Huntingdon Jamboree

Ctownfootball

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huntingdon looked good but so did westview at times. Both teams are very young. I wouldn't won't a piece of either next year. I continue to be impressed with the way Huntingdon looks after hearing all the talk in town about how bad we'd be this year. We look small but man they are scrappy with quick lineman. We don't seem to have any breakaway speed but my god they play hard.

Hickman County lined up in an empty backfield set and threw a bomb on the first play (DJ Key to Scott Sowell) for aboout 50 yards and finished the drive with a ten yard run by Sowell. HC's defense got gashed on their first two plays and then settled down and shut down McKenzie's O. HC scored later in the game on a 20 yard run by Key. If HC hadn't laid the ball on the ground 6 times then this would have been very ugly. It was over when HC Strong Saftey Nathan Davis rocked McKenzie's tailback and the ball popped free like a bar of soap. I loved how the Jackson Sun said that McKenzie's QB was hounded all night by a swarming defense. I think HC sacked him 3 or 4 times, and I don't remember McKenzie completing a pass.

How did Camden look?Had to work,Just heard bits and pieces.A friend said they looked like they had the biggest line yet.

Camden moved the ball at will against Bruceton, 28-0. Hard to tell just how we are going to be because the Tigers were completely overmatched. We have alot of depth at RB...and that's saying alot considering the RBs we've had the past several years. Probably more speed with two freshmen that may be the the fastest backs Ward has had to work with yet. Travis was as good as expected and Gaskin and Riley both looked good at QB. I don't know that our line is any bigger, probably close to what it has been, but they opened holes that I could have run thru /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Long bomb from Gaskin to Travis that looks to be one of our bread and butter plays this year was right on the money. Wish we could have played Hickman....that would have been a good'un. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Bring on the Golden Tide.