Vikings vs. Patriots

couch qb

yes this is how the playoffs will look for the MLC

1. South

2. Johnson County

3. Tennessee High

4. East

and before all of you Tennessee High fans get in an uproar about Johnson County beating you please save it till the week of Oct 10th

Move !st to 2nd,move2nd to 3rd, move 3rd to 1st, and replace 4th with betsy...and your right /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Castle Vikes and Pats. I watched THS on TV and like I have been saying they are average at best. They are not very strong in the line of scrimage on either side of the ball. They have no real scheme on offense, both run and passing games looked very average. With that said they play a very average team in East. The Pats will most likely lack enough speed to jump out to a big lead, so this game could be interesting for a while. No blow out............

THS 26 SEHS 12 good luck to both

could somebody give me the series history on these teams?

I think they started playing in 1970. East first started playing football in either 1969 or '68. So, THS leads the series with 38 wins 0 losses.

Here are the outcomes to the games I know:

1970 THS 35 East 7

1971 THS 34 East 22

1972 THS 46 East 20

1973 THS 21 East 6

1997 THS 14 East 7

1998 THS 35 East 14

1999 THS 46 East 0

2000 THS 54 East 0

2001 THS 49 East 0

2002 THS 42 East 8

2003 THS 22 East 13

2004 THS 54 East 0

2005 THS 28 East 8

2006 THS 21 East 2

2007 THS 25 East 8

AGREED /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ...but others may differ.

It's like that every year isn't it? But the outcome has always been the same. 1997 and 2003 were some of the best opportunities East had to defeat the Vikings. The 1997 Patriot team had Jerry Eads at QB. They were leading Tennessee the entire game and a last second touchdown saved the Vikings. They finished 6-4 and missed the playoffs. They had the opportunity to go 7-3 but were upset by an 0-9 Central team in week 10. In 2003 East defeated Elizabethton and South. The Vikings lost to Elizabethton that year and had trouble with South. Both the '97 and '03 games were at the Patriot Pasture.

yes this is how the playoffs will look for the MLC

1. South

2. Johnson County

3. Tennessee High

4. East

and before all of you Tennessee High fans get in an uproar about Johnson County beating you please save it till the week of Oct 10th

I truly don't think its going to take till Oct. 10th to prove your ranking wrong. This friday will put a stop to your mouth when the Cyclones finally put a foot in it. You do nothing but provide great message board material for everyones locker room with your posts. Every year you guys disrespect the Vikings in the post season by ranking yourselves ahead of a team that you have never been able to beat. Just incase you forgot here is a reminder...a little somethin to think about till Oct. 10. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

2007? at Tennessee 36 Johnson Co. 17

2006? at Johnson Co. 6 Tennessee 15

2005? at Tennessee 16 Johnson Co. 6

2004? at Johnson Co. 14 Tennessee 43

2003? at Tennessee 35 Johnson Co. 0

2002? at Johnson Co. 0 Tennessee 31

2001? at Tennessee 42 Johnson Co. 0

In the Castle Vikes and Pats. I watched THS on TV and like I have been saying they are average at best. They are not very strong in the line of scrimage on either side of the ball. They have no real scheme on offense, both run and passing games looked very average. With that said they play a very average team in East. The Pats will most likely lack enough speed to jump out to a big lead, so this game could be interesting for a while. No blow out............

Ok...I can go along with that. One question though...If Tennessee High is merely an average team, what adjectives would you use to describe everybody else since the Vikings are predicted to finish at least a strong second in the conference /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> ????? Below average, subpar, poor...you tell me. Lets just face it, the Vikings went up against a very good team in the Indians of DB and failed to rise to the occasion. The only other team in the MLC that even merits being on their schedule is Elizabethton. And they are there only because SOUTH GOT SCARED. Your comment reminds me of the criticism THS got from the MLC for getting blasted by Maryville in the State Semifinals in 04". The criticism came after the Vikings drummed EVERYBODY ELS by 30+ points in most cases. Go figure. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

It's like that every year isn't it? But the outcome has always been the same. 1997 and 2003 were some of the best opportunities East had to defeat the Vikings. The 1997 Patriot team had Jerry Eads at QB. They were leading Tennessee the entire game and a last second touchdown saved the Vikings. They finished 6-4 and missed the playoffs. They had the opportunity to go 7-3 but were upset by an 0-9 Central team in week 10. In 2003 East defeated Elizabethton and South. The Vikings lost to Elizabethton that year and had trouble with South. Both the '97 and '03 games were at the Patriot Pasture.

I think its more of a mental thing for East..to there credit, they have had (as you mentioned) a couple of decent shots to take us down in the past..even the last couple of years for that matter.But its really hard to accomplish something if you in your heart and mind you don,t believe you can.

Agreed..on THAT night we were average at best..but I would not look for that to continue to be the case.

I,ll tell ya... what i,ll give ya East and 28..for a hotdog and a coke /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Ok...I can go along with that. One question though...If Tennessee High is merely an average team, what adjectives would you use to describe everybody else since the Vikings are predicted to finish at least a strong second in the conference /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> ????? Below average, subpar, poor...you tell me. Lets just face it, the Vikings went up against a very good team in the Indians of DB and failed to rise to the occasion. The only other team in the MLK that even merits being on their schedule is Elizabethton. And they are there only because SOUTH GOT SCARED. Your comment reminds me of the criticism THS got from the MLK for getting blasted by Maryville in the State Semifinals in 04". The criticism came after the Vikings drummed EVERYBODY ELS by 30+ points in most cases. Go figure. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Can i get an..AMEN.. to that /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />