Fulton @ Oak Ridge

SPLITBACK

Hey boyfromsi it is the one and only TC making his return.... The wildcats better have everything in check before Friday night as Fulton will be looking for blood. Great match up between 2 of the most powerful football schools in Tennessee. To win the Cats must stike fast on often. The home crowd must be jackked up to give the cats the 12 man advantage.......

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you all talking about trying to get another coach at Oak Ridge, you have the right man for the job you all just have to stand behind him and quit bashing him.

Another thing I think this may get out of hand.. I think Stevens wants to run up the score because he lost so many playoffs games to the Falcons at AE. Another thing saying a team is not ready for a 5a team isn't called for.. Like I've said so many times, 1a, 2a, 3a, 4a, 5a, there's not a difference in the style of football.. The only difference is the number of students in the building... I think any under Class team will be able to handle any upper class... You just have to get the right ones...

Where are you reading on here that Oak Ridge fans are trying to get another coach? I'm just curious.

Ole Dad

Why are you all talking about trying to get another coach at Oak Ridge, you have the right man for the job you all just have to stand behind him and quit bashing him.

Another thing I think this may get out of hand.. I think Stevens watns to run up te the score because he lost so many playoffs games to the Falcons at AE. Another thing saying a team is not ready for a 5a team isn't called for.. Like I've said so many times, 1a, 2a, 3a, 4a, 5a, there's not a difference in the style of football.. The only difference is the number of students in the building...

there is a diffrence that is why there is 1a 2a 3a 4a 5a .. If there was'nt then why do they seperate the big schools from the smaller schools.. Why do they do that.. So you are telling me that a 1a school like Cosby for example has the depth to play a 5a Farragut.. But they are all the same I guess lets let them play next year..

Now don't get me wrong there may not be much of a diffrence between 4a and 5a.. 2a to 3a or 3a to 4a.. But 3a to 5a

that is a diffrence..

How bout Fulton move up to 5a next year.. Hurry and do it before it is all settled... I would like to see how you guys do..

My guess you guys will win state every year since there is no diffrence..

there is a diffrence that is why there is 1a 2a 3a 4a 5a .. If there was'nt then why do they seperate the big schools from the smaller schools.. Why do they do that.. So you are telling me that a 1a school like Cosby for example has the depth to play a 5a Farragut.. But they are all the same I guess lets let them play next year..

Now don't get me wrong there may not be much of a diffrence between 4a and 5a.. 2a to 3a or 3a to 4a.. But 3a to 5a

that is a diffrence..

How bout Fulton move up to 5a next year.. Hurry and do it before it is all settled... I would like to see how you guys do..

My guess you guys will win state every year since there is no diffrence..

fsutandem.

How did 5A (OR) do against 2A (Alcoa) this past pre-season?

How did 5A (OR) do against 3A (AC) this past pre-season?

How did 5A (Bearden) do against 3A (Catholic) this past pre-season?

How did 2A (CAK) do against 4A Central this past re-season?

Those four are 2 Class jumps each, and as I recall, the only one that was reasonably competitive was Bearden/Catholic.

"Practice man, you talkin bout practice. Practice? Man you talkin bout practice!"

I don't know, but in IMO, OR would be in about the same place in Region 2-3A as they are in 2-5A. I would venture a guess that Oak Ridge would be pushed pretty hard by Fulton, AE, Catholic, and AC on a regular basis. Last year I felt OR would beat Fulton. OR had more talent and experience. Kirkpatrick, the other good MLB, the RB, that was a good hoopster, and IMO, the most under-rated OL in ET in Alex Stuart. The biggest difference between OR, and Fulton is that Fulton improves over the course of a season as well as anyone. OR should win this year as well, but I don't think they will.

You might get your wish. If I recall correctly, Fulton, and Catholic will be playing w/OR as a part of the reclassification for 09. Maybe not Fulton, but Catholic will because of the multiplier. Pretty sure Coatney and Pemberton are shaking in their boots. Pemberton for sure after that season opener @ 4A Morristown West where they sqeaked out a 28-0 win.

ruse?

wusssup Turtle? Yo bois' ready for Webb? Ole fsutandem thinks the big bad 3A school should stomp the little private.

fsutandem.

I don't know, but in IMO, OR would be in about the same place in Region 2-3A as they are in 2-5A. I would venture a guess that Oak Ridge would be pushed pretty hard by Fulton, AE, Catholic, and AC on a regular basis. Last year I felt OR would beat Fulton. OR had more talent and experience. Kirkpatrick, the other good MLB, the RB, that was a good hoopster, and IMO, the most under-rated OL in ET in Alex Stuart. The biggest difference between OR, and Fulton is that Fulton improves over the course of a season as well as anyone. OR should win this year as well, but I don't think they will.

ruse?

Hey Ruse ... I think for the most part some schools regardless of clasification can play with the big boys (big enrollments) but it does give a school an awful lot of kids to choose from ... Fulton had about 35 kids for the scrimmage with Powell and Powell had about 60. I think OR will win Friday night based on how Fulton played last Thursday night against Powell .. they didnt look very good at all .. I dont see any Senior leadership ... probabaly cause there aint but 2 or 3 seniors out there ... but if you had asked me about the game after Fulton went to NC to play Hickory I would have said Fulton had a chance against OR ... but as bad as I hate to say it it looks like OR by 14 ... say 21-7 .. Fulton starts slow this year due to the numbers of Sophs starting, the passing game woes and the fact that they have more lineman playing both ways than normal .. I think they lost a returning Senior DL with a leg injury against Hickory and looks to be out a while and he only played defense so somebody on that OL has to come over and play both ways ...

fsutandem.

How did 5A (OR) do against 2A (Alcoa) this past pre-season?

How did 5A (OR) do against 3A (AC) this past pre-season?

How did 5A (Bearden) do against 3A (Catholic) this past pre-season?

How did 2A (CAK) do against 4A Central this past re-season?

Those four are 2 Class jumps each, and as I recall, the only one that was reasonably competitive was Bearden/Catholic.

"Practice man, you talkin bout practice. Practice? Man you talkin bout practice!"

You might get your wish. If I recall correctly, Fulton, and Catholic will be playing w/OR as a part of the reclassification for 09. Maybe not Fulton, but Catholic will because of the multiplier. Pretty sure Coatney and Pemberton are shaking in their boots. Pemberton for sure after that season opener @ 4A Morristown West where they sqeaked out a 28-0 win.

ruse?

wusssup Turtle? Yo bois' ready for Webb? Ole fsutandem thinks the big bad 3A school should stomp the little private.

Ruse, good post and points, but since I follow both Oak Ridge and CAK I'll point out it was CAK (2A) handling Powell (4A) at the jamboree, not Central.

Having always followed 5A ball up until about 4 years ago when I started to keep up with 2A ball too, I've thought about the different classifications and what they really mean picking a game a good bit. Generally, I think a great 3A team can hang with a great 4A team. Or a very good 2A team might hang with a good 3A team. But when you jump 2 classes or more, there is such a difference in the talent pool you have to work with that it would have to be a great 3A team over a mid level 5A team, not a great 3A team over a great 5A team.

Having said that, I think the difference shrinks when you get to 4A - 5A to a degree, and gets larger as you move down to 1A. Who knows how this years teams will pan out, but I do believe the last couple of years versions of Catholic, Maryville, Fulton, and Alcoa could hold their own against 95% plus of the teams from 5A.