Poor Powell

Shelia

Last year CAK in the jamboree and this year a loss to Campbell Co . Embarassing!

Neither of these teams should be able to play with us.

Something needs to be done to get this team going. It looks like we have good athletes and i know how hard they work. What needs to happen?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year CAK in the jamboree and this year a loss to Campbell Co . Embarassing!

Neither of these teams should be able to play with us.

Something needs to be done to get this team going. It looks like we have good athletes and i know how hard they work. What needs to happen?

Sheila, I understand your dispair. Wish I could offer some valuable solution, but I can't. You will probably feel better after beating Lenoir City next week, a win is a quick cure for hurt feelings. You do have some good athletes and hopefully some good things will happen for them soon. I honestly hope so. However; I want to take you to task just a bit about the CAK comment. If you get caught up in a 2a vs 4a thought process you will lose site of basic football fundamentals. Regardless of size of school, a team can only play 11 players at a time. While CAK only has 400 students and certainly does not have the athletes Powell has, they do have some good "football players" that are extremely well coached and play "team" football. That makes CAK a very worthy opponent, even for larger schools such as Powell. Last night CAK destroyed Cherokee(4a...Rogersville) 45-21 (really a 45-7 contest) and Cherokee was at least 50lbs a man heavier. That stuff really doesn't matter as much in high school football as having kids who believe, are dedicated, put in the right positions and are supremely coached. All those things allow CAK to compete. I understand your comment and don't believe you meant disrepect to CAK, I'm just trying to help change the perception around Knoxville of the sports programs of small schools, particularly christian schools, like CAK. While you might take it as a slap that CAK outscored Powell in 2 jamborees, I would suggest that CAK, and others like them, actually are challenges for teams like Powell that will help you get better. Best of luck to the Panthers this season.

When the lowly doormat of high school football in East TN hands it to you, there are definite problems somewhere. Fire all the players and fix their grades. Oh for the days of Clark Duncan.

I guess the title of this thread says it all! But it's "Poor Powell" for fans like you

all that say losing to a bunch of kids that played their hearts out is embarrassing!

Our kids aren't doormats! Embarrassing? Just wait and see how many teams will be

embarrassed by the end of the season./roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Go Cougars!

Yes, because Duncan has made South-Doyle a force to be reckoned with.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />