Hillsboro vs Franklin

tnfootball4

After watching Franklin vs Hillsboro I was in shock.Hillsboro almost came back at the end, but the other three quarters were complete dominance by Frankiln.Adam Ford is an amazing football player and will give a tough time to anybody they play.Shane Grahm looked terrific the whole game.The #1 reciever had a stand out performance,he made a couple tough catches and then broke some tackles.Franklin's cornerbacks played very well against a great recieving core.When Eric Gordon got the ball he made some great plays.Hillsboro's qb threw the ball good.Hillsboro has to start tackling better.Numerous amount of times they had the ball carrier wrapped up at the line of scrimmage and just couldnt bring him down.When Franklin's running backs hit open field they schooled the Hillsboro secondary.Franklin's O-line opened some great holes for the running backs.Franklins defense shut down the Burros in the first half, but allowed a few big plays in the second half.Hillsboro's defense could not stop the high powered offense that Franklin had tonight.Both teams will have a great season!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching Franklin vs Hillsboro I was in shock.Hillsboro almost came back at the end, but the other three quarters were complete dominance by Frankiln.Adam Ford is an amazing football player and will give a tough time to anybody they play.Shane Grahm looked terrific the whole game.The #1 reciever had a stand out performance,he made a couple tough catches and then broke some tackles.Franklin's cornerbacks played very well against a great recieving core.When Eric Gordon got the ball he made some great plays.Hillsboro's qb threw the ball good.Hillsboro has to start tackling better.Numerous amount of times they had the ball carrier wrapped up at the line of scrimmage and just couldnt bring him down.When Franklin's running backs hit open field they schooled the Hillsboro secondary.Franklin's O-line opened some great holes for the running backs.Franklins defense shut down the Burros in the first half, but allowed a few big plays in the second half.Hillsboro's defense could not stop the high powered offense that Franklin had tonight.Both teams will have a great season!

Good analysis.

Hillsboro did have a nice comeback, but I take away TD #1. 4th down. The QB is hit in the backfield and spins out of the tackle. He looks like he had a knee down, but the ref DID NOT blow the whistle. If you DO NOT BLOW THE WHISTLE, the play is still live which is why the QB then tried to run. When he tried to run, he was knocked flat on his rear. The ref then pulls out the flag and calls Franklin for a late hit. BOGUS call. Franklin in well disciplined - if they weren't, they wouldn't keep after the ball until the play is ruled dead. They also had no defensive false starts. That is great discipline especially how the HHS line would raise up and down real quick as they were getting set.

WAY TO GO REBELS! Pray for John Gentry.

Hillsboro did have a nice comeback, but I take away TD #1. 4th down. The QB is hit in the backfield and spins out of the tackle. He looks like he had a knee down, but the ref DID NOT blow the whistle. If you DO NOT BLOW THE WHISTLE, the play is still live which is why the QB then tried to run. When he tried to run, he was knocked flat on his rear. The ref then pulls out the flag and calls Franklin for a late hit. BOGUS call. Franklin in well disciplined - if they weren't, they wouldn't keep after the ball until the play is ruled dead. They also had no defensive false starts. That is great discipline especially how the HHS line would raise up and down real quick as they were getting set.

WAY TO GO REBELS! Pray for John Gentry.

With all dues respect to the great effort Franklin gave (especially in the first half), Greg Young's right knee just grazed the grass and was DOWN and the referee did actually blow the whistle, but he did not blow it demonstratively until after Young was back on his feet (right before the late hit). That is why Franklin fans were upset. However, It was the proper call on the late hit.

Also, HHS and Franklin's offensive lines BOTH flex during their cadence. I personally saw SEVERAL offsides by both sides' defensive lines that probably could have been called, but the officials ruled that they got back before the snap.

Congratulations to Franklin players and coaches on a game well played and a great opportunity seized! Without a doubt, my prayers go out to the Franklin O-Lineman that was injured. Good luck to the Rebels the rest of the season! The rivalry is just getting going though as beginning next year the game will have region standing implications in addition to the current bragging rights!

With all dues respect to the great effort Franklin gave (especially in the first half), Greg Young's right knee just grazed the grass and was DOWN and the referee did actually blow the whistle, but he did not blow it demonstratively until after Young was back on his feet (right before the late hit). That is why Franklin fans were upset. However, It was the proper call on the late hit.

Also, HHS and Franklin's offensive lines BOTH flex during their cadence. I personally saw SEVERAL offsides by both sides' defensive lines that probably could have been called, but the officials ruled that they got back before the snap.

Congratulations to Franklin players and coaches on a game well played and a great opportunity seized! Without a doubt, my prayers go out to the Franklin O-Lineman that was injured. Good luck to the Rebels the rest of the season! The rivalry is just getting going though as beginning next year the game will have region standing implications in addition to the current bragging rights!

Agreed on all fronts. Great game from both teams. Hillsboro showed great heart battling back from such a deep hole. The late hit was questionable because the quarterback was still running and no whistle was heard in the stands, but as it didn't determine the outcome I don't see it necessary to debate it further. Franklin looked like a state championship contender for most of the night. Hillsboro looked like a state championship contender for the 4th quarter, and no doubt with an entirely healthy O they would have looked better for longer.

Eric Gordon impressed tonight. Alex Ford, Keylo Lee, and Graham Nichols impressed tonight. It was a great night to showcase the best that Tennessee high school football has to offer to the entire southeast via CSS. Big plays from both teams and a great crowd for two great programs.

One note to BurroBall though - next year Franklin and Hillsboro will be in the same "district" and "class", but franklin will still be in a different championship division. It's all very confusing, but basically Franklin will be 6A and Hillsboro will be 5A so I don't know how that all counts toward playoff standings. Here's a summary... http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=379&f=1281&t=2571476

Best of luck the rest of the season to the Burros and big ups to the Rebs on a big win. Let's get ready for McCallie now. One at a time till we get to the Boro in December!

If you didn't see this game, you should definitely rewatch it on http://www.wazoosports.com/

Prayers for John Gentry.

One note to BurroBall though - next year Franklin and Hillsboro will be in the same "district" and "class", but franklin will still be in a different championship division. It's all very confusing, but basically Franklin will be 6A and Hillsboro will be 5A so I don't know how that all counts toward playoff standings. Here's a summary... http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=379&f=1281&t=2571476

Thanks for the link. Based on what I understand from reading that: I guess four of the teams below will automatically qualify for either the 5A or 6A State playoffs (depending on which championship division they are in). Is that right? So, how is the "region" or "district" championship going to be awarded then?

Hillsboro

Franklin

Brentwood

Centennial

Independence

Ravenwood

Hillwood

Overton