INDY vs. Centennial

I would say that your post is fairly accurate comcerning the Page game. Any team who cannot contain Scales will have trouble. There is a ton of size, speed, and talent. It seems to be searching for an identity on offense. Lots of defensive mistakes can be fixed by the Cougars. They have to learn to play four quarters. I was really surprised that Centennial did not run it down our throats.

I was a little suprised at that myself, especially with the success of the running game last week at Brentwood. Jackson had some good runs out of the I those first two drives, but after they stalled out it seems they abandoned the power I for a spread option for most of the game. I don't know if Mat just didn't like what he saw or if he was trying to play catch-up. But the Cougars did seem to have alot more success out of the I. Hopefully, they'll try to go back to that this week.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a little suprised at that myself, especially with the success of the running game last week at Brentwood. Jackson had some good runs out of the I those first two drives, but after they stalled out it seems they abandoned the power I for a spread option for most of the game. I don't know if Mat just didn't like what he saw or if he was trying to play catch-up. But the Cougars did seem to have alot more success out of the I. Hopefully, they'll try to go back to that this week.

I think for Centennial to have a chance they will have to be able to run the ball well. I didn't see the Kenwood game, but Indy struggled a little with BA's running game. They lost alot of starters on defense, and almost all of them were in the front seven (with the exception of Thomas Berry). The secondary is still strong with all returning players having starting experience last year, but the front seven have some pretty big shoes to fill.

That being said, I think they will do it. Thomas Berry, #65 (name?), Stephen King, and a few other have already shown themselves to be good players in their own right. I would be surprised if Centennial is able to run the ball consistently against this defense, which will lead to the Indy O having more possessions, something the Cougars would probably like to avoid.

I like Indy to take this one, but no score prediction until later in the week...

well my cougars came out a little flat and possibly a little unermotivated and overconfident that they were just gonna stroll through the game and pick up a W. however i see this weeks game fairing a little different from last week, CHS is gonna get its pep back after a good week of practice and put to 'em!!

my pick is CHS35 INDY14

we just have too much talent

Centennial scoring 35 points in a game? Thats quite the prediction. Not sure if they have ever scored that many in a game in the last few years.

Where is the talent at? U do have a "talented" tight end that has only two catches in two games. He sure is tearing it up. Indy has "talent" too. We take our "talent" to the state championship not on a losing streak for an extended period of time. Im tired of the "talent" card u guys pull every year but don't win anything with it.

On another note, Indy scored 21 on a very good BA defense. Scoring more than 14 points should be no problem on centennial.

Not sure what would give Centennial the idea to be over confident going into a game either.

prediction 28-7 INDY

Not an excuse, just the truth. They didn't come it with any intensity and as a result couldn't get anything going. Page came out with alot of fire early and took advantage. That's pretty much the bottom line.

well sounds like they have a team problem if they cant get fired up before a home game- whom to blame players or the coaching staff then....good teams can find a way too win

it doesnt matter.

INDY just cant match up to the talent that CHS has...you will be eating crow on friday, just wait and see.

talent .. so whom had better talent page or chs ? well i guess the boys at INDY start fearing that you guys dont come out with any intensity and fire then....... Page well undersized line pushed your boys around and rushed for how many yards- make sure you give me some ketchup for my crow to eat, oh i do think the game will be closer then most expect just for the fact that im not all that sold on indy making tackels, but INDY is a team and plays as a team......

For CHS to stay in this game, they HAVE to establish the run. We had a good rushing performance against Indy last year and that's what kept us in the game. That was also the situation vs. Brentwood. Last week it seems like we abandoned the run way to early, and Scales is not the QB can that take over a game through the air. If we can create some big plays on the ground, then we'll stay in it. If not, Indy will dominate.

For CHS to stay in this game, they HAVE to establish the run. We had a good rushing performance against Indy last year and that's what kept us in the game. That was also the situation vs. Brentwood. Last week it seems like we abandoned the run way to early, and Scales is not the QB can that take over a game through the air. If we can create some big plays on the ground, then we'll stay in it. If not, Indy will dominate.

oh i do agree its is important that indy stuff the run and as i mentioned it worries me a little bit as they are prone to be suspect versus the run but saying that, they improved and look for them to improve agaisnt the run again- cent will rip off a few 40 to 60 yard runs but Indy will see be too strong in the end..... Cent cannot pass the ball - and yes anytime a region foe plays against another school ( ie CHS vs. PAge I always cheer for our region team ) Iliken our regionto the SEC

oh i do agree its is important that indy stuff the run and as i mentioned it worries me a little bit as they are prone to be suspect versus the run but saying that, they improved and look for them to improve agaisnt the run again- cent will rip off a few 40 to 60 yard runs but Indy will see be too strong in the end..... Cent cannot pass the ball - and yes anytime a region foe plays against another school ( ie CHS vs. PAge I always cheer for our region team ) Iliken our regionto the SEC

Except I care about 6-5A

I wouldn't say Centennial can't pass the ball. We saw Scales make two beautiful throws that led to CHS scores. And if Indy gets out of position it can happen again. I'm saying Scales isn't the QB who can carry a team with his arm. Which is why its important to keep it close. If Indy gets ahead early and were forced to play catch-up, Scales isn't consistent enough to do that. But the passing game is not to completely ignore.

it doesnt matter.

INDY just cant match up to the talent that CHS has...you will be eating crow on friday, just wait and see.

"Athletic proficiency (talent) is a mighty good servant, and like so many other good servants, a mighty bad master." - Theodore Roosevelt

It's not talent that wins alot of games it's teamwork, doing your job, and playing hard all four quarters.

Look at Revenwood vs. B.A. or Franklin vs. McCallie

Centennial needs to play for each other and not themselves.

Can't say much about Independence. I havent heard much about 'em this year.

Does anyone know why Centennial does not use Drew Kelly? I saw him at UTs camp, he was whipping SEC DBs. 6'7 250 he can catch BBs in the dark. what is going on? He shoud have the ball in his hands 15 times a game. he can fall for 5 yards at a time, and fight for 20. he should never come off of the field. i have worked out with the kid and he is one of the best conditioned guys around, he is a beast. hey CHS coaches, look around, you got somthing special on your team. use him. hitch mean anything to you guys? set him out left, then run right. he attracts 3 to 4 guys where ever he goes.

coaches, wake-up!