Coalfield @ Oneida

Good luck to both teams Friday night I really didn't think I was gonna make this trip BUT I haven't missed a Coalfield game in about 8 years so i'll be there.

CYJacket fair weather fan? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a perfect world BOTH of these teams would be undefeated and we'd all be on page 17 or 18 by today. Heck, everyone of us knows this is the way it is in rural single A football. Some years you have it and some years you do well to break even. One thing in this rivalry that has remained constant is the intensity of the participants. Underdog or favorite, your gonna see some top of the line hitting. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Which makes for some excellent entertainment on Friday Night! I'm kinda wavering on my prediction because even in some of the worst years, these two have managed to make a game of it. We'll see how I feel later in the week.

Hey Pujo, what do you think of our personnel? I'm kinda interested to hear your take on my boys.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kazzitoro /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Kaz , the best way to describe Oneida is, solid. Big and strong and quick to the ball.Slaven throws the ball well,and he runs with power, good backs with different styles,they compliment each other, its easy to see thay are well coached, It will take a good team to beat you guys, I'm not sure if you guys have anyone on the schedule that can fully test you. The only one's that nmight give you a run for you're money is maybe Harriman and Cumberland Gap.Ireally don't think either will beat you. The playoffs and round 4 is a whole different animal. I wish you all the luck. You've got a good team.

man it is only the 3rd game, and we have already added to the trophy case, man has rock got fuel for his boys, I only hope our's. does not believe all th hype, yes they have done well, but let us wait until we get a few more games under our belt before we start going 10 -0. 2-0 is a long way from 10 -0

I have talked to a few of the Indians , they are expecting a hard game .They know Rock will pull out everything he has against them , As he should. Rock is a good coach everyone knows that. Coalfield and Oneida has been rivals for many years . This will be a dog fight for a while , but if Oneida plays to their potential , they have the weapons to make up for the beating we took in 2005.

for all the tribe and fans . I know some of us get carried away ,posting . I know it is just a game and some times it appears we put to much in wining . posting our opinions and predictions is just that something to do to past time. I do enjoy coach t and hearing others opinions.

The real part of the game that matters is watching these young guys grow into men. knowing they have some of the best roll models anywhere. what Oneida puts on the feild is a reflection of us . I beleive we need to thank all the teachers , coaches , fans, and the community , Our country for the freedom to play such a great game . Most of all that there is a higher power that makes it all possible. I am glad prayer has not been taken out of our sports programs .

I too have spoke to some of the indians and they feel that they have had a "good" week at practice. With that being said, I hope we have all the bugs worked out and come out ready to play.There is still one thing I hope that we overcome this week that we haven't thus far, and I feel if we don't, it will make for a long season.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> TAKE BACK THE NIGHT!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I've just reached the loony bin. I need to let Lambo smack me around. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Fun time in the town Friday Night. Strap'em on tight dudes!

Kazanity

There is an old saying, you are never as good as you look when you are winning and never as bad when losing, alot truth to it. I'm sure the Oneida Coaches have seen alot of little mistakes in the past 2 weeks. The best thing for kids is not too pay any attention to the next oppenent, yjere is nothing you can do about how weak or strong the oppenent is. You just prepare as individuals and as a team to be the best you can be on every single play. I know everyone in Oneida wants a shot at the state, that may or may not happen, if they are to get to that point, they will have to get a little better every week To me ,its about being the best ,you can be,,.You have no control how good someone else is. I've heard alot of good things about the chactactos of several players on this team, those kids just need to be leaders on and off the field, lead by example and set the standard to wear a Oneida uniform. I remember a story about on of the greatest baseball players who ever played, He said he gave it all he had 100 percent of the time ,he said the reason he did that was because he knew that out there somewhere, there was a kid watching,he didn't want to be a bad example and let the kid down. This is not just about football ,its about life.Its very few who get the oppertunity to be a champion in football, everyone has that shot in life.

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Hmmmmm.........Pete Rose? An excellent post, Pujo. Anyways your advice is spot-on! We are gonna make sure the kids keep the "blinders" on! Charley Hustle may never have been the greatest gambler (nor the smartest), but you couldn't question his devotion to his sport.

Kaz

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Hmmmmm.........Pete Rose? An excellent post, Pujo. Anyways your advice is spot-on! We are gonna make sure the kids keep the "blinders" on! Charley Hustle may never have been the greatest gambler (nor the smartest), but you couldn't question his devotion to his sport.

Kaz

17- 7 Oneida