Obion Central vs Jackson South Side

obionpower1

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO, Obion WILL NOT WIN this game, matter of fact, I think this new coach will see what a mistake he has made by not playing others this summer and keeping things to themselves.

Even the Pros srimmage each other. I think this coach will fill in just like all the other coaches that have been at Troy since Bowling left. It will be a tough road coaching at Obion County and this caoch will be no different. The reason Obion was so good during the years of Bowling is he taught fundamintals and respect to others. Now that he is at Union City, he will get them going back on the right track.

It should be a interesting game when Union City playes Obion and if coach bowling holds back the horses. Union City should do very well with most teams.

back to Obion...they would be much BETTER OFF if the parents would keep their noses out of the coaches business as well as the school board. It is not fair to the kids each year you have to bring in a new coach and this seems to be the trend going at Obion County.

I wish them luck but the region Obion is in will be VERY HARD to build much of a program if things do not change.

Just my opinion!!

I think Southside will win. But it has nothing to do with not scrimmaging. It has to do with trying to build a program at a school that has had limited success in the past. So you think he will fit in like all the other coaches since Bowling left? Well, Driggers was the only one to coach since Bowling left. Bowling was a good coach, but perhaps you should look at his record at OC. You may find that he started high and finished low. Is that due to teams learning his scheme or was he simply riding the athletes that were already there when he arrived? No one knows. I may be wrong, but I don't think Bowling will have to "hold back the horses" when UC vs OC comes around. As an OC fan, I hope it will be a good game because I don't think these 2 teams will be playing each other much if any in the future.

The UC paper always wants to report on how OC has ANOTHER new coach. Yet it seems to me that Bowling is UC's 3rd coach in the last 5 years as well. And yes, there are parents who butt in where they don't belong in OC, the same as in UC. I think UC also just removed their baseball coach. I don't know why, but I know the rumors. Fortunately, I don't repeat rumors, only what I know. Based on that, I don't post very often and can't comment on the reasons he was removed any more than on UC's last football coach. However, the facts are that the last 2 men to coach at OC left of there own accord, not due to parental interference. Bowling left for more money by his own admission (as would I) and Driggers left for personal reasons. Having known him and talked with him before he left, I know this to be fact as well.

Thing is, we all need to be nosedeep in our own business and out of others, be it coaches, parents, or fans.

Good luck to UC, but best of luck to my REBELS!

NO, Obion WILL NOT WIN this game, matter of fact, I think this new coach will see what a mistake he has made by not playing others this summer and keeping things to themselves.

Even the Pros srimmage each other. I think this coach will fill in just like all the other coaches that have been at Troy since Bowling left. It will be a tough road coaching at Obion County and this caoch will be no different. The reason Obion was so good during the years of Bowling is he taught fundamintals and respect to others. Now that he is at Union City, he will get them going back on the right track.

It should be a interesting game when Union City playes Obion and if coach bowling holds back the horses. Union City should do very well with most teams.

back to Obion...they would be much BETTER OFF if the parents would keep their noses out of the coaches business as well as the school board. It is not fair to the kids each year you have to bring in a new coach and this seems to be the trend going at Obion County.

I wish them luck but the region Obion is in will be VERY HARD to build much of a program if things do not change.

Just my opinion!!

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We ALL hope that Obion County has a great year and hopes that this coach may stay a while. Yes, Union City has had ( 3 ) different coaches in the last ( 6 ) years, but you have to know that Barnes had been at U C for around 20 year, Fishel ( 5 ) years and Bowling we hope for several.

Everyone knows and is talking about the MANY coaches that have been in and out at Obion.

You really CAN'T compare Union City with Obion when it comes to the amount of coaches that have been in and out of the programs. Matter of fact, Chris Hill really wanted the Union City job as well as Coach Larry Shanks and even Barnes. These are guys who have already been with the U C program in years past not counting Hill.

I don't ever see many names that have been at Obion that ever wanted to come back.

I just wish POLITICS would stay away from the programs of all schools and let the coaches and kids do their thing.

Good luck to Obion...we would like to see that program get back on track!!

I thought the OC had a coach for a day then quit. Or was that basketball? And the OC UC game won't even be close, just like the South Side game will be. Just think of the whouppin UC gave OC last year, and UC is way better than last year. With this said, I am pulling for an upset over South Side.

Your right, Obion did have another coach for 1 day....I do remember that. Now, that is kinda bad when you hire a guy and he turns in his papers to leave the very next day.

I think most could say an upset could happen but it won't be this Friday night.

Obion could easily go 0 - 10 again this year.

The only and I mean ONLY chance the Rebels have at winning game # 1 of the year is Brighton.

Sorry, just my opinion.

First , I want to wish the OC Coach and the boys good luck tonight and also the rest of the season. There have been a few remarks on here about parents being the reason coaches leave. Well that is true, but we also have two men in Administration at the school board, that isn't helping matters either. I'm not mentioning names, but everyone knows who they are. If you think about it the coaches that we've had to leave, it has happened in the last 3 yrs. So that should say a lot of why they are leaving. We have a new position that was filled last year, that is unnessary, the money they are paying him could be put somewhere else. That job was always done by the Director of schools and the Principal of each school. Coaches aren't the only ones leaving OC. The attendance for the couny is way low, people do not realize how many kids have left and went elsewhere. So let me tell you the only problem we have in the county is not just the parents, its who running the system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They tell us to teach the kids, Character and have Respect, its hard when they treat our coaches like they do. Then the kids have to suffer, when they up and leave in one year.