Schools being overlooked or just ignored

I feel like there are a lot of schools out here that don't get the credit that they deserve. I have watched CoachT for several years now and am amazed at how little attention are payed to some schools. All of these kids work their butts off playing the best that they know how and very few of them get the attention they deserve.

My personal focus is on Hunter's Lane....

I have gone to Every Hunter's Lane game for the last 8 years as I have had a child on the team most of that time. I have watched excellent players come and go and very rarely do they ever get the credit that they deserve. I know that Hunter's Lane is not one of the most popular schools in the region but these kids work very hard, suffer through injuries and play their hearts out and no one really pays attention to them.

I know for a fact that 6 of hunter's lane seniors have played ball together since the 8th grade. These six players are very serious about playing ball and all are very excellent players.

How many people on Coach T know who the "key" players on Hunters Lane team are???

Lets see what kind of response we get shall we?

My picks for key players

(not necessarily in any given order)

Quinton Robinson

Devonte Carney

Terry Ezell

Jarron Guthrie

Adam Lee

I see a big things for these kids ahead... I just wish they could get the credit they deserve.

/excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What part of the state is the Hunter's Lane located? I live in the East of Tn and have never heard of Hunter's Lane.

I agree that some teams get alot more attention then others, one factor maybe be is players on the team coming on and hyping their school up. Where there are some coaches that forbid players from coming onto this site.

What part of the state is the Hunter's Lane located? I live in the East of Tn and have never heard of Hunter's Lane.

I agree that some teams get alot more attention then others, one factor maybe be is players on the team coming on and hyping their school up. Where there are some coaches that forbid players from coming onto this site.

Hunter's Lane is in Middle Tennessee in Nashville.....

I do know that there are some player's that get on and hype the school, but its the same not only on here but in the media too.... The only time they make the news is if something bad happens.... Hunter's Lane, Maplewood, Whites Creek, Overton, McGavok.... basically almost all of the 5-5a region...

Hunter's Lane is in Middle Tennessee in Nashville.....

I do know that there are some player's that get on and hype the school, but its the same not only on here but in the media too.... The only time they make the news is if something bad happens.... Hunter's Lane, Maplewood, Whites Creek, Overton, McGavok.... basically almost all of the 5-5a region...

I think Hunter's Lane has talent, but just doesn't have a great coach in place to utilize the talent. Whites Creek and Stratford have similar problems. Heck, Most Metro schools do, especially the ones with great Boy's Basketball teams. Coaching is where these schools fall off the map in my opinion. Maplewood seems to have a pretty good coach in Ralph Thompson and Hillsboro has Scott Blade, but otherwise metro football coaches are by and large pretty sub-par. I agree that talent is there, but without the right direction that talent goes to waste.

Guest workinprogress

I think Hunter's Lane has talent, but just doesn't have a great coach in place to utilize the talent. Whites Creek and Stratford have similar problems. Heck, Most Metro schools do, especially the ones with great Boy's Basketball teams. Coaching is where these schools fall off the map in my opinion. Maplewood seems to have a pretty good coach in Ralph Thompson and Hillsboro has Scott Blade, but otherwise metro football coaches are by and large pretty sub-par. I agree that talent is there, but without the right direction that talent goes to waste.

You, in my opinion, have not got a clue as to what you are talking about. Richard Campbell is a good coach. Hunters Lane has made it to the playoffs the last several years and has the potential to go again this year as the coaches have picked them first in the region. You give Thompson and your coach credit. Thompson has done a great job at Maplewood and has turned that program around. Blade picked up where Coach A left off and has done well. But just because you win doesnt mean you are a great coach and just because you do not win doesnt mean that you are a bad coach. I can almost guarantee you that you could put just about anyone at Hillsboro and they would make the playoffs because of talent alone. Now Blade has done more and deserves his credit so dont take my words the wrong way. All I am saying is that because a coach wins/loses doesnt always add up to what kind of coach they are. Look at Holtz and Spurrier at South Carolina. Two good coaches but dont have the success at SC that they had at ND and Florida. Closer to home look at Eagleville, you have Carlton Flatt, the state winningest coach and Eagleville may not go 5-5.

Cheatham County Cubs

Made the State Playoffs the Last 6 Consecutive Years

Won Multiple Playoff Games in that Time

1 of only 11 Class 3A Schools to do so /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Fulton, Knoxville Catholic, Austin East, Dyersburg, Haywood, White House, David Lipscomb, Jackson South Side, Mitchell

If one was to list the teams that have gone to the postseason for the last 6 years straight and also won multiple playoff games in that span of time the I am sure that the teams in BOLD would have came to mind. With that said I am also sure that Cheatham Co. would not have came to mind /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

You, in my opinion, have not got a clue as to what you are talking about. Richard Campbell is a good coach. Hunters Lane has made it to the playoffs the last several years and has the potential to go again this year as the coaches have picked them first in the region. You give Thompson and your coach credit. Thompson has done a great job at Maplewood and has turned that program around. Blade picked up where Coach A left off and has done well. But just because you win doesnt mean you are a great coach and just because you do not win doesnt mean that you are a bad coach. I can almost guarantee you that you could put just about anyone at Hillsboro and they would make the playoffs because of talent alone. Now Blade has done more and deserves his credit so dont take my words the wrong way. All I am saying is that because a coach wins/loses doesnt always add up to what kind of coach they are. Look at Holtz and Spurrier at South Carolina. Two good coaches but dont have the success at SC that they had at ND and Florida. Closer to home look at Eagleville, you have Carlton Flatt, the state winningest coach and Eagleville may not go 5-5.

Carlton Flatt is not the coach at Eagleville. It is Steve Carson the former offensive coordinator at Smyrna. So don't tell someone else they don't know what they are talking about when you obviously don't either. I will agreee with the fact that winning does not always mean good coaching though.

Your right catfish, I use to think of Cheatham county as only basketball, but a few years ago I saw your football and wrestling programs come alive.

My point is when schools have a more developed well rounded athletic program it seems that recognition comes a little easier to the outstanding teams.

I believe you play pretty good soccer as well.

I feel like there are a lot of schools out here that don't get the credit that they deserve. I have watched CoachT for several years now and am amazed at how little attention are payed to some schools. All of these kids work their butts off playing the best that they know how and very few of them get the attention they deserve.

My personal focus is on Hunter's Lane....

I have gone to Every Hunter's Lane game for the last 8 years as I have had a child on the team most of that time. I have watched excellent players come and go and very rarely do they ever get the credit that they deserve. I know that Hunter's Lane is not one of the most popular schools in the region but these kids work very hard, suffer through injuries and play their hearts out and no one really pays attention to them.

I know for a fact that 6 of hunter's lane seniors have played ball together since the 8th grade. These six players are very serious about playing ball and all are very excellent players.

How many people on Coach T know who the "key" players on Hunters Lane team are???

Lets see what kind of response we get shall we?

My picks for key players

(not necessarily in any given order)

Quinton Robinson

Devonte Carney

Terry Ezell

Jarron Guthrie

Adam Lee

I see a big things for these kids ahead... I just wish they could get the credit they deserve.

/excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

well if you notice your school or any other school on here does not get noticed or credit you think they deserve i will say that it comes from lack of support from the team members, family members,alumni or community.

i can say look at Indy believe in its 4th or 5th year only and thier is alot of posters for them- good luck with Hunters Lane

I have to agree... Coach Campbell is a great coach. There have been alot of coaching changes at HLHS this year. Its going to be interesting... I love Coach Campbell, I might not always agree with some of the calls that he makes but, he is such a good coach and he really really cares about his kids which is more important... You have some coaches (Not any that I know of personally) but, there are coaches that don't care about their teams and the kids are just a means to an end. But, for as long as I have been at HLHS Coach Campbell has been wonderful for these kids.

Guest workinprogress

Carlton Flatt is not the coach at Eagleville. It is Steve Carson the former offensive coordinator at Smyrna. So don't tell someone else they don't know what they are talking about when you obviously don't either. I will agreee with the fact that winning does not always mean good coaching though.

Flatt is his assistant and so is FiveAsh.

Cheatham County Cubs

Made the State Playoffs the Last 6 Consecutive Years

Won Multiple Playoff Games in that Time

1 of only 11 Class 3A Schools to do so /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Fulton, Knoxville Catholic, Austin East, Dyersburg, Haywood, White House, David Lipscomb, Jackson South Side, Mitchell

If one was to list the teams that have gone to the postseason for the last 6 years straight and also won multiple playoff games in that span of time the I am sure that the teams in BOLD would have came to mind. With that said I am also sure that Cheatham Co. would not have came to mind /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Question (and I honestly don't know) -

How many times have they made it past the second round? All of the schools up here have made it to the quarters or semis once or twice if not more. I can't think of one time Cheatham Co. has in that run.