INDY vs. Centennial

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I would have never thought that Centennial would have ever been able to bring out a victory like that.

i admit i was way off congrats to CHS a very good win and too say im surprised is an understatement----- what went wrong with INDY - let me guess was it thier inability to stop the run?

how did heckman do-- anyways congrat to CHS2007 and his CHS team.......

indy better strap it up next week ouuuuchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!

Before I give my analysis of tonight's game, I would first like to make the following statement...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Thank you

I will start by saying that this was by far one of the best High School football games I've ever seen. Both teams came out sharp and focused. It wasn't one of those outlast-the-other-team kind of games, this was a back-and-forth, explosive high scoring game. This was football at its finest. And congrats to Indy for making it a great game and hanging in their til the end. I secretly had some doubts about Alex Heckman, but tonight he made a believer out of me. That kid has Tebow written all over him.

For Centennial? What more can I say? The score pretty much sums it up. I said in an earlier post that this was going to be a statement game, and boy was it ever. Really for the Cougars, the central storyline was proving everyone wrong.

"Chaz is a terrific athlete, but he can't be efficient running the offense."

Tonight: 3 TD passes, 1 rushing TD, no interceptions, no fumbles

"The Centennial defense will simply be overpowered"

Two huge goal line stands, Numerous pass breakups, The game-winning safety, a fumble recovery that led to 7 points, and the interception that put the game out of reach. Did just enough to get the W.

"Centennial just makes too many mistakes to keep them in the game"

Only one turnover tonight, I didn't see any dropped passes, the tackling and blocking was solid

"Centennial can't matchup with any of the top teams in the region."

CHS 37, Indy 28

and most importantly...

"CHS just doesn't play as a team."

If tonight wasn't a team performance, I don't know what was. Every player did their part; defense, offense, special teams: tonight was a complete performance. Just seeing the players on the sideline, and the enthusiasm and fire they had tonight, you could just tell they wanted to win this for each other.

Overall, a great performance by both teams, but the COUGARS ended up with the W. I don't know if I've ever been more proud of our team, or more proud to call myself a CHS faithful. This win was for the ENTIRE Centennial community. C-C-CHS Baby!!!!!!!

And as for the "4-team region" talk.....don't look now, there may be a new face on that plateau.

i admit i was way off congrats to CHS a very good win and too say im surprised is an understatement----- what went wrong with INDY - let me guess was it thier inability to stop the run?

First off thanks for the kind words goldendome. You're correct- the inability to stop the run played a huge part. There were a couple of big runs (the two rushing TD's were at least from 30 yards out), but really CHS just kept marching down the field with solid 5-6 yard runs from Raymond and some good draws and bootlegs by Scales.

Heckman looked very solid. He had two big play action draws for scores and really seemed to settle in towards the end, he had alot of his yardage come on those set-screen plays. But really he hurt us more with his legs, an elusive QB who can throw is hard to stop.

yep! indy is in for a really tough time next week with Franklin! The Rebels have proven themselves three weeks in a row and they are not stopping now!

Congrats to Coach Mat and the entire CHS team! I was hoping you guys would put indy under.

Quoting CHS20007:

"Wo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o!

Stats from tonight's game:

CENTENNIAL 37 INDEPENDENCE 28

CHS 7-7-14-9 37

IHS 7-7-7-7 28

SCORING:

1st Qtr

IHS-Heckman 49 yrd run (Stannard kick)

CHS-Scales 11 yrd pass to Kelly (Bass Kick)

2nd Qtr

IHS-Heckman 40 yard run (Stannard Kick)

CHS-Scales 15 yrd pass to Kelly (Bass Kick)

3rd Qtr

CHS-Scales 67 yrd run (Bass Kick)

CHS-Scakes 22 yrd pass to Kelly (Bass Kick)

IHS-Heckman 25 yrd pass to Boatman (Stannard Kick)

4th Qtr

IHS-Heckman 12 yrd pass to Bailey (Stannard Kick)

CHS-Bailey tacked by Carpenter for Safety

CHS-Jackson 33 yrd run (Bass Kick)

PASSING

CHS: Scales 7-12-100 3TD

IHS: Heckman 10-18-152 2TD 1INT

RUSHING

CHS: Scales 13-125 TD, Jackson 18-100 TD, Kemp 5-6, Grills 2-3 (38-234 2TD)

IHS: Heckman 21-197 2TD, Bailey 7-20, Norman 2-5 (30-222 2TD)

RECEIVING

CHS: Kelly 4-52 3TD, Estrada 1-23, Steele 1-13, Harris 1-12 (7-100 3TD)

IHS: Bailey 4-64 TD, Stannard 3-48, Boatman 2-33 TD, Williams 1-7 (10-152 2TD)

Centennial (1-2, 1-0): next vs. Siegel (3-0, 2-0)

Independence (1-2, 0-1): next vs. Franklin (3-0, 1-0)

Centennial scoring 35 points in a game? Thats quite the prediction. Not sure if they have ever scored that many in a game in the last few years.

Where is the talent at? U do have a "talented" tight end that has only two catches in two games. He sure is tearing it up. Indy has "talent" too. We take our "talent" to the state championship not on a losing streak for an extended period of time. Im tired of the "talent" card u guys pull every year but don't win anything with it.

On another note, Indy scored 21 on a very good BA defense. Scoring more than 14 points should be no problem on centennial.

Not sure what would give Centennial the idea to be over confident going into a game either.

prediction 28-7 INDY

35? Try 37. And I think that talented tight end just caught another TD pass......