Alcoa at White House

timbdp

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I just make one little correction.........it's the Hall Community, not Halls, the community was named after Charles M. Hall..................Charles Martin Hall (December 6, 1863??“December 27, 1914) was an American inventor and engineer. He is best known for his invention in 1886 of an inexpensive method for producing aluminum, Hall Community in the city of ALCOA!

Go Tornadoes!!!!!!

Say you want to be a Tornado????

My mistakes , thanks for the educational insight /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You Go Girl!!!

There is a great resource for learning about our fair city's history.

City of Alcoa

And NO Rankin Rd. was not named for Gary, Cochran Rd. was not named for Bill, Dalton St. was not named for James....

There is a Meadow(s) view, but no Fugate street....odd.

P.S: All the streets within the city limits of Alcoa are named after Researchers/Scientist/inventors

Hunt, Telford,Meadows,Cochran,Datlon,etc etc

Alcoa rolls! I expect them to absolutely control the trenches especially on the offensive side after a sub-par game against maryville.

I wouldn't call the Maryville game sub par, a difficult loss, but not sub par. Losing to 4A powerhouse with a 62 winning streak by 7 is not sub par, but it looks bad for all the other opponents Alcoa plays. White House will be devastated come Friday night.

I wouldn't call the Maryville game sub par, a difficult loss, but not sub par. Losing to 4A powerhouse with a 62 winning streak by 7 is not sub par, but it looks bad for all the other opponents Alcoa plays. White House will be devastated come Friday night.

I'm sorry I should have clarified a little bit better. I thought the Alcoa line could have played a little better. If they could have held their blocks a split second longer a couple times, then I think Chase could have broken some big runs. Plus it never seemed he got settled in if he would have gotten a little more comfortable he could have had a big night in the air too. But hey the Maryville D-line is incredible with Smith and McCoy! But you know its a good thing when your line doesn't play near its capability IMO and still loses to one of the nations best by 7.

Coming to a Football Field Near You!!

The WH folks know where I am going with this..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Coming to a Football Field Near You!!

The WH folks know where I am going with this..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

no horse in this but this is .. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

no horse in this but this is .. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

"Dude"

Just shakes head and keeps walking....

Now you've told me something I wasn't aware of, I've never heard of Plainfield, and I grew up in the Hall Community, been here for 40 something odd years /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You wasn't joshing me were you?

Vettasue, If you head east out of Oldfield up over the railroad tracks and across the wood yard, you are in Plainfield Addition. Most of it is in Maryville, but about two houses on each street near Lincoln Road are in AL-COA. The main streets are Jefferson, Irwin (back to the street names and not named for a former QB), Monroe (not named for former MHS assistant Benny) and Madison. A buddy of mine used to refer to it as the President Streets. I didn't have the heart to tell him we haven't had a president Irwin.

You really want to go there Rigger. Its called open zone.If we took all of the all-star palyers off every team in Sumner Co. I not only think we could compete but dominate. You guys always seem to leave out the facts about your open zone when getting on here and opening your blow holes.Yes, Alcoa is a great team with a great coach.But who couldnt win and dominate with an entire county to pick from.Get real................

whsports-I worked the Alcoa/Maryville/Blount Co area for 8 years. Alcoa has open zone but so does Maryville, Dobyns Bennett, Oak Ridge and others.

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" IMHO-if you got bucks you go to Maryville if not and you live in the blue collar area of town (Alcoa) you go to the little cousin of Blount Co.

Last year the 5A program in William Blount (9-3) was making some noise so there are plenty of county kids going to the 5A program? That program lost to Maryville by 1 and Farragut by 1.

How can you say they get the cream of the crop.... You have heard of MARYVILLE. That??™s the cream! Alcoa is just Whole Milk!

I played my HS ball in Middle TN. I have lived in east TN since getting out of the service. Since I have moved back Middle TN the football talent and coaching in Sumner is way down.

An all star 3rd string Blount co team could beat anything that Sumner Co threw at them. Who would you have coach against the Maryville or Alcoa coach? YOU NEED TO GO AN WATCH AN Alcoa/Maryville game or a DB/Oakridge game and see what Friday Night lights is like in East TN.

I will be there Friday night and hope to see the atmosphere I saw at some of the great fields in East TN, So far in the last 2 years since moving back I have not seen it.