Franklin at Ravenwood

dwg03

Todd Campbell may have gotten a scholarship to UT but he was never an offensive weapon at Franklin!

Well I don't know how you account for his stats his junior season then. He had 817 yards receiving, 23 yards per catch, and 12 TDs. There are 2 reasons that his senior year stats weren't up to par with that of his junior year : 1) coaching 2) Franklin didn't have a gun slinger back there at QB like they did the year before in Michael Mikrut.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks "daddy", for simply proving my point you had to reach back in time 3 whole/ entire years to find points totals like those. If Ravenwood was able to beat BA with that little slant pattern across the middle, than I am more than sure it will be highly effective against #48 (who is poor against the passing game...at best) and #15 (Ramsey Sellers??) who is a offensive-turned-defensive-player (enough said). That crossing route would have been risky last year because ya'lls Casey Dikes & Justing Hampton would have crucified the poor reciever...but hey, I hope for you all #48 does turn into a presense in the middle to be reckoned with (because God knows you need one)

Now thats what I wanna see a lil' bit of Franktown Rebel support. Im with Bigdoggdaddy (or however you wanna spell it). #48 (Nick Gordon) is one of the hardest hitters you will ever be able to find (whether he is at D-end or MLB) (keep doin' your thing Gordy) Once again, never have truer words been spoken, "I would dare anyone to line up against #57 (J.D. Jervis) with or without a helmet, I personally beleive that he is one of the strongest/ toughest D-tackles in the region (pound-for-pound). So big-ups to BigdaddyD for pointing out the obvious (no dis-respect)

Kingz615??? did you really take a stab at (#58 Timmy Wilson)? If you did that I strongly suggest that you find a copy of the McCallie game at watch who came up with a huge sack late in the game (check the scoreboard Kingz615...that would be Timmy Wilson)

And I would like to point out while everyone is givin' the Franklin O big "props" at all the skill positions, I would love to ask for a lil' bit of recognition for the Offensive line that has been putting in work all summer/year. To make people like Alex Ford look good. (Mark Jackson#67, Alex Edrenkin (Texas)#53, Andrew Combos #65, Connor Walkup, and Big I)

Whats The Name of the Game!?!?!

Great point about the O-line. The backs have been getting all the attention but without the line it would never be possible.

Well I don't know how you account for his stats his junior season then. He had 817 yards receiving, 23 yards per catch, and 12 TDs. There are 2 reasons that his senior year stats weren't up to par with that of his junior year : 1) coaching 2) Franklin didn't have a gun slinger back there at QB like they did the year before in Michael Mikrut.

Yes but in math class when they teach you fractions, remember that there is a denominator for every numerator... and I was there to watch every single dropped ball. If they kept stats for balls thrown to versus balls caught John Hewitt beat him 10 times over that year. Problem was, IMO and many others, there was a conflict of interest and some heavy duty politics at play! Did the ends justify the means, well both are at UT on scholarship Hewitt on track Campbell on football, which is great for both, downside to it is, had we thrown more balls to Hewitt, maybe, just maybe we play for State instead of Ravenwood.

That is very true... Hillsboro has athletes galore and McCallie's offense is a very steady, well-oiled machine that few teams in the state will be able to contain.

I hate to break the news to you kingz615, but BA is not as good this season. Hillsboro thumped BA in a scrimmage this season, and Independence was a couple dropped TD's away from being the first team in WilCo to beat them. Don't be surprised if McCallie beats BA this week.

Franklin's defense has suffered numerous injuries already, but should be getting a starter back by Friday. The D will get better with time... only 1 or 2 starters are returning from last year. Donnie Webb knows what he's doing.

The offense is as potent as ever. Alex Ford is an animal carrying the rock (averaging 9 yds/carry), and Keylo Lee is as smooth as the other side of the pillow. Graham Nichols is a very good QB that has experience. Also, you cant forget about WR Jarriel Eaton. He has stepped up big-time in the first two games.

It will be a very good game & atmosphere at Ravenwood, with Franklin squeaking by once again... 20-17

Porthenator? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that was the name of a milkshake?

Porthenator? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that was the name of a milkshake?

Yes.. possibly the best milkshake ever!

thanks "daddy", for simply proving my point you had to reach back in time 3 whole/ entire years to find points totals like those. If Ravenwood was able to beat BA with that little slant pattern across the middle, than I am more than sure it will be highly effective against #48 (who is poor against the passing game...at best) and #15 (Ramsey Sellers??) who is a offensive-turned-defensive-player (enough said). That crossing route would have been risky last year because ya'lls Casey Dikes & Justing Hampton would have crucified the poor reciever...but hey, I hope for you all #48 does turn into a presense in the middle to be reckoned with (because God knows you need one)

Kingz615 - I think you need to keep your mouth shut because obviously you have no clue what your talkin about... please tell me how you would know that Gordon is 'poor' against the pass? We would be prepared for that slant because those freakin raptors ran that same play against the rebels 2 years ago in double overtime on a PHANTOM 2pt conversion (the RB in the flat never got into the endzone). Believe me.. the Rebels will be ready. They'll be seeking revenge from last year's game...

---

In reference to an earlier post, Todd Campbell was a freshman at UT last year, and was redshirted. He is expected to play some this year, and get much more PT in the next few years.

Have you ever watched Gordan or Sellers play? Gordan is one of the better MLB in Williamson County, and Sellers is just an all around great football player, no matter where you put him.

Yes, there have been some excellent FHS vs Ravenwood games in their relatively short rivalry. And it's a good thing since CHS and BHS hasn't done much to "step it up" in recent games! That outta get some comments!! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

It's great for Williamson County football to have a game like this. I'll bet that the stands will be packed! See ya at the game! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Yes but in math class when they teach you fractions, remember that there is a denominator for every numerator... and I was there to watch every single dropped ball. If they kept stats for balls thrown to versus balls caught John Hewitt beat him 10 times over that year. Problem was, IMO and many others, there was a conflict of interest and some heavy duty politics at play! Did the ends justify the means, well both are at UT on scholarship Hewitt on track Campbell on football, which is great for both, downside to it is, had we thrown more balls to Hewitt, maybe, just maybe we play for State instead of Ravenwood.