Tullahoma Wildcats

bigcatdaddy

I still think Tullahoma has a chance to go 7-3, losing at Lincoln Co, at Hillsboro and at home against Maplewood. In the Wildcats scrimmages, they went 2-0-1, if you count the entire scimmage against Hendersonville, Oakland and at Giles Co. The first team was behind 14-7 at Giles Co and I think 21-7 against Oakland, when they came out of the game. They ended up beating Giles Co 16-14 and had a tie with Oakland 21-21. The freshman team is 2-0 in scrimmages and the Tullahoma Middle School defeated Harris Middle of Shelbyville tonite in their opener 28-6. I thought Harris Middle was the pre-season favorite. The key game for Tullahoma will be their Region opener at Whites Creek. Matt Hagen has the skills to be an excellent QB, but lacks game experience. We have a veteran group of wide receivers and some speedy backs who are short on size. The defense will be pretty good and the kicking game is above average. As always, Tullahoma will be well coached and with the additions of Ronnie Bray and Steve Britton, the coaching staff is as good as its ever been. We've only had two losing seasons in the last 16 or 17 years. That's very consistent. Don't forget, Scott Shasteen and I are starting a sports talk show, beginning this Thursday nite and every Thursday nite at 7pm on fantasy radio, 101.5 in Manchester. John Olive will be in the studio Thursday nite as a special guest. Its football time in Tennessee.

How is the QB transfer looking this year? I heard that he is looking pretty good backing up Hagen.

If your referring to Derek Bowles, I heard he is looking good also. He's a fine young man that actually played for Tullahoma freshmen last year. Two years ago he played for Coffee Co. middle school. Our middle school team had to play them twice that year the final game being for the Central Tennessee Championship. My son played QB also and he and Derek became good friends. They always make sure they find each other after the game to talk for awhile. Last year when we played Tullahoma he made sure to come over to my son before the game to say he was sorry about his injury (mutiple fractured collarbone) that he had suffered during our game with Soddy Daisy and told him he knew it had to be hard not playing. We were back there to play in the Lion's Bowl and he introduced me to his mother and I made sure to tell her what a fine young man she is raising. Good luck to the Wildcats this year except on Sept. 26th.

If your referring to Derek Bowles, I heard he is looking good also. He's a fine young man that actually played for Tullahoma freshmen last year. Two years ago he played for Coffee Co. middle school. Our middle school team had to play them twice that year the final game being for the Central Tennessee Championship. My son played QB also and he and Derek became good friends. They always make sure they find each other after the game to talk for awhile. Last year when we played Tullahoma he made sure to come over to my son before the game to say he was sorry about his injury (mutiple fractured collarbone) that he had suffered during our game with Soddy Daisy and told him he knew it had to be hard not playing. We were back there to play in the Lion's Bowl and he introduced me to his mother and I made sure to tell her what a fine young man she is raising. Good luck to the Wildcats this year except on Sept. 26th.

Yeah, he is the one I was referring to. I even heard that another freshman QB transferred from there this year.

Here are my feelings about Tullahoma: Look to have a pretty solid front 7, although the secondary is a little bit to be desired. Qb has a strong arm, but he presses too much and its either incomplete or badly thrown. Have the potential for a pretty good run game, but will need a suitable backup because that little back will not be able to take the punishment all year long.

Regardless, I think they will win 6 this year, they arent great in any 1 area, but steady in all

Wilkins Stadium is in fine shape and good to go for the Aug. 29 home opener against Franklin County. The Wildcats open at Lincoln County on the 22. Binns is correct in that the key early game is against Whites Creek. Tullahoma is always undersized and always gets overlooked in the preseason. Look for them to have good depth on the line and at wide receiver. QB Matt Hagen will be better than he looked against Oakland. After that first hit in The Pit he'll settle down and do a good job.

I still think Tullahoma has a chance to go 7-3, losing at Lincoln Co, at Hillsboro and at home against Maplewood. In the Wildcats scrimmages, they went 2-0-1, if you count the entire scimmage against Hendersonville, Oakland and at Giles Co. The first team was behind 14-7 at Giles Co and I think 21-7 against Oakland, when they came out of the game. They ended up beating Giles Co 16-14 and had a tie with Oakland 21-21. The freshman team is 2-0 in scrimmages and the Tullahoma Middle School defeated Harris Middle of Shelbyville tonite in their opener 28-6. I thought Harris Middle was the pre-season favorite. The key game for Tullahoma will be their Region opener at Whites Creek. Matt Hagen has the skills to be an excellent QB, but lacks game experience. We have a veteran group of wide receivers and some speedy backs who are short on size. The defense will be pretty good and the kicking game is above average. As always, Tullahoma will be well coached and with the additions of Ronnie Bray and Steve Britton, the coaching staff is as good as its ever been. We've only had two losing seasons in the last 16 or 17 years. That's very consistent. Don't forget, Scott Shasteen and I are starting a sports talk show, beginning this Thursday nite and every Thursday nite at 7pm on fantasy radio, 101.5 in Manchester. John Olive will be in the studio Thursday nite as a special guest. Its football time in Tennessee.

Good post Binns, its hard to get a handle on just where we stand right now. I have seen some good things on both sides of the ball. I think this first game with Lincoln County will be a good barometer for where we are right now. We have got to stop that running game and put some points on the board. Looking forward to listening to your talk show tomorrow night.