Tullahoma at Lincoln Co

binns37388

Tullahoma travels to the Pit at Lincoln Co Friday nite to face the Falcons. Is there anyway Tullahoma can win this game? Lincoln Co has been picked to finish 1st in Region 3-5A and the Tullahoma Wildcats were picked to finish 3rd in Region 5-4A. Last season, Lincoln Co went 8-2 in the regular season and 5-0 in the Region. The Falcons beat Lebanon in the first round of the playoffs 20-17 and then lost to the eventual state champion Smyrna Bulldogs 43-16 in the second round. They have won a state championship 3 times. Tullahoma went 6-4 in the regular season last year and were 4-2 in Region play to finish 3rd. Last season at Tullahoma, Lincoln Co had to come from behind in the last 2 minutes to defeat the Wildcats 22-18. Tullahoma lost their first round game in the state playoffs at Mt. Juliet 42-14. Its a great rivalry that renewed last season between two neighboring schools who have a great tradition in football. Although Lincoln Co holds the upper hand in the series, Tullahoma is usually competitive with Lincoln Co in football. I haven't talked with anyone who thinks Tullahoma can win this game, but anything can happen and there are upsets each week in Tennessee high school football. As of right now, there is a 80% chance it won't rain Friday in this area. I don't know about Lincoln Co, but Tullahoma is relatively injury free going into the game. I just hope there are no significant injuries to players on both teams during the game.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tullahoma travels to the Pit at Lincoln Co Friday nite to face the Falcons. Is there anyway Tullahoma can win this game? Lincoln Co has been picked to finish 1st in Region 3-5A and the Tullahoma Wildcats were picked to finish 3rd in Region 5-4A. Last season, Lincoln Co went 8-2 in the regular season and 5-0 in the Region. The Falcons beat Lebanon in the first round of the playoffs 20-17 and then lost to the eventual state champion Smyrna Bulldogs 43-16 in the second round. They have won a state championship 3 times. Tullahoma went 6-4 in the regular season last year and were 4-2 in Region play to finish 3rd. Last season at Tullahoma, Lincoln Co had to come from behind in the last 2 minutes to defeat the Wildcats 22-18. Tullahoma lost their first round game in the state playoffs at Mt. Juliet 42-14. Its a great rivalry that renewed last season between two neighboring schools who have a great tradition in football. Although Lincoln Co holds the upper hand in the series, Tullahoma is usually competitive with Lincoln Co in football. I haven't talked with anyone who thinks Tullahoma can win this game, but anything can happen and there are upsets each week in Tennessee high school football. As of right now, there is a 80% chance it won't rain Friday in this area. I don't know about Lincoln Co, but Tullahoma is relatively injury free going into the game. I just hope there are no significant injuries to players on both teams during the game.

This one will be tough for Tullahoma to pull off. I watched Lincoln County in the jamboree at Marshall County last week - the Falcons are tough again.

I don't think Tullahoma really has much of a chance of pulling this one off. Lincoln has to many returners on Defense and that new transfer from Brentwood is a stud. He does great on both sides of the ball. If people thought Lincoln was tough last year just think what they will do now that they have TWO great linebackers instead of just one like they usually do.

Since I was in school, Tullahoma was a team I always hated to see coming. It seems like they have always played us tough. I never look for a blowout when these two teams go head to head. I also saw Lincoln Co in the jamboree and while they looked strong, you can never count the wildcats out. What a boost it would be if the 4A team could knock of a 5A team. I'm sure both teams will bring their A-game and we will see some smash mouth football. Hope everyone has a safe trip down to the pit Friday night. I think the rain chance here is about 20% so maybe we can see all of the game in one night.

Lincoln County will win this game but both these teams will lose in the first round of playoffs, if Tullahoma even makes the playoffs, they looked like a 1A team against Oakland's starters last week, the quarterback had more interceptions than completions.

That's what was said last year, that LC had no chance against Lebanon, but came out the winners. Only to be beat like a drum by Smyrna the state champs. The playoffs are still a long way off and it's a little early to be picking who will get there and who will win once there.

Lincoln County will win this game but both these teams will lose in the first round of playoffs, if Tullahoma even makes the playoffs, they looked like a 1A team against Oakland's starters last week, the quarterback had more interceptions than completions.

Did your feeble mind consider that maybe it had more to do with Oakland's defense than their offense?