Alcoa at White House

timbdp

In some ways this years team is better. Maryville is better on the offensive line,Running back and linebacker. Defensive line is probably even. Where last years team was way superior is in the passing game and secondary.

What I like about this years team is they will improve a lot as the season progresses.

Alcoa wins 35-14.

Guys I got to go with WHite House in this one. They have a pretty good football team this year.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go check Alcoa's schedule over the last 4 years. They have traveled to KY to play their best and traveled to Mcallie and beat the D-II runner ups and the team that beat Riverdale that year. When you can stay home and play the 4A, 3A State Champs why travel. BTW-Most of the 5A programs will not play them because of 2004!

Why doesn't WHHS step up and play Libscomb, Goodpasture, MBA, Brentwood Ac, Riverdale?

Alcoa has played the best in all divisions and won 95% of those games.

2006-

Fri Sep. 8 Fulton L 21-24 State 3A finalist beat Pearl Lost to DL

Fri Sep. 22 McCallie W 24-21 (who beat Riverdale, MBA amd Brentwood AC that year) only regular season lost was to Alcoa

Fri Aug. 19 at Hopkinsville, KY Trigg County, KY W 37-6 (2004 went 13-1) KY State Finalist

Fri Sep. 9 at Fulton W 46-8 (2003/2004 State Champs)

Fri Sep. 23 at McCallie W 45-35

Fri Aug. 20 South Doyle W 49-12 (5A)

Fri Sep. 10 at William Blount W 20-7 (5A)

Fri Sep. 24 Heritage W 40-6 (5A)

Fri Oct. 22 at Knoxville Webb W 35-7 (2005 State Finalist D-II AA)

Fri Nov. 26 at David Lipscomb W 35-14

So dandy82 know your facts before you spill out your lack of knowledge! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

They travel to Middle TN at least 2X per year. How much travel do you think a 2A school can afford.

Our fans are not on here boasting how we can beat every team in the state, regardless of classification. Just gets a little old.....Some of 'em can't be satisfied winning in their own classification but must predict outcomes of games that will not be played.....

MBA has stepped out and played the so called elite in the nation...It takes money to do those things and is not practical for most teams...I congratulated Alcoa for playing out of their classification earlier, so don't go all postal.

I don't think you will have to worry about that. Last season White House was suppose to have a good team and Alcoa beat them very bad and look for that to happen again. I am a Goodpasture Fan and I have watched these guys for the last 3 years. The just reload and nobody with the exception of a few teams in the state can stay up with them.

Good Luck White House. My prediction is:

Alcoa 49

White House 14

Goodpasture has had the talent to compete with Alcoa much better than what they have done. If Martin would get out of the Stone Ages and play todays style and find him a dynamic QB, he could play with Alcoa. Do you not agree? The Wing T by itself will not win a State Title very often anymore.

Both teams will have a very successful year. As far as this Friday goes, I'm not sure it will be a blow out but it won't be close either. I'll take the tornadoes by 17. White House has a good offensive but they will be hurt this week by their lack of speed. Alcoa is overloaded with speed. It is this one area that I believe seperates the two teams by so much and it will show up again Friday night. Good luck to both teams.

MBA has stepped out and played the so called elite in the nation...It takes money to do those things and is not practical for most teams...I congratulated Alcoa for playing out of their classification earlier, so don't go all postal.

Just remember most are kids just proud of their school and talking hype. They to young to understand about the high and lows of the best programs.

Yep' takes money to travel to some of the games MBA is stepping up to.

werazzlin- I bet you a soda that's not from the coaches room on this one. BTW-Your Bucs looked good thur night.

Being a Middle TN boy I hope WHHS steps up and beats Alcoa. However, watching them since 2000 and now with Coach R they are a team that has a lot of talent. They are not a machine like Maryville but a fun team to watch. I should be in Houston, TX Friday but pushing my plans to Saturday to watch this game.

Our fans are not on here boasting how we can beat every team in the state, regardless of classification. Just gets a little old.....Some of 'em can't be satisfied winning in their own classification but must predict outcomes of games that will not be played.....

Really????? Your fans have never started a thread titled "We will destroy everyone for the next 3 years" huh????? Maybe that was from another "WHHS" in the state of Tennessee /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Alcoa doesn't dodge anyone. Goodpasture, Maryville, McCallie, Tyner, Smith Co., White House, DCA, Fulton, CAK, etc. Those sure are some real "cream puffs" let me tell you /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Goodpasture has had the talent to compete with Alcoa much better than what they have done. If Martin would get out of the Stone Ages and play todays style and find him a dynamic QB, he could play with Alcoa. Do you not agree? The Wing T by itself will not win a State Title very often anymore.

Goodpasture has truly played outside their comfort zone by taking on some good 5A programs.

Really????? Your fans have never started a thread titled "We will destroy everyone for the next 3 years" huh????? Maybe that was from another "WHHS" in the state of Tennessee /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Alcoa doesn't dodge anyone. Goodpasture, Maryville, McCallie, Tyner, Smith Co., White House, DCA, Fulton, CAK, etc. Those sure are some real "cream puffs" let me tell you /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I did not expect you to understand my post. I did expect you to read more into it than there was....Thanks for keeping my faith in humanity intact.

Go check Alcoa's schedule over the last 4 years. They have traveled to KY to play their best and traveled to Mcallie and beat the D-II runner ups and the team that beat Riverdale that year. When you can stay home and play the 4A, 3A State Champs why travel. BTW-Most of the 5A programs will not play them because of 2004!

Why doesn't WHHS step up and play Libscomb, Goodpasture, MBA, Brentwood Ac, Riverdale?

Alcoa has played the best in all divisions and won 95% of those games.

2006-

Fri Sep. 8 Fulton L 21-24 State 3A finalist beat Pearl Lost to DL

Fri Sep. 22 McCallie W 24-21 (who beat Riverdale, MBA amd Brentwood AC that year) only regular season lost was to Alcoa

Fri Aug. 19 at Hopkinsville, KY Trigg County, KY W 37-6 (2004 went 13-1) KY State Finalist

Fri Sep. 9 at Fulton W 46-8 (2003/2004 State Champs)

Fri Sep. 23 at McCallie W 45-35

Fri Aug. 20 South Doyle W 49-12 (5A)

Fri Sep. 10 at William Blount W 20-7 (5A)

Fri Sep. 24 Heritage W 40-6 (5A)

Fri Oct. 22 at Knoxville Webb W 35-7 (2005 State Finalist D-II AA)

Fri Nov. 26 at David Lipscomb W 35-14

So dandy82 know your facts before you spill out your lack of knowledge! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

They travel to Middle TN at least 2X per year. How much travel do you think a 2A school can afford.

You really want to go there Rigger. Its called open zone.If we took all of the all-star palyers off every team in Sumner Co. I not only think we could compete but dominate. You guys always seem to leave out the facts about your open zone when getting on here and opening your blow holes.Yes, Alcoa is a great team with a great coach.But who couldnt win and dominate with an entire county to pick from.Get real................