Franklin at Ravenwood

dwg03

"You mean defensive genius Coach Donnie Webb? That man works wonders" (direct quote from jrpfhs21) Seriously Get off Coach Webb's Jock, If Donnie Webb is such a "wizard" then somebody really needs to show me his rings. Because last time I checked Coach Rector has your hallowed coach beat in that category (and last time I checked...that was how the rest of the world judged greatness). Im telling you right now plain and simple Coach Rector is gonna have his boys ready, and they will be bringing it every play all night long.

It sure seems to me that every single game prediction has the Raptors at least putting up 3 touchdowns (that is 21 points for you Franklin Fans), and if that is the case it appears that no one else in the represented demographic here has any faith in FHS's Defense being able to stop Ravenwood High School when Friday night rolls around.

I'm sure it's easy to sit in front of your computer and talk crap about other teams. Here's an idea, let the coaches coach and the players play and watch how the game plays out on Friday night. So do us all a favor, spare us from your half-baked opinions, sit back, put some ice on your head (it's a bit swollen), and watch the game.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Combos (and any other "hidden FHS representers") Listen, you have got 3-4 days until (depends on how you factor them) game-day, just keep your head down, stay outta trouble, and keep you nose to the grind every moment of everyday. It is hard work that got you all going in this direction and it is hard work that will keep you on the "winning path", If everyone wants to lable us as the "underachieving underdog" let it be, and just use that lable as added motivation to lift one more rep, watch film one more time, run one more sprint, and to perfect one more block. Because Remember (and this is goes out to every Franktown Rebel who will be wearing maroon come friday night) it does not matter who is talking Monday-Friday...it only matters who is talking Saturday morning. Work Hard, be disciplined (like we all know you can)

THEY SAY WE WALK AROUND LIKE WE GOT AN "F" ON OUR CHEST

Now thats what I wanna see a lil' bit of Franktown Rebel support. Im with Bigdoggdaddy (or however you wanna spell it). #48 (Nick Gordon) is one of the hardest hitters you will ever be able to find (whether he is at D-end or MLB) (keep doin' your thing Gordy) Once again, never have truer words been spoken, "I would dare anyone to line up against #57 (J.D. Jervis) with or without a helmet, I personally beleive that he is one of the strongest/ toughest D-tackles in the region (pound-for-pound). So big-ups to BigdaddyD for pointing out the obvious (no dis-respect)

Kingz615??? did you really take a stab at (#58 Timmy Wilson)? If you did that I strongly suggest that you find a copy of the McCallie game at watch who came up with a huge sack late in the game (check the scoreboard Kingz615...that would be Timmy Wilson)

And I would like to point out while everyone is givin' the Franklin O big "props" at all the skill positions, I would love to ask for a lil' bit of recognition for the Offensive line that has been putting in work all summer/year. To make people like Alex Ford look good. (Mark Jackson#67, Alex Edrenkin (Texas)#53, Andrew Combos #65, Connor Walkup, and Big I)

Whats The Name of the Game!?!?!

yep deffinitely wouldnt mess with jervis or #48,and i think ive possibly met the texas guy also.

wow did Franklin just own those last 2 pages... And Sam thanks for the support all the way from Nebraska.

Go Vols!

I've been very impressed with the Franklin Rebels offense, especially the line play in opening holes for the RB's, protecting the QB during passing, and giving the receivers time to get into their routes. I've watch the line play during the Hillsboro game. Your play one the line was not only dominating but very impressive lead blocking. Coach Clayton has to feel real blessed to have a football player of your caliber and team leader like you leading the blocking up front and on to victory. The way you lead the Rebels back in the fourth quarter over McCallie will be a fond memory for life. Your play and leadership on the field is worthy of All State and Mr. Lineman honors. Give your defensive guys kudos for keeping a tough McCallie team from scoring in the fourth quarter. Franklin has always been known for tough defense and this year team is keeping the tradition alive.

Since Franklin won the last two pages, does #65 Combos have the same prediction for Friday's game and how much? If you're not comfortable making prediction, I??™m sure Coach Clayton could make it for you??¦just ask him Tuesday after practice. As the team leader, a consensus from your brethren players will do and will it be unanimous?

Couple of final thoughts. Franklin has finished strong toward the end in both of these games against tough opponents.I think that speaks volumes toward their conditioning and speaks of senior leadership.

Second having just watched UCLA knock off UT.It reminds me of coach rector. eventhough UCLA got picked 4 times in the first half UCLA came right back to their short passing game and their 3rd string QB was probably 25 of 27 in the second half and made TN look foolish. thats the way coach rector is he will never abandon his west coast style even if you pick him 4 times!!

Couple of final thoughts. Franklin has finished strong toward the end in both of these games against tough opponents.I think that speaks volumes toward their conditioning and speaks of senior leadership.

Second having just watched UCLA knock off UT.It reminds me of coach rector. eventhough UCLA got picked 4 times in the first half UCLA came right back to their short passing game and their 3rd string QB was probably 25 of 27 in the second half and made TN look foolish. thats the way coach rector is he will never abandon his west coast style even if you pick him 4 times!!

I agree on the condition and leadership, especially in the McCallie game. I do think Franklin let up on the pedal in the Hillsboro game because of the big lead otherwise Hillsboro would have never come back from the big deficit.

Coach Fulmer is a "not to loose" type of coach. I don't know if it is right or wrong because his winning record speaks for itself but it will make the fans pull out their hair.

Ravenwood offense is more of a West Virginia college style than a West Coast pro style. West Coast is more about short passes in the flats and run after the catch. BTW, the offensive coordinator is from West Virginia and deserves much of the credit for the offensive style of play. You don't see him because he is on top of the press box calling plays. I couldn't see why the Franklin faithful bashed Coach Clayton last year after the Ravenwood game for calling plays from the press box. It is easier for offensive play caller to react to situations when seeing the field above than the sidelines.

I agree on the condition and leadership, especially in the McCallie game. I do think Franklin let up on the pedal in the Hillsboro game because of the big lead otherwise Hillsboro would have never come back from the big deficit.

Coach Fulmer is a "not to loose" type of coach. I don't know if it is right or wrong because his winning record speaks for itself but it will make the fans pull out their hair.

Ravenwood offense is more of a West Virginia college style than a West Coast pro style. West Coast is more about short passes in the flats and run after the catch. BTW, the offensive coordinator is from West Virginia and deserves much of the credit for the offensive style of play. You don't see him because he is on top of the press box calling plays. I couldn't see why the Franklin faithful bashed Coach Clayton last year after the Ravenwood game for calling plays from the press box. It is easier for offensive play caller to react to situations when seeing the field above than the sidelines.

what team shows up fr ravenwood this week that is what i am anxious to see -- sorry how many team in region qualify for playoffs---

what team shows up fr ravenwood this week that is what i am anxious to see -- sorry how many team in region qualify for playoffs---

Four this year and two in 2009 will qualify. The rest of the teams in the district in 2009 will be wildcard. This may require teams like Franklin and Ravenwood to look at playing D1 teams to fill the schedule than DII teams like McCallie, Ba, and MBA for 2009 games. It's dependent on Ronnie Carter of the TSSAA as he decides the wildcard format later this year. If any indication, Ronnie seems not to like DII teams playing D1. It's interfering with the TSSAA plan of separation of scholarship teams and non-scholarship teams.

I've been very impressed with the Franklin Rebels offense, especially the line play in opening holes for the RB's, protecting the QB during passing, and giving the receivers time to get into their routes. I've watch the line play during the Hillsboro game. Your play one the line was not only dominating but very impressive lead blocking. Coach Clayton has to feel real blessed to have a football player of your caliber and team leader like you leading the blocking up front and on to victory. The way you lead the Rebels back in the fourth quarter over McCallie will be a fond memory for life. Your play and leadership on the field is worthy of All State and Mr. Lineman honors. Give your defensive guys kudos for keeping a tough McCallie team from scoring in the fourth quarter. Franklin has always been known for tough defense and this year team is keeping the tradition alive.

Since Franklin won the last two pages, does #65 Combos have the same prediction for Friday's game and how much? If you're not comfortable making prediction, I??™m sure Coach Clayton could make it for you??¦just ask him Tuesday after practice. As the team leader, a consensus from your brethren players will do and will it be unanimous?

I try not to predict games anymore... It's bad luck plus everyone here knows what I will say.

(Finally someone realized who I am)

SAM!!! I was being sneaky...