Giles County at Humboldt!

redskins50

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24-21 Giles Co.,hope Giles Co.don't get bus lag.

I hear ya! That's a long drive on a bus. I'd probably give Giles County the slight edge in this one. Humboldt has too many unknowns right now. New coach, new O-line, new rb's, mostly new secondary, but still lotsa talent across the board. If the Vikes gel then they could be tough but I think it will be a few games before they really mesh. I'll say Giles County in a close one! Good luck to both schools & hope Giles County has a safe bus ride to/from Humboldt.

Guest nwtnsports

I'm not going to pick, because I don't know too much about Giles Co. - besides what I've read on here. It should be a close game, though. I thought Humboldt played well in the jamboree. Here's hoping for an exciting season opener between two strong teams.

I hear ya! That's a long drive on a bus. I'd probably give Giles County the slight edge in this one. Humboldt has too many unknowns right now. New coach, new O-line, new rb's, mostly new secondary, but still lotsa talent across the board. If the Vikes gel then they could be tough but I think it will be a few games before they really mesh. I'll say Giles County in a close one! Good luck to both schools & hope Giles County has a safe bus ride to/from Humboldt.

Humboldt is not the only team that has lost players from last year. Giles Co. has a completely different group of linebackers and defensive backs than what they had on the field last year. Quon Reynolds, Torell Harney, Shavarus Coleman, Marquis Gardner, and Josh Perez all graduated. Darius Turner then got himself into trouble and is reportedly no longer a member of the Giles Co. football team. Up front on defense the one man wrecking crew known as Kendall Dangerfield has also been lost to graduation.

On offense Giles Co. will be explosive. They have Bo Wallace. They also have Tobias Houston. Cory Houston is also back. Rico Brown is back at receiver. In the regular season he led the midstate in receiving last year. Up front they are very experienced I do believe. Scoring points will be something Giles does quite often this year IMO.

Can anyone give me some info on giles co. running backs and some sets that they'll play

Stack-I, One-Back (with a tight end), Spread (4 & 5 WR sets) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

#33 Tobias Houston (RB)

#2 Cory Houston (RB)

#12 Bo Wallace (QB)

I won't start telling you Humboldt fans anything they run out of these formations but I will warn you that Wallace can throw the football deep (with tremendous accuracy as well). #23 Rico Brown is the Bobcats best receiver though the other guys are good too!

TN Varsity Website

Go there and look at QBs for the class of 2010 and look at Bo Wallace's highlight videos and you'll see that he has a tremendous upside. He will remind all of you Humboldt fans of Drew Hayes from McKenzie in the sense that he can make every single throw. I will say that he can fool you because he is more mobile than Hayes (despite the fact that he doesn't look very mobile at first glance).