7AAA

live2succeed

Yes, there were some unfortunate actions that hurt us (remember Anna Grace tearing her other ACL , maggie not playing the last 2 games /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" )

KeeperFan, you do realize that Siegel played without Anna for part of the beginning of the season anyways because of the first ACL tear she suffered from select. I didn't see them struggle then. Anna didn't really come back until the Houston game and played ten games after that until she get hurt again in the riverdale game. Once again Siegel was without her and was able to make it through disricts, regionals, and sectionals without her.

Either it mattered or it didn't. Pick one. Man ....you're making me defend Riverdale. What a Monday. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I admire, the "best we've ever been" mentality and agree that that attitude is critical to success. That being said, you made a pretty strong statement. Comparable stats don't bear that out. Through six games excluding scrimmages in the season the 06 GAA was .67 current is 1.0. 06 at same point had played 5 teams with winning records, just three for the current. While the 07 team had a GAA of 1.3, they too had played 5 teams with winning records. From a statistical stand point, I will agree you are stronger than the 05 team (GAA 1.3 against 3 with winning record). Just looked at this to validate my perception of seeing Siegel play, Which is, while a very good team that will advance beyond district; is not as "scary" as in years past. That said, it still may come together for them.

As you said, Riverdale will have their own challenges. Fortunately, in their system of play, the defense requires a good keeper, but does not demand a great keeper for them to have a formidable defense. That's a good thing in that great keepers at the high school level are far and few between. From what I have seen, keeping at Siegel won't make or break the season. Both are very good.

When these two teams meet, center mids and wings will define the winner.

Yes , it is sad that I have kept these stats for the past 5 years. But I am not going to this year.

Sorry not sure that the stats makes for a good argument regarding improved defense or not. In early games and scrimmages the points against Siegel were made late in the games when we had more non-starters playing.

My statement about Siegel's defense being the best in three years is mostly from watching them for the last 3 years and in my humble opinion the back line defensive mid and goalie have excellent experience and skills.

I do think your observation about the Riverdale game regarding center mids and wings is a good one. They will control the game and with good passing and shooting will create the scoring opportunities.

I've got to quit thinking about Riverdale now, they will come soon enough. We have a tough game this week with Cleveland.

By the way anyone know where the Cleveland v Siegel game will be played. Will it be at the high school or at Lee Univ. where the sectional was played last year???

Sorry not sure that the stats makes for a good argument regarding improved defense or not. In early games and scrimmages the points against Siegel were made late in the games when we had more non-starters playing.

My statement about Siegel's defense being the best in three years is mostly from watching them for the last 3 years and in my humble opinion the back line defensive mid and goalie have excellent experience and skills.

I do think your observation about the Riverdale game regarding center mids and wings is a good one. They will control the game and with good passing and shooting will create the scoring opportunities.

I've got to quit thinking about Riverdale now, they will come soon enough. We have a tough game this week with Cleveland.

By the way anyone know where the Cleveland v Siegel game will be played. Will it be at the high school or at Lee Univ. where the sectional was played last year???

Good luck against Cleveland. I'm rooting for ya, district first.

That's the reason that I left out the exhibition games. That and you used to be able to play a lot more of them. Since Shelton has been the coach over that time frame the late game goals as he evaluates talent should be fairly consistent year to year. We will know by the end of the season. Again, bring home the W.

CAK 15-0 Loudon

Franklin 10-0 Hillsboro

USJ 11-0 Lexington

FRA 9-0 Ezell

Brentwood 10-0 Clarksville

I could go on and on. It happens. Lopsided scores happen way more often in football than in soccer. Not trying to show the other team up or pad stats, just happens.

Seriously?? No, it doesn't have to happen. A good coach respects his opponents.

Seriously?? No, it doesn't have to happen. A good coach respects his opponents.

It probably happens more often than it should, but sometimes these lopsided scores are inevitable due to huge mismatches. In these one-sided games, you may have a coach who is trying to get some playing time for his bench, who are likely much more skilled than the weaker team's starters. It's pretty tough to rein in players who don't get to play much.

I do agree that it is inexcusable for a team to keep starters on the field in lopsided games, particularly those playing offensive positions. A good, creative coach should be able to make the game somewhat challenging for his players without further humiliating the opposition. There's no benefit for either team when the stronger team just keeps pounding away, proving again & again what everyone already knows.

OK. So after seeing Riverdale last night first hand, my prediction remains the same. Riverdale looks like they have greater overall team speed than even last year. Very solid in all phases of the game. No excuses, but I do wish Blackman had been at full strength. Congrats on the win. Hope Becca is ok.

Riverdale 5

Tullahoma 1

Becca Smith 2, Ashley Watson 2, Sarah Parker 1

Not sure who scored for Tullahoma, but it was a nice shot.

Tullahoma pushed their defense up most of the game, Riverdale called offsides numerous times. Tullahoma keeper had to cover a lot of ground. Once Riverdale figured it out, they had quite a few breakaways that resulted in shots with a few going in. The Tullahoma keeper played great, but she was hung out one on one too many times.