week 0 BA vs. Indy any ideas......

overseascoach

Indy- it looked as though the game plan of going 5 wide was effective for the most part even though they lost. it really spread out BA's defense. The o-line had a solid performance tonight in maintaining BA's defensive line. With 44 pass attempts one is bound to throw an int or two. The QB performed well but I would have liked to have seen Smith's arm in there for some of those attempts.

BA- defensive line looked real intimidating but were held in check for the most part by an improved o-line at Indy. Tate was solid at RB carrying the bulk of the carries.

Both teams will have successful teams going deep in the playoffs. However, neither looked like state title contenders. But it is week 0, so who knows.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BA has a lot of great players, but is not that great of a team right now.

I doubt that naybody is that great right now. I watched the MBA-Antioch game, and while MBA did some things well, they were very sloppy on others, and a bit inconsistent as well. Sometimes the only difference between the first game and the last scrimmage is that one of them counts in the standings.

Of course, I have a high regard for your opinion, and I hope things stay the same over on Granny White. Not that I'm biased, you understand.

Coach Eubanks did all he could. He ran the spread and the QB got rid of the ball efficiently. Attempts to rush the ball early in the game were very ineffective, so he did not bang his head into the wall and waste downs.

BA started an extremely untested sophomore QB and throwing the ball was not a good option (#1 QB injured and #2 QB moved back to Seattle after failing to win #1 job). Coach Eubanks identified this right away and stacked the box with lots of stunts and run blitzes to slow down the BA running attack.

BA's lack of turnovers and strong punting and kicking performance was a major factor, as well.

Last nights game was a big test for IHS, and you would have to give them a passing grade.

The O-line was outstanding against a very athletic D-line from BA. For the most part BA rushed only 4, but when they did blitz Indy picked them up. Allowing no sacks when the defense knew you were passing was impressive.

The outcome could have easily gone the other way. Indy left some plays out there with a couple drops, and missed

connections. Indy first play from scrimmage had touchdown written all over it. Receiver had beaten defense by at least 3 yards, but ball was a little too long. The other missed oppurtunity came at the end of the first half. BA tried a pass to the right corner of the end zone, but the ball was thrown short. The Indy db had an easy pick with nothing but green in front of him, but failed to make the catch. BA kicked a field goal on the next play to end the half. Half time score was 17-7, but could have easily been 14-14.

Indy's d-line play must improve. Tackling was also an issue in the game for IHS. BA running backs ran through way too many tackles. Coach Eubanks being a defensive coach could not have been happy.

Indy will win their share of games this year. BA showed they can win a tough game, but are vulnerable to a deep passing game. Though they did have 4 INTs, 2 should have been caught, and one was in desperation time with only a minute left in the game. Indy will need a running game.

Coach Eubanks did all he could. He ran the spread and the QB got rid of the ball efficiently. Attempts to rush the ball early in the game were very ineffective, so he did not bang his head into the wall and waste downs.

BA started an extremely untested sophomore QB and throwing the ball was not a good option (#1 QB injured and #2 QB moved back to Seattle after failing to win #1 job). Coach Eubanks identified this right away and stacked the box with lots of stunts and run blitzes to slow down the BA running attack.

BA's lack of turnovers and strong punting and kicking performance was a major factor, as well.

BA's punter was terrific. He kicks like that all year, he'll be playing on Saturday some day.

Congrats to BA on a hard fought 34 21 victory. Indy stayed very much in this game until BA was finally able to punch in a decisive TD with about a minute left. I know there is a lot of talent there, but I don't think anyone who saw this game tonight could say that this BA team is anywhere near the best team in the State right now. It was a very sloppy game (not totally unexpected since it is week 0) and I don't think the D line or the O line lived up to the expectations. It will be interesting to see how they respond -- I would expect a pretty intense week of practice.

I think Indy will have a good year. They fought hard and had their receivers held on to some of the long balls (3 or 4 dropped that would have been TD's or at least long gains) the outcome of this game might have been different. The QB looked good but ended up with 4 INT's which killed Indy in the end. I think BA's MVP was Renfro, the punter/long kicker. He had 4 punts inside the 20 (3 of which were inside the 10) and a 40 yard FG.

Got a lot of growing to do in a short amount of time . . .

i was shocked to see the final score, with INDY losing 16 starters last year and most of them very very key ingriedients to see them play this way has to be very possitive for the INDY Nation- WITH that for those whom were thre did INDY play that good or was BA that bad/medicore????

As aspected i figured BA would be able to run the ball down the Indy defense throat, but was surprised that Indy put up 21 and passed for 299 yds albeit some 39 attempts-

box score had Heckman lead rusher 43 yds and then only had Norman with 11 - didnt indy use any of thier backs last night?

Everyone wearing Red in Carlton Flatt Stadium last night probably knows the better team did not win on the score board, and sometimes that happens. Indy played hard and much more inspired than the red eagles. Indy Nation, I follow you guys, and I am excited about 2008 if you guys can play with that same effort week in and week out. I totally agree with the game plan that Coach Eubanks and his staff put into action. Indy was much more talented in the WR positions and Heckman-Qb is a tough customer. He made some questionable decisions along the way, and try to fit some balls into places he shouldnt have, but he showed his capabilites and I feel he will be just fine. The Indy receivers are speedy, but seemed out of sync on occasion with Heckman. I bet they get it fixed, and when they do, this passing game could be something fun to watch this season. The Indy defense played with them for most of the game, but wore down on occasion and let them get away a time or two.

As for Indy that good or BA that mediocre, I would say it is too early to tell. The raod ahead for both teams will soon tell us the answer to this question.

Good Luck Indy!!

Everyone wearing Red in Carlton Flatt Stadium last night probably knows the better team did not win on the score board, and sometimes that happens. Indy played hard and much more inspired than the red eagles. Indy Nation, I follow you guys, and I am excited about 2008 if you guys can play with that same effort week in and week out. I totally agree with the game plan that Coach Eubanks and his staff put into action. Indy was much more talented in the WR positions and Heckman-Qb is a tough customer. He made some questionable decisions along the way, and try to fit some balls into places he shouldnt have, but he showed his capabilites and I feel he will be just fine. The Indy receivers are speedy, but seemed out of sync on occasion with Heckman. I bet they get it fixed, and when they do, this passing game could be something fun to watch this season. The Indy defense played with them for most of the game, but wore down on occasion and let them get away a time or two.

As for Indy that good or BA that mediocre, I would say it is too early to tell. The raod ahead for both teams will soon tell us the answer to this question.

Good Luck Indy!!

it's tough being BA...

they start a QB who was 3rd string until a week ago, who has never taken a snap in a game, and makes the O one dimensional with only 30 yards of passing. They rush for over 300 yards, put up 34 points, don't turn the ball over, and the general consensus is this is a moral victory for Indy. Independence throws it over 40 times, and when you do that you are going to complete some passes. The spread took BA's front 7 out of the pass rush, but they shut the run down. BA is going to be just fine...they are a predominantly a Soph/Jr dominated team, especially in the skill positions, and with experience they have only upside, and they are very good to start with.

Independence is a very good team...their QB is excellent, and they are obviously very well coached. They have tremendous school spirit and support. They will do very well this year. They ran off 10 straight victories last year after a slow start and losing their returning starter at QB, and finished #2 in 5A, playing for the state championship. This game ended just like I thought it would, a very hard fought Quality victory for a BA team that must deal with very high expectations and a bulls eye on their back. I think Independence is that good and BA just happens to be better, not mediocre.

From what I observed from one game...

- the o-line and receivers are better this year than last years

- the QB is the same

- the secondary on defense is better this year than last years

- the front 8 needs some work on tackling

- the run game needs to be used and I think will be- this was just the game plan (5 wide) for this particular game

- it should be a solid year for Indy

From what I observed from one game...

- the o-line and receivers are better this year than last years

- the QB is the same

- the secondary on defense is better this year than last years

- the front 8 needs some work on tackling

- the run game needs to be used and I think will be- this was just the game plan (5 wide) for this particular game

- it should be a solid year for Indy

I didn't see the tape, but if the receivers really are better this year than last year, this should be a really solid team. I think they get back on track next week at Kenwood.

Congrats to BA on a hard fought 34 21 victory. Indy stayed very much in this game until BA was finally able to punch in a decisive TD with about a minute left. I know there is a lot of talent there, but I don't think anyone who saw this game tonight could say that this BA team is anywhere near the best team in the State right now. It was a very sloppy game (not totally unexpected since it is week 0) and I don't think the D line or the O line lived up to the expectations. It will be interesting to see how they respond -- I would expect a pretty intense week of practice.

I think Indy will have a good year. They fought hard and had their receivers held on to some of the long balls (3 or 4 dropped that would have been TD's or at least long gains) the outcome of this game might have been different. The QB looked good but ended up with 4 INT's which killed Indy in the end. I think BA's MVP was Renfro, the punter/long kicker. He had 4 punts inside the 20 (3 of which were inside the 10) and a 40 yard FG.

Got a lot of growing to do in a short amount of time . . .

Hold up.... I dont about anyone else, but it didnt look like Bas o line had too many problems moving the ball

Hold up.... I dont about anyone else, but it didnt look like Bas o line had too many problems moving the ball

Agreed, I don't mean to be critical of the Independence fan base, but the talk on this thread sounds like Vanderbilt fans with the moral victory they achieved by playing a good game and not getting blown out! BA owned the line of scrimmage, but you would have thought BA pulled an upset with the way the fans have described this game. BA ran it down Indy's throat for over 300 yards! They scored 34 points! Indy's points came on long pass plays without any sustained drives.

Independence is very good, and played a great game. But it just sounds like BA is getting no credit for an otherwise very solid start over a quality opponent.