Hendersonville@McGavock

hvillefootball

Back to Back rivalry games.......oh my. A 5A team shouldn't be whining about rivalry games with a 3A and 4A team. McG beat a 2A team. All of that means nothing in this one. What is it that hvfootball has said all summer long????? The Metro teams don't have heart. They have the better talent but no heart. Hville's coaching can beat speed. It's put up or shut up time hvillfootball.

I'm not going to get into a stupid little fight on CoachT with you bigreid. I don't like to come in and ruin whole threads with individual personal fights, so talk junk all you want brother. We can always talk crap after the game if you still show up that is.

But for now, does anyone have any insight on the actual game? Matchups? Players to watch? Gameplans?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just messing with you hville. We had a good debate over the summer. I can take a little ribbing. This is an interesting matchup. Hville has been Jeckle and Hyde in its first two games. McGavock soundly beat a 2A Power that beat a team that beat a team. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> The questions that remain to be answered are as follows:

1. Which Hendersonville team will show up?

2. Is McGavock really that for real?

3. How much will weather affect this weekends games?

Best of Luck to both squads.....I don't have a dog in this fight.

I'm just messing with you hville. We had a good debate over the summer. I can take a little ribbing. This is an interesting matchup. Hville has been Jeckle and Hyde in its first two games. McGavock soundly beat a 2A Power that beat a team that beat a team. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> The questions that remain to be answered are as follows:

If it is raining this weekend, that could really hurt Hville and their new spread offense. But I mean, they do still have the Wing-T plays if they want to ever run the ball. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> I don't really know McGavock's offensive philosophy this year, if I'm not mistaken they normally run the ball a good chunk more than they pass. Don't they return their QB?

If it is raining this weekend, that could really hurt Hville and their new spread offense. But I mean, they do still have the Wing-T plays if they want to ever run the ball. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> I don't really know McGavock's offensive philosophy this year, if I'm not mistaken they normally run the ball a good chunk more than they pass. Don't they return their QB?

I think they still run that shot-gun wing-t hybrid offense. The Qb Zac Franklin. I believe, is the guy who makes things go. If I rememeber correctly he was the fast wideout who took over the Qb job last year when the starter went down. I had heard early in the year that they had some good looking linemen.

Interested who will step up in this game. Winner puts gets a little edge.

Vs. Goodpasture , Mcgavock has a almost shotgun wishbone going where it was 2 backs standing next to the QB and a deeb back behind them.

The quarterback will most likely be Charlie Alexander and Zac Franklin will be lined out wide and utilized for sweeps and passes with his speed.

And to answer your question is Mcgavock for real this year? I think they are. Now i will say they beat a smaller team in Goodpasture and got the ball inside the Goodpasture 30 three(or more) times due to tournovers. But they definatly are much better than they have been in years past.

Hendersonville will have to show up and be great tacklers if they want to win.

Answers to questions 1-3 1) The slow one, 2) yes ,3) none Mcg wins 35-7

Answers to questions 1-3 1) The slow one, 2) yes ,3) none Mcg wins 35-7

There are couple of things that bother me most this year about H'ville

1. Got whipped up front big time last Week versus Beech on both sides of the ball.

2. Has not ran the ball real well so far in either game. Even in the Station Camp game big kickoff return, punt return for TD, lots of passing yards. H'ville cannot win if they can't run it some. The speed thing has been an issue for 20 years, even more playing the Nashville teams. 9 of 10 games the other team will have better athletes. Not having your 2 best running backs who were on the team a month ago is devastating. A potential 1000 yard rusher in Roper plus his play at linebacker is sorely missed. If they don't play H'ville football which means the O line has to win up front the game will not be close. Yazzie will make some plays but they must keep the ball away from McGavock to win.

There are couple of things that bother me most this year about H'ville

1. Got whipped up front big time last Week versus Beech on both sides of the ball.

2. Has not ran the ball real well so far in either game. Even in the Station Camp game big kickoff return, punt return for TD, lots of passing yards. H'ville cannot win if they can't run it some. The speed thing has been an issue for 20 years, even more playing the Nashville teams. 9 of 10 games the other team will have better athletes. Not having your 2 best running backs who were on the team a month ago is devastating. A potential 1000 yard rusher in Roper plus his play at linebacker is sorely missed. If they don't play H'ville football which means the O line has to win up front the game will not be close. Yazzie will make some plays but they must keep the ball away from McGavock to win.

that is well said Hendersonville needs to find a running game. Come on Commandoes!!