Brentwood@ Smyrna

Bulldog86

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Bruin team is not totally unlike the 2002 team. Solid D, adequate O, good disipline, well coached, not many spectacular athletes. Keep an eye on them!

Well it's 26 hours to kick off. I'll say this. Don't be shocked to see #5 playing a little QB for the bulldogs. They used him some in last weeks game, late and if Smyrna struggles early. He will be in there, in a shotgun like Ark. used McFadden a few year back. Could be Interesting. I have no confirmation here, just a hunch.

no...they have no coaching...coaches have never coached football before... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

offcourse they have coaching...and good coaching...at least give them a year together before you start asking the coaching question...

Hey Blackman man do not take it personally. I have seen stuff at practice that makes me think we are UN coached, and UN Disciplined. I feel the coaches are not doing a good job. I have that right.

Hey Blackman man do not take it personally. I have seen stuff at practice that makes me think we are UN coached, and UN Disciplined. I feel the coaches are not doing a good job. I have that right.

I too have seen some things that should not be going on. The kids are very very relaxed. This is no joke, there were players on the sideline on cell phones and with I-PODs. Some were hurt and in street close but I saw 1 player in pads, talking on a cell phone. Why is there cell phones and ipods on the sideline. Kids on the sideline playing around with the watergirls. Players walking off the field, walking on the field, walking to the line of scrimmage, slow to get into alignments defensively. Yes, these are small things and are fixable but it goes a long way as to the control you have of your team. My feeling though, is that the garbage I mentioned above should have been tighten up day 1.

This is why, earlier I asked for and opinion from a Blaze fan for a take on Coach Williams. You showed your approval and I look forward to seeing how his team shows up to play tonight. I have a hard time thinking he will except this stuff and I feel it will or has been addressed. We will see.

Listen, I will be there tonight and I will be supporting those kids and the coaches but if i see that "un-discipline" crap I saw last week, I will be very disappointed.

Congratulations to the BRU Crew for a workmanlike dismantling of the Smyrna Bulldogs. For some of you,this was some real payback for the last few years. Others remember when BHS was always beating Smyrna.

Either way, you've taken down the two-time defending 5A champs. Yes, I know things can change dramatically from year to year in high school ball, but the facts remain that Smyrna wears the crown until the end of the year.

Defense- wow. You guys are real studs,and the O-line and ground game keep getting stronger and stronger. Coffey is growing up and becoming the player he can be.

Great game plan- great victory- but,shades of Bill Whittemore could we work on the daggum passing game a little?

Keep working hard and improving- big big games coming down the road soon!

Well, they beat the DEFENDING 5A state Champions and that is a fact any way that you look at it. Just like when we beat Riverdale last week, we beat the DEFENDING region champs. Let them have their glory. You guys sure would have said and HAVE said the same.

Don't have such sour grapes. Get on here and congratulate the team that came out on top last night. They took their lumps last year and the year before, and deserve to be PROUD!

no...they have no coaching...coaches have never coached football before... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

offcourse they have coaching...and good coaching...at least give them a year together before you start asking the coaching question...

i just have to ask the question great coaching? i wanted to take a few days to think about this let me say nothing was corrected since the last game, smyrna got dominated at the line of scrimmage AGAIN #13 still tipping off where he is throwing the ball AGAIN, when bryson runs the ball smyrnas offensive line stands their and watches him run and do not block AGAIN, and their should have been more personal fouls called against smyrna they got away with several cheap shots, the whole team seems to be lost like they dont no where they are suppose to be, something else that bugged me their was a penalty against the brentwood offense in the second half nobody on smyrna could make a call 4th and short or 3rd and long so the jeoperdy song starts playin "oh yeah and smyrna was the home team" their does not seem to be any kind of leadership from anybody on the team which all goes back to coaching, now how about this question will smyrna win a game this year? this is the sloppiest smyrna football team that i have ever watched its just disappointing to watch from 2 time defending state champs to this, yes smyrna lost alot of talent this past year along with coaches but their ought to be enough talent on this team to win ball games, well i have gotten enough off of my chest, well for the first time since 92 i will miss a smyrna game to go watch two 1a schools play "ive heard that they have got some good coaches"