Cloudland vs Avery

foreveranole

Hey Lander fans R u ready 4 sum Football ? I was @ the jamboree last night and got fired up bout Lander football, and me and a couple other guys was wanting to start this week against Avery a lil tailgating either in the parking lot or talking the coaches into letting us use the upper parking lot . It wont be nothing huge . Jus a lil get together before the game to get fired up and to let the players and coaches know that we are them for them. I know we probably wont go 10-0 this year although anythings possible . What im saying is that im wanting to start this tailgating cause we scored a lil more than Hampton last night . I know it will be a different game come week 10 . I have wanted to do this 4 a while . Back when Byrd and crew lost to CAK I had went to watch Boyd and South Pitt @ Boyd there was a whole gang tailgating . It was an awesome atmosphere there. And I dont see why some of us cant do the same. I understand when it gets cold we cant do it . And I know its hard for everyone to come b cause of work , but also some of us have time. Anyway can Lander fans give me a lil input on this . And if u would want to start a cool tradition. LET ME KNOW

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest longhorns51

I dont think Cloudland s ready yet. Johnson County went up there last week and Cloudland looked bad im sorry to say but they did not look organized. I hope they can get it together

I dont think Cloudland s ready yet. Johnson County went up there last week and Cloudland looked bad im sorry to say but they did not look organized. I hope they can get it together

they may not be , but we still are going to play the game i think , and we are still going to pull for them. btw i dont think alot of teams are ready this early in the season . thats usually why teams get better during the season . i was there @ the sg jc lander scrimmage and none of the teams really impressed me . one thing i seen that i liked is the way u guys got after it on defense. u guys had a couple guys get put on the sideline by the coaches because of attitude but is was a fired up attitude and that in my book is ok. id rather have that than some kids that shy and easily intimadated by the other team in the same sence it can hurt u w unsportsmanlike penalties . anyway good luck to yall this year. do yall have a pretty tough schedule ?

Guest longhorns51

they may not be , but we still are going to play the game i think , and we are still going to pull for them. btw i dont think alot of teams are ready this early in the season . thats usually why teams get better during the season . i was there @ the sg jc lander scrimmage and none of the teams really impressed me . one thing i seen that i liked is the way u guys got after it on defense. u guys had a couple guys get put on the sideline by the coaches because of attitude but is was a fired up attitude and that in my book is ok. id rather have that than some kids that shy and easily intimadated by the other team in the same sence it can hurt u w unsportsmanlike penalties . anyway good luck to yall this year. do yall have a pretty tough schedule ?

yes i know we have 2 keys players with attitude problems but they know what will happen if they do that again. Yeah we have a tough schedule but we all feel we can overcome TN high this year and South will be alot easier now that curt phillips is gone dont get me wrong their still good. The only game we are thinking bout right now is week 0 Hampton we want revenge for last year. Good luck to you guys also. By th way love the name im a nole fan 2.

yes i know we have 2 keys players with attitude problems but they know what will happen if they do that again. Yeah we have a tough schedule but we all feel we can overcome TN high this year and South will be alot easier now that curt phillips is gone dont get me wrong their still good. The only game we are thinking bout right now is week 0 Hampton we want revenge for last year. Good luck to you guys also. By th way love the name im a nole fan 2.

thanks bro i have been pulling 4 them 4 bout 20 years now even though they do s$#k now . But im a Bobby Bowden fan also. Pretty cool man that were talking bout couches cause i got to meet a huge college f ball coach this year @ his house he coaches a longhorn team also by the name of Mack Brown . He has a house up in North Carolina and I did some work in it he was an unreal guy to talk to. My dream is to get to meet Bobby one day . Ive been to a couple FSUs games and I love it Im wanting to go to Vir. Tech this year but dont know how hard it would b to get tickets up there. good to talk to a nole fan not to many on a Tenneessee website.....

thanks bro i have been pulling 4 them 4 bout 20 years now even though they do s$#k now . But im a Bobby Bowden fan also. Pretty cool man that were talking bout couches cause i got to meet a huge college f ball coach this year @ his house he coaches a longhorn team also by the name of Mack Brown . He has a house up in North Carolina and I did some work in it he was an unreal guy to talk to. My dream is to get to meet Bobby one day . Ive been to a couple FSUs games and I love it Im wanting to go to Vir. Tech this year but dont know how hard it would b to get tickets up there. good to talk to a nole fan not to many on a Tenneessee website.....

I believe that would be awesome to get together before the games. I think we will do fine this year. I missed the jamboree last night. How did we do against hampton?

Vol neither team really got to show anything . You dont get to get in any kind of flow in one qtr. I will say that from what i seen Cloudland came to play even if it was just one qtr. Hampton was used to running over us , and our boys didnt want that to happen Friday night. One thing that helped the Landers is that we got to play defense first and we played the rest of that qtr off of our momentum . We held them 3 and out then we got the ball and just controlled the clock. I know that the Dawgs didnt show much of their game but we really didnt give them time. We didnt run Morgan but once and didnt pass to Houtsma but once or twice , so we didnt show much of our offence . By the way who is this. We scored 6 Hampton 0

I think we are ready for this one. It showed the other night at Unaka. We took it to the Bulldogs. I went to Avery on tuesday they are not a very good team. We can beat them as bad as we want. The only player Avery has is the QB and the word is he is not very tough. One good hit from our defense and his night will be over. The linemen that went over there to play better be glad they could not play for us. Cant wait for friday hope the vikings have a safe trip down and a safe trip back with their tail tucked between their legs. Welcome to Lander Country I for one cant wait.

I think we are ready for this one. It showed the other night at Unaka. We took it to the Bulldogs. I went to Avery on tuesday they are not a very good team. We can beat them as bad as we want. The only player Avery has is the QB and the word is he is not very tough. One good hit from our defense and his night will be over. The linemen that went over there to play better be glad they could not play for us. Cant wait for friday hope the vikings have a safe trip down and a safe trip back with their tail tucked between their legs. Welcome to Lander Country I for one cant wait.

Dont get to carried away man, Avery is no pushover. They were missing some of their kids @ that Hampton , West Caldwell scrimmage. Also they only had one day in pads prior to that scrimmage. So we dont need to think it will be a cakewalk cause Brewer will have those kids ready to play ball. They have some speed they didnt get to show the other night. Couple of boys didnt have time in to get to go out in pads. Not taking nothing from Hampton they handled Averys line fairly easy. And if we have anything positive in this game it will come from O and D lines . And of course homefeild advantage and one lil thing called payback........... As far as out on the feild they have some speed and talent. If the fans cant get fired up for this one then their not really fans. Lot of bragging rights on the line for this one. Also im still wondering who all wants to tailgate , if we dont get rained out by the hurricane. Anyone who wants to come out early and talk a lil football, have a lil fun and grill out b 4 game Friday let me know .

I was at the scrimmage at Avery, the 1st time Avery had the ball against Hampton ,they scored, Hampton's offence went against West Caldwell and they got stuffed. After that Hampton woke up,they owned the rest of the night. I think Avery was without 3 starters,Hampton was also missing their leading tackler .The running back who missed the scrimmage for Avery is out for the Cloudland game also. I'm like nole fan ,I wouldn't go in thinking this will be a cake walk.I do think its a very winable game for Cloudland, but definately not automatic. Confidence is a good thing,cockiness will get you humbled. Another thik is , I believe the linemen that went to Avery would be welcomed in a big way at Cloudland. If Cloudland had these guys back ,this game would be a major mismatch. Ijust hope this game is clean and injury free, I'd like to see this game on the schedule for many years to come.Its a win ,win game for both teams.