Oliver Springs Bobcats @ McMinn Central Chargers

Howdee

This will be like watching a J.V. game on a friday night. Central could very well win out through the regular season barring any major injuries. This is a talented squad. Howard will be a tough test, especially at home. Polk is young, but the Davis' bunch will give 100% as always and that game could either be ugly or maybe we coould have another classic like last year. The region is down this year and I hope Central players and fans don't get to cocky or comfortable come playoff time because I've seen what the Nashville region has to offer. A .500 team over there is just as good as team, if not better, than a 10-0 team in this region. Good luck to Central players and fans on a season with high expectations, represent your town and region with class and good football.

Agree on this post, I have a lot of respect for Coach Davis and what he does at Polk. I wish them well this year. Central has to stay focused each and every week and continue to get better. They are nowhere near where they can be on offense right now, but still pretty good. Defense may be the best part of this team. Good luck this year pchs!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This ask_me from Oneida has some issues.

This should be one of these games where Coach Derrick can work his younger kids in. In my opinion he should do just that. Jump on em' early, call off the dogs, and rest for the opening brawl with Meigs.

Sorry OS, this want be close. I hope it is an injury free game.

Any updates on Moss?

Heard that Moss just twisted his ankle a little coaches have kept him out of practice this week should be ready against Oliver Springs Friday

Agree on this post, I have a lot of respect for Coach Davis and what he does at Polk. I wish them well this year. Central has to stay focused each and every week and continue to get better. They are nowhere near where they can be on offense right now, but still pretty good. Defense may be the best part of this team. Good luck this year pchs!

If you go back to the 93' state runner-up team, I would say that defense was what took them to the top that year. This could be the best overall team defense assembled at Central. I said team, not best defensive player.

If you go back to the 93' state runner-up team, I would say that defense was what took them to the top that year. This could be the best overall team defense assembled at Central. I said team, not best defensive player.

idk bout that i had to play against that wilkerson and needham combination....those two made the team D pretty good...i think it was 98...i mean nobody ran on them...kind of reminds me of the two d-ends this year except in 98 they were 6'2 290 instead of 220..

idk bout that i had to play against that wilkerson and needham combination....those two made the team D pretty good...i think it was 98...i mean nobody ran on them...kind of reminds me of the two d-ends this year except in 98 they were 6'2 290 instead of 220..

Great Team! Yes this team was probably in my top 5. This team would have went a long way if they could have avoided the injury bug.

You folks in McMinn sure aren't lacking any confidence. What a mouthy bunch. Hope you can live up to the hype this year and not be sitting at home after the first round of the playoffs like last year. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You folks in McMinn sure aren't lacking any confidence. What a mouthy bunch. Hope you can live up to the hype this year and not be sitting at home after the first round of the playoffs like last year. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

And what school do you support? Lets just say i hope its not Oliver Spring after i seen there game tape against Silverdale. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Not OS, but if it was I wouldn't deny it. I support Kingston, but I keep up with all the Roane Co. teams. Did you stop supporting McMinn two years ago when they only won one game. Ever heard of having to rebuild. Most teams have to do it.

Yep sure have heard of rebuilding and Central had been doing it for a while. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> but there loaded now. And no i didnt stop supporting them when they wasnt good, central has always had fan support at there ball games just never won many, now they have a coach that has come to the school and brought life back to the football team. Hes got all the athletes on the field that wasnt coming out and they've started winning. Im not saying there going to win state like some of these people do, thats a big statement to make coming from a team that hasnt won a playoff game in years, but hopefully they can go a long way this year. And just FYI two years ago they won more than one game.

Yep sure have heard of rebuilding and Central had been doing it for a while. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> but there loaded now. And no i didnt stop supporting them when they wasnt good, central has always had fan support at there ball games just never won many, now they have a coach that has come to the school and brought life back to the football team. Hes got all the athletes on the field that wasnt coming out and they've started winning. Im not saying there going to win state like some of these people do, thats a big statement to make coming from a team that hasnt won a playoff game in years, but hopefully they can go a long way this year. And just FYI two years ago they won more than one game.

I am not interested in getting in an argument about support, but I saw the amont of fans that Central brought to games, and if I had a bigger vehicle I could probably have got all of them in it. How long have they been rebuilding? about 10 years? I am proud for any team that turns things around, but I am also dissapointed in part time fans. You either support your school or you dont. everyone pretends that they supported them when they were down, but did they really? you can bet they will come out of the woodwork when they win. Winning this region this year will not be a great acomplishment, but going past that will, and I dont think we have a team in the region that can do it. This includes the Pittsburgh Chargers.