Franklin at Ravenwood

dwg03

WOW! Franklin played an outstanding game tonight on both sides of the ball. Nichols, who struggled at times, played like a veteran. He made the plays when he had to. Ford and Lee played as they usually do, fantastic. On the other hand those "hand-me down"(as said by Kingz315) secondary players played like champions. I think they took those comments to heart. The d-line played their hearts out. I think that #41 and #58 finall came out of their shells.And i pray for WR #7 for Ravenwood. Good Luck!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Kingz615.....................SHhhhhhhhhh

Hey Ret rebel.....did you make sure you checked websters for that spelling? (Or did you stay at a Holiday inn last nite?) lol Crrrazy

The finale i was waiting to see.....GREAT GAME ..Where is Kingz 615 now??? OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CYA

SIT DOWN Way to go Defense!!!!!!

Today is "Game-Day" (the day that the game in question is scheduled to be played), sorry about that, but I just wanted to make sure I was spelling every single word correct and that I was being clear & precise.

Let us see how everything "play-out" tonight. Hopefully by now you all are fully aware of my pick (RAVENWOOD HIGH SCHOOL RAPTORS)

It has been a divine pleasure doing business with all the accepting personalities that were active through-out this thread. But maybe this thread should have been labled "Big Dog Daddy VS Kingz615"

Allow me one last parting shot-

Big Dog Daddy tell me how it feels to always be "playing & building for the future". Every year Franklin "bails-out" they seem to always be pointing to 2 or 3 years down the road. well it appears to me that it has been "2 or 3" years now for 5 or 7 years. I pity Franklin High School so awful much because Ravenwood had their run, IHS mad their attempt last year, everyone has crowned Brentwood "the team" this year. And poor ole' Franklin is left outside in the rain with no one to play with, and all the while...FHS worships the ground their coaches walk on, but neither the great Donny Webb, or Coach Clayton have been able to "make the decision" when it has really mattered (p.s. Hillsboro & McCallie are not region games they do not count). But Good luck "Big Dog Daddy" keep buliding for the future like Franklin has been doing for the better part of a decade now.

MAYBE NEXT YEAR FRANKLIN....MAYBE NEXT YEAR

Maybe next year Ravenwood...MAYBE NEXT YEAR! FRANKLIN 27 - RAVENWOOD 0

Today is "Game-Day" (the day that the game in question is scheduled to be played), sorry about that, but I just wanted to make sure I was spelling every single word correct and that I was being clear & precise.

Let us see how everything "play-out" tonight. Hopefully by now you all are fully aware of my pick (RAVENWOOD HIGH SCHOOL RAPTORS)

It has been a divine pleasure doing business with all the accepting personalities that were active through-out this thread. But maybe this thread should have been labled "Big Dog Daddy VS Kingz615"

Allow me one last parting shot-

Big Dog Daddy tell me how it feels to always be "playing & building for the future". Every year Franklin "bails-out" they seem to always be pointing to 2 or 3 years down the road. well it appears to me that it has been "2 or 3" years now for 5 or 7 years. I pity Franklin High School so awful much because Ravenwood had their run, IHS mad their attempt last year, everyone has crowned Brentwood "the team" this year. And poor ole' Franklin is left outside in the rain with no one to play with, and all the while...FHS worships the ground their coaches walk on, but neither the great Donny Webb, or Coach Clayton have been able to "make the decision" when it has really mattered (p.s. Hillsboro & McCallie are not region games they do not count). But Good luck "Big Dog Daddy" keep buliding for the future like Franklin has been doing for the better part of a decade now.

MAYBE NEXT YEAR FRANKLIN....MAYBE NEXT YEAR

Now that the game is over and the results are in, with Franklin dominating Ravenwood in every facet of the game, we can look at all of your educated remarks that came true in this game. You said receivers Jamaul Starnes was not tough, not a playmaker, and that he was afraid to run the crossing route across the middle. Yet on Franklin's first drive, it was Starnes who caught pass coming across the middle and took it inside the 20 to set up Franklin's first touchdown. You also said that Franklin always shot themselves in the foot, yet it was Ravenwood who made the mistakes, snapping the ball over the quarterbacks head and picking up a huge pass interference penalty in the 1st half. And finally, you trashed Franklin's defense and Coach Webb saying, "The Legendary/ Potent/ Lockdown "Coach Donnie Webb" defense (as it is so commonly praised) is no longer an issue." This prophecy was by far your most accurate as Webb's defense held Ravenwood to 0 points. Shutout. 27-0. It was such a blowout, Franklin's student section began chanting "This is boring" with 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter. After the game, a Franklin student was walking around with a white board that read, "48 Minutes. 0 Points." You should be embarrassed. You have nothing left to say. You got shutout, now it's time for you to shut up.

What a game! The O line for Franklin gave Nichols time to throw and opened gaps/holes for "Ford, Built Tough," and the other runningbacks to run through. Left side/right side/middle - it didn't matter! Great job, Combos, Walkup!

The Defense easily handled everything Ravenwood could attempt! Definitely a one-sided game - Franklin side! Rain and wet ground couldn't stop the talented Rebels from "having their way" with the ripped-up Raptors!

Franklin is well disciplined, well conditioned, and well coached!

The outstanding support from the FHS students is a pleasure to watch!

I personally have to give this game to RAVENWOOD, and please allow me to support my decision/ argument. The Franklin High Rebels' years as a consistant force are coming to an end...quickly, now this may come to many of you as a "suprise" because Franklin has been a constant contender for the region title, and this year had been labled by many a "powerhouse" (by the casual viewer and by self-proclaimed "experts" (i.e. Murphy Fair...who ranked Franklin 3rd in the state!)). While all this rampant praising of Franklin has been going on many people have forgotten what the conerstone of Franklin's success has been, FHS has always been built around 2 supporting pillars (1) Talent/ Speed & (2) Defense...both of which seem to missing and unaccounted for this year (so far). The Years of Franklin possessing unrivaled speed at countless positions has come to a devastating standstill (the Damian Watters, Benny Andersons/ Todd Campells are not around anymore), the tough hard-hitting players that Franklin always seemed to have on both sides of the ball are gone as well (Josh Frohok/ Casey Dikes/ Justin Hampton) The present Franklin High School Rebels are just a hollow shadow of their former selves (personel-wise & mentality) Why did I use the term "mentality?"...because Franklin used to be the team that forced low scoring games/ hard-nosed football, but now they have resorted to simply "out-scoring" opponents as opposed to lining-up and playing "Franklin "Power F' Football". If you dont agree, then supply me with the lat time Franklin allowed 28 points in Back-to-Back games???

The Legendary/ Potent/ Lockdown "Coach Donnie Webb" defense (as it is so commonly praised) is no longer an issue, and maybe that is simply the result of the fact that he is no longer working with the caliber of player as he has had the opprotunity to "mold/ take credit for" in past years. The FHS line is a small/ soft excuse of a defensive line (and that factor will be horribly exposed this upcoming week against a disiplined/ strong group of offensive lineman) The same defensive line that was unable to produce any type of pressure against Hillsboro, will predectably fall short of rushing Ravenwood's quaterback (Alex Willaims) through any of his reads, And It is terribly dissapointing to even look at Franklin's Secondary/ Linebacking core (a group that has been utterly dominant against the passing game in past years). Anyone who thinks Coach Rector wont be able to find a way to confuse those "hand-me-down" corners (#3/ #24/ #27) needs to have their brains examined. If Hillsboro would have decided to open up the arial assault a series earlier, the result would have been simple = Franklin looses Clinic Bowl. It doesnt matter how many ways you try to disect it, FRANKLIN DOES NOT..I WILL SAY IT AGAIN DOES NOT HAVE A DEFENSE AT ALL!!!

RAVENWOOD takes this game, and creates absolute mayhem across the field, meanwhile Franklin starts its slide down a slippery path (IHS and BHS)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT AN IDIOT!!! No defense? Say it one more time please!!! HAHAHAHA kingz, i cannot wait for your excuses! Oh and by the way i am still drinking the FHS kool-aid and two new ingredients have been added: a little bit of raptor and a shutout! It taste even sweeter!

Donniewebb.com