Ticket Cost?

WBGradFan

Guest touchdowntech

$7 for a high school game? in illinois the quality is better and tickets cheaper.i don't even think it cost more than $6 for a state title game there.ofc the ihsa is great and not greedy like the tssaa

Isnt Ticket prices in the regular season up to the schools?

Ultimately yes, it is up to the individual schools. However, if the TSSAA keeps raising their percentage that they "TAKE" from each ticket what are schools to do?

I had no clue that this went on, but someone told me last year that each school has to pay the TSSAA a set fee, or dues, each year. They said 5A schools paid over $1500. Do the math on that guys. Then they take a percentage of the gates. Where does this money go? Schools are responsible for paying officials for each game (out of the gate money), so what do they do with that money?

Just curious.

$7 for a high school game? in illinois the quality is better and tickets cheaper.i don't even think it cost more than $6 for a state title game there.ofc the ihsa is great and not greedy like the tssaa

I am not so sure that the quality of high school football is higher in Illinois than Tennessee. Illinois has a higher population base than Tennessee but overall the teams are not a good. With regards to the ticket price, just what is the cost of attending a movie in your area? If kids have enough $$$$$ to attend a movie they have $7.00 to attend their high school football game. In most metropolitian areas it cost $9.50+ for adults to attend a movie.