New Era for South Fulton

DevilDad44

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the win...You are very correct on the season starts now...The pre-lims are over with...

**People can talk ALL they want about SF not having the strongest first five games...Let me remind those folks that this program had won 1 game on the field the last two years...These guys winning 5 in a season would have been a tremendous improvement...To win 5 of 5 is almost unbelievable...Looks like the folks that hire coaches in Obion County might have gotten one right in this instance**

You are so right! The kids have wanted to play and to coached to win the last few years, but getting coach Spivey was a blessing! He has talent to motivate the players and to show them how to win without cursing and putting down the players or blaming them for a bad season. I know the next five games will be very tough but I believe they can make the playoffs.

Would also like to add that the South Fulton Middle School Red Devils are 7-0 goin into their last game of the regular season with Fulton Co, Ky before playing either Ridgemont or Lake Road in the Rebel Bowl on October 9th. No team has come with-inb 3 tds or them so far with each game being over by halftime.

Coach Spivey has alot to look forward to with all the junior high kids coming into high school the next few years. SF will be full of speed and size.

Congrats to the Red Devils and good luck in these last few games.

I would like to see SF play Union City or some other teams other than in Obion County. In the 2001 season, we won the Rebel Bowl over Lake Road in a comeback 30-22 and was invited to play in the Tatur Bowl at Gleason against Dresden. Could we possibly be invited to some other bowl game?

467 students being reported for South Fulton's next enrollment..It is a new era!All you South Fulton fans have kept this pretty quiet if it's true...lol

Those numbers are inaccurate for high school. Those numbers are the numbers for the middle and high school combined. I wish we had that many students! Coach Spivey would just put an even more powerful team on the field! Boy we finally have a winning season and already people are whinning about our winning. lol. As for me, the rest of our fans, and the team WE BELIEVE

Those numbers are inaccurate for high school. Those numbers are the numbers for the middle and high school combined. I wish we had that many students! Coach Spivey would just put an even more powerful team on the field! Boy we finally have a winning season and already people are whinning about our winning. lol. As for me, the rest of our fans, and the team WE BELIEVE

DevilDad..Yall have done very well so far..I wrote on another post that I'm anxious to see what yall do the next few games..Don't mean it in a bad way..Just most of us are waiting to see what South Fulton does against Union City,McKenzie,Gleason and Lake Co..But no matter what..Good job so far ..And I'm not saying South Fulton won't beat any of these teams..Just curious!..Good luck to South Fulton..I am glad things are looking up for yall!

A lot of people are pulling for South Fulton..Coach Spivey's former head coach,Bobby Sharp from Lewis Co called me last night as soon as the Lake Co- West Carrol game was over and wanted to know how yall did...He told me several weeks ago that Coach Spivey and South Fulton were going to kick our rear ends..lol...

I'm gonna predict that South Fulton will finish 6-4 or 7-3. Not trying to be mean, here....just trying to be real. Yall have improved greatly, and Sam Curtis is a MAN....wow, he's huge. But, I just dont see yall beating UC and McKenzie....and then, Gleason and Lake Co. will both be tough wins for yall. But, I do see yall making the playoffs....at the three, or four spot. Yall are definitely a lot better than I thought yall were.

I'm gonna predict that South Fulton will finish 6-4 or 7-3. Not trying to be mean, here....just trying to be real. Yall have improved greatly, and Sam Curtis is a MAN....wow, he's huge. But, I just dont see yall beating UC and McKenzie....and then, Gleason and Lake Co. will both be tough wins for yall. But, I do see yall making the playoffs....at the three, or four spot. Yall are definitely a lot better than I thought yall were.

You're thinking about the same as I am..But in reality..Lake Co is in a bad spot at the moment...With losing to Gleason and Greenfield beating Gleason earlier..if Lake Co were to beat Greenfield and South Fulton and Bruceton..don't want to finish in a 3 way tie with anyone..Best overall record wouldn't be in their favor..Probably need Gleason to lose to South Fulton and Lake Co to win out..That way if Lake Co loses 3 district games and South Fulton loses to U.C...Mckenzie and Lake Co..we'd be ok..Same if Greenfield has 3 losses and Lake Co beats them..But if it's a 3 way tie with anyone..Lake Co will stayat home..Anything can happen..Lake co can't afford anothe loss to anyone or they're through..A win over South Fulton and Greenfield and Bruceton and then an upset over McKenzie would put them in..Right now..South Fulton is in a great spot ...

Just looked at the schedules..If Lake Co beats South Fulton,Bruceton,Greenfield and loses to McKenzie..will have 3 district losses and 5 overall..Gleason still has Union City..A loss to Union City will give them the same record..Greenfield still has Union City and Mckenzie I believe and they could finish the same as Lake Co and Gleason..A three way tie with all having 3 district losses and 5 overall..Do they go by points scored then..tougher schedule,...A loss for South Fulton to all the remaing teams will keep them out..If South Fulton were to lose to Union City,McKenzie ,and just win 1 of the remaing two games against Gleason or Lake co..will probably get the #3 spot even if they finish in a 3 way tie because they'll have less losses...So..maybe the schedule they've played will push them in the playoffs!Going to get interesting!

I am impressed with the job Coach Spivey has done with this team. Whether they win another game, he has done a remarkable job. Those are the same boys that one one game last year. They also lost a quarterback from last years team that starts for Covington this year. I also noticed that you had 23 boys dressed out. I applaud this South Fulton team and I hope you run the table. You have a fan from Greenfield who will be pulling for you. Go Red Devils!