FIVE RIVERS JAMBOREE?

VHSFALCONS

My question is, Why does West always play Cocke County and Crockett? Greeneville seems to always play East. Boone and Volunteer have played against each other for about the past three years? Dont they supposedly "draw the teams out of a hat" or as Hatcher from East says, "just pour them out and thats how it will go." He's not very friendly! But I can't blame him.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why Jeff Co. has to be in this thing every year. If not for that, West wouldn't have to play twice. No matter how well or how poorly Cocke Co. or Crockett play against West, it is always diminished or magnified becuase West always plays twice.

I'd also like to see them mix up the matchups from year to year.

My question is, Why does West always play Cocke County and Crockett? Greeneville seems to always play East. Boone and Volunteer have played against each other for about the past three years? Dont they supposedly "draw the teams out of a hat" or as Hatcher from East says, "just pour them out and thats how it will go." He's not very friendly! But I can't blame him.

Hatcher is actually a really nice guy. It just takes getting to know him. I agree that it has been the same for a while.

good point OSU. I watched the young man intently last night. Has all the skills but not sure about the fire.

There are 2 theories about great players on D. 1) run from them. I think Mr. Knight is very impressive when you run the ball from him. He is good at chase, rundown and tackle. 2) Run at them. If they stuff you, run from them and if they don't play off the straight ahead blocks, keep coming at the player. GHS chose 2 and showed some achilles heel with Mr. Knight.

Having said that, he will play at the next level and I would love to have the guy on my team.

They plan to leave Matt Helton#40 in the middle a little more. He reads well and takes on blocks. I think they should stunt Knight more and leave Matt at home but that is just me.

These matchups in the jamboree have been the same the last 3 years.

Generally - I think they try and avoid match-ups that occur early in the season. Example, you wouldn't want West playing Jefferson County and then turn around 2 weeks later and play for real. Same with Cocke County and Volunteer who play in Week 2.

Good point PT GHS and Jeff are 0 week.

Why could it not be at Greeneville next year?

The jamboree is a joke and just a money maker. GHS was the only team who showed anything because everyone knows what he has.

Boone and Volunteer coaches both agreed before the game what they would do and when. Neither was going to show anything, just wanted to get in and out without injuries. Their JVs played the last 5 minutes.

Skip the jamboree or let them play more than one quarter so that the coaches are willing to do something.

Need to find a place that has a practice field right beside it so they can be ready as soon as the game before is over.

Everyone knows it is a dog and pony show.

Why could it not be at Greeneville next year?

With the change in classifications next year I see there being different jamborees than we have seen in the past. I might be wrong but an example could be with what will be the Big 7 next year (Crockett, Boone, Volunteer, Science Hill, Tennessee High, DB, Sullivan South) I'm sure another school will be added. There might be a possibility of Greeneville hosting one with their new conference as well. Like I said I could be wrong but I don't see the current jamborees staying exactly the same as they were this year.