Central vs. Halls

4merhhsplayer

i think the past 11 years dont really play a factor in the mindset once the game gets started. but the fear of 0-3 will. and after watching halls fight back in the second half last week makes me believe in this team even more.

i still will go with halls but forget my earlier prediction, that was outlandish. i am gonna go 17-14 halls

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree on a closer game. I still can't believe we lost to the Bobcats last year. So I'm cautiously optimistic. I really believe this game will be our most important game perhaps for the season. This may mean home field advantage in the playoffs although I still wouldn't overlook Clinton either. This is a huge game as it always is I'm sure we won't overlook the Bobcats in any way this year and with that in mind I have to think Halls at home should be hard to beat.

Halls 24 Central 14

I was just reading the Clinton Maryville thread and a clinton fan was saying this is the weakest 3-4A has been in years. I think he may be right I still don't think Maryville looked that strong. So far Halls, Central, Powell & West haven't won a single game after two weeks. In fact the only two teams besides Maryville that have a victory are perennial cellar dwellers South Doyle and Lenoir City what a mixed up year this is so far.

I was just reading the Clinton Maryville thread and a clinton fan was saying this is the weakest 3-4A has been in years. I think he may be right I still don't think Maryville looked that strong. So far Halls, Central, Powell & West haven't won a single game after two weeks. In fact the only two teams besides Maryville that have a victory are perennial cellar dwellers South Doyle and Lenoir City what a mixed up year this is so far.

The only thing that Maryville had to do in week 0 was to look better that Halls and they did that. Game was close for 3 quarters but they play 4.

They didn't look better IMO, they just scored more points. But thanks for clearing up the whole four quarter thing.

I agree Maryville vs. Halls, MHS did not look like the Champions they have been, but the ship got underway again vs. a normally tough Alcoa team. Maryville showed they still have some things to get fixed in both games. One thing that is not broke is the turnover rate. Every piece of this team is in place and last week MHS found a QB who is pretty good at tucking and running in P. Juhlin, a Junior. I think he may be among the best running QB's MHS has had in a few years. He seems to have a knack of seeing a crease. He played pretty solid vs. Alcoa (5-11-0 Int) but got a very slow start vs. Halls (3-5-2 Int) Maryville has not fumbled away the ball yet this season, a great stat!

This is the last season of 3-4A as the region we have known for several years. I never would have thought halls and Central would be 0-2! I think Halls is greatly improved over last year but without a effective passing game, they won't fair much better IMO. Central is my pick to win this game because passing is the key to opening up the running game at every level of football.

Central by 12!

I never would have thought halls and Central would be 0-2! I think Halls is greatly improved over last year but without a effective passing game, they won't fair much better IMO. Central is my pick to win this game because passing is the key to opening up the running game at every level of football.

I have been saying that for years. The offenses today rely on a least a pulse of a passing game just to change things up. I see were we miss Coach Ward's influence in the offensive scheme more than I thought.

I agree the Halls defense looks very improved over last year. Comparing last years numbers with Maryville & Sevier Co. last year we gave up 59 points to these schools this year only 49 points. The contrast is the on the offensive side of the ball this year we have scored only 24 points against these teams compared to 58 points from last year for a net effect of negative 34 and a negative 24 overall factoring the defenses positive 10. Funny we had three(21 points if you take into account successful PAT's) passing TD's against these schools which nearly covers the difference. So FBEmeritus you have hit the nail on the head. In defense of this team the unbelievable injuries have taken the toll on our receivers/DB's and we haven't been confident to air it out as much. We need to get some of our key players healthy then I think we will turn this around.

I am going to agree with one thing,we do have a lot of injuries at Hall's but we still have quality players on the field.We need to trust some of these guy's and play ball.After we began rotating in fresh players against S.C.,you could see a huge difference due to fresh legs and desire to play.I guess to sum it up,don't cry about what we dont have and use what we do.Hall's finds it's heart this week and wins by 7.

I am going to agree with one thing,we do have a lot of injuries at Hall's but we still have quality players on the field.We need to trust some of these guy's and play ball.After we began rotating in fresh players against S.C.,you could see a huge difference due to fresh legs and desire to play.I guess to sum it up,don't cry about what we dont have and use what we do.Hall's finds it's heart this week and wins by 7.

Good first post. I agree 100% /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I am totally concerned about our team with all of our injuries. Are the kids just not tuff enough anymore or our coaches too soft on them.

With all of the preseason hype I would have thought prolly 1-1 but quite possibly 2-0. Now here we set 0-2 and a chance to go 0-3.

If we don't win tonight, I'm afraid our faithful might change the name of our field to Joel Helton Field since he wins more games here then anyone other than George Quarles.

Seriously, congrats to the little fat man Denzel "Dink" Adams on his name being added to the field.