One less private school to play........

ELA

One less private school to play, but I'm sorry to see them leave! Clarksville Academy had a great year a few years back but has had tough times with football in the recent past. I hated to hear that they were dropping football as a sport! I know it may sound hypocritical for me to say something like this, but I hate to see any school (public or private) stop playing this game we all love! Football is too important for the development of young boys to drop it from a school! At least that is my first thoughts on the subject!

What is interesting to me is that with the budget "crisis" it was public schools that faced the possibility of having do drop things. This is a case of a private school dropping something that I would think was somewhat profitible.

It's one of those "who'd uh thunk?" things.

Posted by just1np:

What is interesting to me is that with the budget "crisis" it was public schools that faced the possibility of having do drop things. This is a case of a private school dropping something that I would think was somewhat profitible.

It's one of those "who'd uh thunk?" things.

They really had no choice, though. Only 10 players out for football.

Posted by just1np:

Ahh. I hadn't heard why. So does that mean they will leave the door open to bring it back, or not?

I would think so but this statement kinds makes youwonder what is really going on:

"The low numbers associated with our football program are a result of our efforts to restore academic, behavioral and financial standards within our school," Hill said in a statement. "Other sports are stable and have not felt the impact of these reforms to the extent of football."

I was off by one, by the way. They had 11 players out.

Chakra20... I used the first line to bring you in! It was meant to be very sarcastic and a bit ironic! I have never been against private schools! I have never been opposed to playing private and public schools together, I just wish they were in their own region or some multiplier was used to balance out the 1A and 2A classes.

Clarksville Academy will resume JV football in year 2003 then start varsity back up in 2004..If the interest comes sooner then they'll have it next year but right now plans are to bring it back in 2004..The middle school team will continue to play.

This problem comes as a result of the lack of numbers that the upper school has. Their Pre-K through 6 has more numbers than the whole upper school..Clarksville Academy right now is struggling to get kids to attend, not like it was in 1996 where the attendence was more than they wanted and they had a waiting list..

By the way, you probably dont hear about the Drilling Clarksville Academy took from Trousdale because theres nothing to discuss..Trousdale was obviously the better team that year in Single A, no one argues that..Clarksville Academy was a surprise team yet they were good enough to be in that game..I dont think no one else was gonna fair better than them vs Trousdale other than University school of Jackson and Clarksville Academy beat them on a last second field goal from like 40 yards out or something, I remember going to that game at Governors stadium in Clarksville..Real good game

The way it looks as of now Clarksville Academy is on track to close down in the next few years,,Rumor has it that the local catholic school would like to buy it and take it over because as of now they have more students than CA..But thats just like I said a RUMOR and it's prolly not true.

I watched this program about once a year for the last several and it was sad to see it go down. Four years ago they had a young kid playing tailback that was almost a one man team. He was a hoss. I expected to see the team o grow around his ability but he left the next year and the slide continued.

Posted by TnBball:

Clarksville Academy will resume JV football in year 2003 then start varsity back up in 2004..If the interest comes sooner then they'll have it next year but right now plans are to bring it back in 2004..The middle school team will continue to play.

They will have to wait until 2005 to be placed back into the region because of our two year contracts! :o