Scrimmage results???

STARSNBARS

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notre Dame 1st team beat Sequatchie County 1-0 Only Score was a reception by A. Bowman who had I think only 2 the whole Scrimmage. Sequatchie's defense dominated for the most part with I think from memory 5 Sacks and a number of hurries & knockdowns. The Indians also picked of the Irish 3 times (2)Jordan Cain,(1) Chad Lockhart.

The Sequatchie 2nd team won over the Irish 2nd team 2-1 with some good runs out of Freshman RB Chase Whited and another one by classmate Brandon Lewis.

NEXT UP: Sequatchie Co. hosts the Coffee Co. Red Raiders Next Friday Aug. 9 at (5pm CST)

[Edited by Sequatchie on 8/2/02 11:19P]

Guest KNOKNO

Saw this one.. SD was very unimpressive for all their hype. They do have a greta running back and full back but nothing else. If you stack teh box on them they are done and their defense is bad. Oak Ridge look ed better than last year, BIG d - line but a very small O-line - for them.. OR scored 4 TD's to South Doyle's 1 against the 2nd team.

Celina 23, Upperman (Baxter) 21

Coach Wright has done a great job starting the rebuilding process at Baxter. The team is much improved from this time last year, and as always, the Baxter faithful are supporting their team. The Bees should be thankful to have such a good coach! I wish them well throughout this season.

[Edited by ELA on 8/3/02 9:40A]

2A Sweetwater looked good with a 34-23 showing over 5A McMinn Co. The teams ran 4 or 5 plays every series where they just spoted the ball and didn't go for first downs, then they would bring out the chains after those plays and play it like a normal game. Sweetwaters defense, and especially the offfense looked pretty good for a 1st scrimmage. Sweetwater started off strong and finished strong scoring the first 2 tds and then the last 3tds of the scrimmage. Sweetwater appeared to wear down the 5A Cherokees. Keep working hard guys! Go Cats !!!!!!!!!!-!!!!!

How many series did each team get for the starting offenses,was it 10 plays and out or by downs until you were stopped or scored, etc. How did Sequatchie's offense look? I'm a little disappointed the varsity didn't score but at least it sounds as if the defense played well.

I think it was 10 plays they didn't really go in a game situation No Officals & the Scrimmage was not on the Football field it was on the baseball/soccer field in front of the school that apparentally has been turned into the practice field.

The Varsity Offense just could not get it together their was a few bright spots Tater Higdon & Chad Lockhart running the ball and Cain did have some pretty good passes that were dropped two I think would have been scores. I hope they look better next week but with that big a school they will probably show better on the 16th at Moore Co.

The Varsity Defense looked Extremly good the front four was in the backfield the whole Scrimmage even a few blitzes by the LB's, Derek Crawley & Tater Higdon had a couple of nice hits. But the best had to be the play of the DB's, Jesse Price really shut down Bowman till the last couple of series. Jordan Cain had (2) picks taking the place of John Mackersie this week? And Chad Lockhart also had (1) pick and another that he dropped that he could have returned a few yards. Justin Price didn't factor much because they were playing Man-To-Man.