Fulton @ Oak Ridge

SPLITBACK

Lol , Pre season .. The Nfl has a pre season and I don't even watch them.. They are boring and you don't even see the true colors of a team.. Pre-Season... PRE SEASON.. U have to be kidding me.. Only people like you really pays attention to those I guess.. Then answer this if there is no diffrence then why is the schools put in diffrent classifications..

And honestly the coaches you say are shaking in there boots.. Doubt it.. Thats a joke..

Hey and heres another point.. Carter is 3a they have been undefeated in there region the past 3 years..

How did they fair in a real game against Bearden last year and this year.. Hey some even had them beating Fulton..

I think Carter was horrible in 4a the year before they moved.. Then whammo look at Carter now.. One of the top programs in 3a with Fulton the past 3 years..

Explain that one to me..

Fulton made the state title game last year before losing.. But got embarrassed by Oak Ridge last year.

And Oak Ridge lost to D-B in the first round.. Bet Oak Ridge would have loved to have been 3a last year they would have won the state.. Fulton would have been just a team..

When Fulton moves up and starts playing the big schools and Facing a Farragut and O-Ridge week in and week out then tell me theres no diffrence .. As a matter of fact every team will run the score up on Fulton when they get the chance garanteed.. What fun it will be..

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Govolsknox' date='Aug 25 2008 - 01:36 PM' post='826829024'

Thank You , Govolsknox .. You understood what I was saying.. 2 Classifications are a bit much for smaller classifications.. All due to the depth and kids to choose from..

Ruse , Private Schools are in there own classifications.. Private schools can have kids from all over the states as long as the parents are willing to pay.. Unlike the public schools you get the community kids.. Private schools could go out and pull in Pro players kids if they want you never know about them.. So there for Webb could win easily.

Theres Ole Fsutandems answer on that one RUSE>>>

Lol , Pre season .. The Nfl has a pre season and I don't even watch them.. They are boring and you don't even see the true colors of a team.. Pre-Season... PRE SEASON.. U have to be kidding me.. Only people like you really pays attention to those I guess.. Then answer this if there is no diffrence then why is the schools put in diffrent classifications..

And honestly the coaches you say are shaking in there boots.. Doubt it.. Thats a joke..

Hey and heres another point.. Carter is 3a they have been undefeated in there region the past 3 years..

How did they fair in a real game against Bearden last year and this year.. Hey some even had them beating Fulton..

I think Carter was horrible in 4a the year before they moved.. Then whammo look at Carter now.. One of the top programs in 3a with Fulton the past 3 years..

Explain that one to me..

Fulton made the state title game last year before losing.. But got embarrassed by Oak Ridge last year.

And Oak Ridge lost to D-B in the first round.. Bet Oak Ridge would have loved to have been 3a last year they would have won the state.. Fulton would have been just a team..

When Fulton moves up and starts playing the big schools and Facing a Farragut and O-Ridge week in and week out then tell me theres no diffrence .. As a matter of fact every team will run the score up on Fulton when they get the chance garanteed.. What fun it will be..

Carter has never been one of the top teams in 3A with Fulton. They have dominated a weak region and that is all...Fulton has crashed them in all of the recent meetings.

And what reason would Fulton have for moving up to 5A...that's just plain stupid. Why would a school with an enrollment of 900 students move up to compete on a week-to-week and year-to-year basis with schools with 1500 plus students? That's why we have 5 (and now 6) classes.

Having said that, I think the difference shrinks when you get to 4A - 5A to a degree, and gets larger as you move down to 1A. Who knows how this years teams will pan out, but I do believe the last couple of years versions of Catholic, Maryville, Fulton, and Alcoa could hold their own against 95% plus of the teams from 5A.

I agree GOVOLS ... there have been versions of teams mentioned that could on occasion play with 5A .. not very often .. Maryville could on consistent basis ... Fulton could have maybe 2 of their State championship teams and same for Alcoa .... but 90 % of the time the 5A schools are gonna get it done ... bigger schools, bigger enrollments, more 2 platoon teams, more coaches etc .... Alcoa may actually be one of best tema sin state regardless of class this year and same could be said for some Maryville teams .... Oak Ridge is good 5A team but nowhere near what they used to be as a 5A power .... Oak Ridge should win friday night but hopefully Fulton will give them a game .....

I agree GOVOLS ... there have been versions of teams mentioned that could on occasion play with 5A .. not very often .. Maryville could on consistent basis ... Fulton could have maybe 2 of their State championship teams and same for Alcoa .... but 90 % of the time the 5A schools are gonna get it done ... bigger schools, bigger enrollments, more 2 platoon teams, more coaches etc .... Alcoa may actually be one of best tema sin state regardless of class this year and same could be said for some Maryville teams .... Oak Ridge is good 5A team but nowhere near what they used to be as a 5A power .... Oak Ridge should win friday night but hopefully Fulton will give them a game .....

How about the UT Vols, would you consider them 2 A if they were in HS? That would mean LSU. GA & FL would be 5 A. I think i get your point.

Ruse, good post and points, but since I follow both Oak Ridge and CAK I'll point out it was CAK (2A) handling Powell (4A) at the jamboree, not Central.

Having always followed 5A ball up until about 4 years ago when I started to keep up with 2A ball too, I've thought about the different classifications and what they really mean picking a game a good bit. Generally, I think a great 3A team can hang with a great 4A team. Or a very good 2A team might hang with a good 3A team. But when you jump 2 classes or more, there is such a difference in the talent pool you have to work with that it would have to be a great 3A team over a mid level 5A team, not a great 3A team over a great 5A team.

Having said that, I think the difference shrinks when you get to 4A - 5A to a degree, and gets larger as you move down to 1A. Who knows how this years teams will pan out, but I do believe the last couple of years versions of Catholic, Maryville, Fulton, and Alcoa could hold their own against 95% plus of the teams from 5A.

Govolsknox.

My bad. I was thinking of Grace wearing out Central.

ruse?

Explain that one to me..

fsutandem.

See if I can help, by removing sarcasm.

A scrimmage is important; not because you don't see "the true colors of a team", but rather the true colors of individual players/talent or parts of a team (combinations of OL, LBs, Secondary, etc). You can also, to a certain degree get a sense for how inexperienced players will perform on a bigger stage. Also, you can put your offense, defense, and special teams in situations that are difficult on a repetitive basis (3rd & long, goal line, pooch kick). This tests folks physical and mental toughness, and is termed, a situational scrimmage. You may also wish to challenge programs that are perceived to be "better" in an effort to push your team, and maximize opportunity for improvement. Most good coaches would rather not scrimmage teams that are not competitive. This is why teams like Fulton, AE, Alcoa, Maryville, Catholic all Scrimmage "up." Stevens, Courtney, Monore, and Wilhite all know full well that every one of those teams I just mentioned would and have given them everything they wanted. If not, they would not scrimmage them. Period.

Now, Carter is a 3A school that plays in a weaker region. Carter has won that region every year they have been in it. Carter has also lost to the #4 seed out of the opposing region each year. Carter would not make the playoffs in the opposite region IMO. Fulton, Austin East, Anderson County, Catholic, and Kingston would all be ahead.

OR should have beat Fulton last year, and did. Fulton gets better as the year goes on....every year. Some teams do, and others don't. Fact. Catholic beat the tar out of Fulton last season. Much worse that what OR did, but Fulton marched on through the playoffs, while Catholic went home. Sort of like OR has done the last few years.

Fulton and Anderson County will move up to 4A next year I believe. So OR won't have a shot at them. However, Catholic will go all the way up because of the multiplier, and actually be in the same Region with OR, if I read it right. Been a while. So time will tell, but OR should be able to stomp a hole in a little 600 student school. Sort of like they would Alcoa.

OR should beat Fulton right?

ruse?

[quote name='Govolsknox' date='Aug 25 2008 - 01:36 PM' post='826829024'

Thank You , Govolsknox .. You understood what I was saying.. 2 Classifications are a bit much for smaller classifications.. All due to the depth and kids to choose from..

Ruse , Private Schools are in there own classifications.. Private schools can have kids from all over the states as long as the parents are willing to pay.. Unlike the public schools you get the community kids.. Private schools could go out and pull in Pro players kids if they want you never know about them.. So there for Webb could win easily.

Theres Ole Fsutandems answer on that one RUSE>>>

Fsutandems.

Private schools are not in there own classifications. A private school can essentially choose to play in Division II or play in Division I. If Division I is the choice, there is a "multiplier." This means that a multiplier of 1.9 is applied to the student population for the purposes of calculating the student population. So if a private school with 500 students has an enrollment of 1000 students for the TSSAA calculation, and classification placement. Privates don't get kids from all over the state. They generally get them from within their own communities. Occasionally kids will come from outside the county to go to a particular school, but that is no different than some publics. See Lanxter, and Sommer @ Alcoa from Bearden and Karns respectively or Douglas and Burnette @ Mville from Farragut, and Anderson County respectively. I have long said Buck Coatney is the best recruiter in Knoxville, and he proved it again this year with Courtland Styles who went over from Central.

ruse?

Hey turtle if you like Stanton so well let's swap coaches for a year. You take Stanton and we will take Buck! And just see what happens.

Hahahaha I'm not a Fulton fan!! SO you can have Buck all you want... Now if you want to swap coaches with your other former player that coaches AE let's do it.. i think Stevens will lead the mighty Roadrunners back to the GOLD BAll!!!

hahaha you peeps kill me...