Greenbrier at David Lipscomb

stampede

Greenbrier (1-0) travels to David Lipscomb (0-0) for a Week One match-up. It is another game in the long-standing early season traditional battle between these two 3A schools.

Bobcat fans and Mustang fans alike need to come early and join in on the Tailgate Celebration that begins at 5:00. Beat the traffic and secure your parking place early. BBQ, burgers, sides, dessert and drinks as well as a great bluegrass band to get things started. The tailgate will be just inside the stadium to the right on the baseball outfield. Come early, bring your lawnchairs and blankets and support your team! Adults $8 and children 11 and under are $4.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where has Rogers been lining up mostly in the pre-season? Haven't had a chance to check Lipscomb out yet, but i know there was talk of putting him in the backfield to increase his touches.....

In the jamboree against Hunters Lane the Mustangs had Zack Rogers lined up at WR. The backs were #33 (Daniel) & #23 (Officer). When Rogers does get involved in the running game it will be when he's at wing. He won't be the halfback or fullback IMO at any point this year. They'll run "sally" and "rocket" with Rogers at wing. Outside of that it is no secret. David Lipscomb is going to run trap, buck, and they'll offset the back and run both sprint out pass and sprint draw. They'll run the boot off of the buck action every once and a while.

Should turn out to be another interesting matchup. We need our crowd to get nice and cozy and make some noise. Friday night was somewhat boring for about three quarters. Just hope Coach Williams keeps them focused and they forget that Gold Ball thing...and DL doesn't overlook the Bobcats.

"overlook the Bobcats"?

Are you serious? Lipscomb doesn't overlook anybody. One of the most disciplined programs in the STATE!

You'll need a lot of luck................so Good Luck!!

Friday Night's Game with Greenbrier traveling to David Lipscomb will be webcasted LIVE over the internet. Depending on weather conditions, the Lipscomb Sports Network will utilize 3 cameras for the Live Video Stream and the Radio Broadcast will provide the audio portion. So if you can't attend the game in person, be sure to catch the action LIVE over the internet at The Mustangfanpage.com .

The Webcast and Radio presentation is provided by volunteers.

More Pre-game information and Peter Powell's Lipscomb Game Day Notes will soon be posted on the MFP. Greenbrier fans may want to check the Visitor and Facillity Information as Parking has changed since your last visit.

The Mustangs are traditionally slow out of the gate in game one, but they are too talented and too well coached not to win this one by more than 14. The defense will give up single digits and Rogers accounts for at least two touchdowns...Mustangs win!

I agree. 28-7 Mustangs!!

I agree. 28-7 Mustangs!!

I don't have a horse in the race but would love to watch this one. May try to catch the part of the webcast when I get home Friday night. I really think DL is the best team int the state AAA, but I believe the Bobcats could give them fits. I think it will be close with DL coming out on top. I'm rooting for you Bobcats from East TN. Hope to see you in the playoffs.

Thanks for the invite! We look forward to it, however by the time we get thru Nashville Friday afternoon traffic, if we want seats on that visitor side, we may have to go directly to the bleachers.

EZ....unless you do not make it through traffic until just before kick-off, then the proper procedure is to rush straight over to the visitor bleachers and put down your blanket or stadium seat to preserve your seat then go on over to the tailgate and partake of the BBQ, burgers and bluegrass. It's finally football time.....