MBA vs. Antioch? Who wins this rematch?

DeepSouth44

Who in the heck builds Antioch's schedule. MBA and Riverdale to start out the season......................................I mean, are they gonna play the Titans in Week 3?

yeah if they played the titans at least they could hold them to under 100 yards passing ...ANYWAYS BY PLAYING MBA AND RIVERDALE THIS WILL ONLY MAKE YOUR TEAM THAT MUCH STRONGER COME DIVISION TIME,,, LOOK AT INDY LAST YEAR THEY STARTED WITH BA and then MBA

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah if they played the titans at least they could hold them to under 100 yards passing ...ANYWAYS BY PLAYING MBA AND RIVERDALE THIS WILL ONLY MAKE YOUR TEAM THAT MUCH STRONGER COME DIVISION TIME,,, LOOK AT INDY LAST YEAR THEY STARTED WITH BA and then MBA

I'm not sure if there was any particular reason for scheduling Riverdale, but MBA and Antioch played one another every year during the days of the old Nashville Interscholastic League (AAA-West), and then through the '70's and early '80's in District 11-AAA.

I'm not sure if there was any particular reason for scheduling Riverdale, but MBA and Antioch played one another every year during the days of the old Nashville Interscholastic League (AAA-West), and then through the '70's and early '80's in District 11-AAA.

I am STILL trying to figure out why in the world R'dale scheduled them! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

MBA 'should' win this one.

It's called stepping up and playing the best. Someone from MBA should have a talk to the folks in Maryville. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Woodard came from Ravenwood, where the motto is "to be the best, you have to beat the best". Ravenwood starts with Goodpasture, Brentwood Academy, Franklin, Brentwood and MBA.

You never gain anything from losing.

Guest workinprogress

I am STILL trying to figure out why in the world R'dale scheduled them! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

MBA 'should' win this one.

Dont know the exact reasoning behind it either but Antioch beat Riverdale in Rankin's first season. My guess would be that you schedule quality non region opponents so you are more prepared for region play.

Dont know the exact reasoning behind it either but Antioch beat Riverdale in Rankin's first season. My guess would be that you schedule quality non region opponents so you are more prepared for region play.

That exactly is what is going on. Look at last season, they started off with the same schedule, started 0-4, went on a 7 game win streak. Was 2nd in the region, and advanced to the second round of the playoffs. Non region opponents due help come region time. How were the Bears able to win at Gallatin in like forever, taking those early knocks toughen the team, I see the same happening this year, though they won't start out 0-4. Maybe 1-3, with a win vs. LaVergne. But, come region time-watch out.

It's called stepping up and playing the best. Someone from MBA should have a talk to the folks in Maryville. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I think MBA has proven over the years that they will take on anyone, and they have had great success. They split with Boles from Jax FL, 3-1 against Trinity in Louisville (beat the team with Brian Brohm), and this year we play Cinn. Moeller (sp?). Oh ya, we got destroyed by that team from SC a couple of years ago.

It was interesting though, for years MBA had a hard time filling their schedule. 2 Years ago we traveled 1800 miles. Trips to Lexington KY, Louisville KY, 2 trips to Memphis, and 1 to Chattanooga (Mem and Chatt league games). After going 4-6 in 2006 the big public schools around here were beating down our doors to schedule a game. I wonder how happy those schools are after 13-0 last year, and how many will want to re-up after this season.

I didn't comment on the topic. One of the fun things about High School football is that it really is a new season every fall. The teams change a lot, even teams that appear to "reload vs. rebuild". The teams seem to take on the personality of their Senior class, and the talent changes. Then it is up to the coaches to play to whatever the strength is. MBA's coaches do an excellant job of this. I have been to a couple of MBA scrimmages and the teams they were playing did not look to be real competitive. It is hard to tell anything from scrimmages because the teams don't prepare for them, so I don't really know if MBA is as good as it looked or the other teams were as bad. I know Antioch lost McAdoo, but they do have their QB back. He is the type of player that gave us the most trouble last year. He is quick and runs around a lot. All of that being said, I think the atmosphere at MBA Friday night will be electric, and I pick the Big Red to win big.

Guest workinprogress

I think MBA has proven over the years that they will take on anyone, and they have had great success. They split with Boles from Jax FL, 3-1 against Trinity in Louisville (beat the team with Brian Brohm), and this year we play Cinn. Moeller (sp?). Oh ya, we got destroyed by that team from SC a couple of years ago.

It was interesting though, for years MBA had a hard time filling their schedule. 2 Years ago we traveled 1800 miles. Trips to Lexington KY, Louisville KY, 2 trips to Memphis, and 1 to Chattanooga (Mem and Chatt league games). After going 4-6 in 2006 the big public schools around here were beating down our doors to schedule a game. I wonder how happy those schools are after 13-0 last year, and how many will want to re-up after this season.

I dont think it had anything to do with you all going 4-6. I think it had more to do with playing competition. Antioch didnt just put MBA on the schedule, they also put Riverdale and La Vergne on the schedule. Several Williamson Co. schools have BA, and a couple of Metro schools added Father Ryan and Ensworth to their schedules. It had absolutely nothing to do with MBA going 4-6. How do those schools that did put up MBA after the fact that MBA went 13-0 last year, probably the same way BA, FR, etc. feel, they all want to even the score. MBA has a big target on their chests right now and time will tell if MBA can do it again.

I dont think it had anything to do with you all going 4-6. I think it had more to do with playing competition. Antioch didnt just put MBA on the schedule, they also put Riverdale and La Vergne on the schedule. Several Williamson Co. schools have BA, and a couple of Metro schools added Father Ryan and Ensworth to their schedules. It had absolutely nothing to do with MBA going 4-6. How do those schools that did put up MBA after the fact that MBA went 13-0 last year, probably the same way BA, FR, etc. feel, they all want to even the score. MBA has a big target on their chests right now and time will tell if MBA can do it again.

Teams willingness to schedule us may not have had anything to do with the disappointing 2006 season, (that was just a little jab) but I know that we had a hard time scheduling teams outside of DII around here, and that is a big reason why we were scheduling Trinity, etc.

As Johnny Majors liked to say, "the wind blows hardest at the top of the flagpole". This season will certainly be a challenge for the Big Red, we will see how it goes. Like I said earlier this will be a different team then the team you saw last year. Different strengths and different weaknesses.