time their 1s had the ball but had to settle for a FG. If I'm not mistaken WH's 2s were mostly jrs and srs, is that correct?

No disrespect intended at all. Not trying to stir the pot. Just want to give the ppl that didn't get to go a fair assessment.

SC was without their starting TB/FS, WR/SS, TE/LB and one lineman. Some SC reserves got some much needed reps yesterday.

If you were meaning "controlled the scoring" I see where you are comng from. It was a scrimmage. Now seriously, we can spin this however you want. "WH took control after the first drive." is what you stated. WH "controlled" SC's 1s marching right back down to the goalline on the 2nd possession? Not alot of control there. The lateral call and a bad punt set WH up on their side of the field for the two scores. Granted, Payne would've scored on his run if he was 1,000 yds out... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> The post pattern was a nice throw and catch also. WH did move the ball the well the last time their 1s had the ball but had to settle for a FG. If I'm not mistaken WH's 2s were mostly jrs and srs, is that correct?

No disrespect intended at all. Not trying to stir the pot. Just want to give the ppl that didn't get to go a fair assessment.

That's exactly how I saw it.