Press from around the state

chasanooga

There should be a press release about Akula's new hair-do... I think Coniglio would be intrigued!

(Picture should be coming quite shortly... possibly my new avatar?)

Hey BigG it`s okay to intrigue Coniglio. Just don`t overwhelm. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notre Dame 5 ??“ Hixson 1

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2008 ... h-win-5-1/

Soddy Daisy 5 ??“ Ooltewah 0

GPS 0 ??“ BGA 0

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_135434.asp

Chattanooga Christian 4 ??“ Boyd Buchanan 2

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_135425.asp

Dyersburg 3 ??“ Westview 0

http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll ... 006/SPORTS

Dobyns-Bennett 6 - Tennessee High 0

http://www.tricitiessports.com/default. ... ts&he=.com

Independence 6 - Clarksville High 0

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/apps/pb ... 006/SPORTS

Nice one, Canes.... Attach a link that only members of the Collierville Herald can read. What may I ask was the article about?

Sorry.....it links me automatically. I will cut and paste....

Collierville High girls??™ soccer coach named state??™s best by TSSAA

Posted: Thursday, September 18, 2008 12:06 am

Following a 20-1-5 season and a third consecutive appearance in the state championship game, Collierville High School girls soccer coach William Gillespie has been named by the TSSAA as Tennessee??™s Soccer Coach of the Year.

???Being named Coach of the Year is quite an honor,??? Gillespie said. ???It??™s both flattering and humbling to realize that my peers have acknowledged me with such an accolade. Given the quality of coaches with whom I??™m fortunate enough to work in Shelby County alone, not to mention across the state, I??™m truly proud; but it??™s an honor that I have to share with my girls. It was their effort, their determination and their willingness to trust in me and one another that gave us any success at all.???

Gillespie has been a coach in the Shelby County school system for 13 years. He??™s headed up the girls squad at Collierville for the past three years and served as an assistant on both the boys and girls teams for three years prior. The first seven years of his SCS coaching career were spent at Germantown High School.

Gillespie says his most memorable moments from the 2007-08 season took place during the Rivals Tournament. Although his team managed only a single win and two ties, the ties came against two nationally ranked programs, and the win was against the top rated private school in the state of Ohio.

???Our girls put everything they had into that weekend, and their performances will be something I??™ll always remember as a coach,??? Gillespie said.

Also an honors English teacher, Gillespie says he recognizes that athletics and other extracurricular activities are sometimes the greatest motivating factors for a student to succeed in the classroom. For that reason, he says he tries to always foster a great sense of pride and work ethic in his athletes and keep expectations high.

Sorry.....it links me automatically. I will cut and paste....

Collierville High girls??™ soccer coach named state??™s best by TSSAA

Posted: Thursday, September 18, 2008 12:06 am

Following a 20-1-5 season and a third consecutive appearance in the state championship game, Collierville High School girls soccer coach William Gillespie has been named by the TSSAA as Tennessee??™s Soccer Coach of the Year.

???Being named Coach of the Year is quite an honor,??? Gillespie said. ???It??™s both flattering and humbling to realize that my peers have acknowledged me with such an accolade. Given the quality of coaches with whom I??™m fortunate enough to work in Shelby County alone, not to mention across the state, I??™m truly proud; but it??™s an honor that I have to share with my girls. It was their effort, their determination and their willingness to trust in me and one another that gave us any success at all.???

Gillespie has been a coach in the Shelby County school system for 13 years. He??™s headed up the girls squad at Collierville for the past three years and served as an assistant on both the boys and girls teams for three years prior. The first seven years of his SCS coaching career were spent at Germantown High School.

Gillespie says his most memorable moments from the 2007-08 season took place during the Rivals Tournament. Although his team managed only a single win and two ties, the ties came against two nationally ranked programs, and the win was against the top rated private school in the state of Ohio.

???Our girls put everything they had into that weekend, and their performances will be something I??™ll always remember as a coach,??? Gillespie said.

Also an honors English teacher, Gillespie says he recognizes that athletics and other extracurricular activities are sometimes the greatest motivating factors for a student to succeed in the classroom. For that reason, he says he tries to always foster a great sense of pride and work ethic in his athletes and keep expectations high.

I find this bizarre!

Coach Gillespie is a great coach with a great record, but this article is about the 07/08 season, NOT the one we are playing now. O8/09

Can I start using the SAA 2006 stats in my posts? I think this is deja vu all over again.

How often is the Collierville Herald published? If this a current story, I understand your wanting to add it to press around the state. Maybe, we need a historic news section, One Year Ago Today, Two Years Ago Today, News from a bygone era. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I find this bizarre!

Coach Gillespie is a great coach with a great record, but this article is about the 07/08 season, NOT the one we are playing now. O8/09

Can I start using the SAA 2006 stats in my posts? I think this is deja vu all over again.

How often is the Collierville Herald published? If this a current story, I understand your wanting to add it to press around the state. Maybe, we need a historic news section, One Year Ago Today, Two Years Ago Today, News from a bygone era. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If this is a current story it is not a problem with the paper but with TSSAA. Shows how fast they can make a decision.

I find this bizarre!

Water Pooch- you can write about anything you want to. Go back to 2006 if you so desire, because you definitely do not have anything to add from SA for or since then.

Happy Deja Vu Day to you - again