AC-Fulton

olhickory

Oppressed238,

Feel free to utilize my "multi-post" format. Just make sure you use the appropriate literary license. There is a cap on CAPS though.

I think I'm much kinder and gentler since my favorite Irish player has moved to the next sports level.

I do have a tendency to get carried away with the caps. BUT I NEVER NOTICED HOW MODEST YOU WERE BEFORE. I feel I've gained some type of insight into you tonight, though, and congrats to your favorite Irish player.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Braggart: boastful; exhibiting self-importance; "big talk."

Very few, if any, AC folks appeared here prior to the game talking smack about defeating Fulton, much less by 21 points or more. The same cannot be said for Fulton fans and others of differing stripes. Confidence and boastfulness are not one and the same. Accordingly, I stand by my statement, which is, of course, evidenced by the record of posts above.

Certainly Fulton has done its talking on the scoreboard in years past. But that ain't this year. Moreover, having been there, they also do their (smack) talking on the field. Road, you appear to be unduly sensitive, and perhaps I would be too if my former powerhouse program was having a little bit of a down year. We all know that Fulton will rise like the mythical Phoenix, and that perhaps soon. But your team would be better served, in my humblest opinion, not to exhibit or believe the OVER confidence clearly posited on this board.

Longmire can play. Thought AC would win. Have said pretty much all along AC had the best combination of experience/talent in the region. AE has the most talent. Fulton and Catholic are both young. Both have sophomores all over the place. Rogers had a great game for AC. Congrats to them. One could compare them to LA from a few years back. Should be an interesting year in 2-3A. Don't count out Kingston or Scott for a fourth spot. How goes the studies Road?

ruse?

Kerr may win some games, but don't act like he is good person. Am I the only one who saw him on tv friday night pushing his offensive cord. He gets what he wants by intimidating people. I agree that most coaches in the Anderson County system are good people.....Greg Deal, Andy Shatuck, Gary Terry, etc., but Kerr is a disgrace. Mark it down now, come playoff time the Mavs will fold. He wears down his teams, changes philosphy midweek, and makes everyone around him miserable. Anderson County should have let him go along time ago and not let Lambert get away. You want to know about Kerr, ask the people who have worked for him and left. He runs them off. I live in AC and went to school there, but I will not support Lying Larry.

yellowjacket. I'm sure coach kerr didn't push is OC Price. Seems to me that Coach Kerr has lightened up on his coaches these days. AC does more on offense now than they have since kerr has been there. I understand that many do not like him, but he has won everywhere he has been. Sure only 1 state title, but always a competitive team. Some coaches in the past could not handle coach kerr's controlling attitude, but he is the head man and it all falls on his shoulders. Maybe he disrespected them as a person and that is something uncalled for. But as far as play calling and coaching, he is the final decision.

Well, if AC is overrated, what is Fulton? Dude, this was nice. AC football is back!! How about a little crow for all the Fulton braggarts??? Better to walk softly and do your talkin' on the scoreboard.

I dont think any of the Falcon fans were sayin AC was overrated ... I knew AC had alot of experience returning and they ran it down the throats of Fulton ... even Fulton's coach has enough class to say that in KNS ... most coaches when they get beat handily always want to make an excuse or something .. did Buck say anything about starting 13 sophs out of 22 starting positions ?? NO ... Falcon fans and coaches know they are young and learning how to play ... Falcons have never done alot of talking ... but I do remember AC doing alot of talking before last years playoff game at Fulton (why they would do that who knows) but it didnt work as Falcons beat the snot out of them for the 3rd straight time .... this was AC's year but look out for Falcons at the end of year and for the next two years ... AC loose's alot of Seniors so enjoy and if you are goin to make a run you better do it this year ... like Road2three said in later post ... go win you a couple of State Championships and then we can talk on an even plain ....

Longmire can play. Thought AC would win. Have said pretty much all along AC had the best combination of experience/talent in the region. AE has the most talent. Fulton and Catholic are both young. Both have sophomores all over the place. Rogers had a great game for AC. Congrats to them. One could compare them to LA from a few years back. Should be an interesting year in 2-3A. Don't count out Kingston or Scott for a fourth spot. How goes the studies Road?

ruse?

Ruse .. I agree .. I also thought AC with the returning players thay had would be in the top 2 in region with Catholic ... I also said AE, Kingston and Fulton would battlefor other 2 spots ... didnt expect to Scott to be as good ... so you ca put them in there with the other 3 ... AC has alot retunring and at skill positions QB, FB, TB and WR ... line has some experience also ... like you said Fulton and Catholic have alot of Sophs playing .. Fulton has 13 sophs in 22 positions starting .. Catholic doesnt have that many but they are younf also .. the difference is Catholic youth teams run the same plays as High School I heard .. dont know that to be true or not and if its the case then those kids have less learning curve coming in as young players ... now all Sophs have to get used to the physical part of games ... believe it or not there is a difference ... Sophs are just not physically ready to play .. especially when you have as many as Fulton ..now there will always be exceptions .. 3 or 4 sophs thrown in here or there ... you cant tell a difference .. but it looks as though Falcons wont be physically ready to compete for awhile .. whether its at the end of year or next .. but I do think they will get better if they can get some guys back ... they still have out a senior DT who started last year out and also Styles not playing yet .. a couple of DB's have been out who were expected to start also ... but Linebacker is where they are lacking also .. dont have that mean tough mentality aside from the QB Winters .....

Kerr may win some games, but don't act like he is good person. Am I the only one who saw him on tv friday night pushing his offensive cord. He gets what he wants by intimidating people. I agree that most coaches in the Anderson County system are good people.....Greg Deal, Andy Shatuck, Gary Terry, etc., but Kerr is a disgrace. Mark it down now, come playoff time the Mavs will fold. He wears down his teams, changes philosphy midweek, and makes everyone around him miserable. Anderson County should have let him go along time ago and not let Lambert get away. You want to know about Kerr, ask the people who have worked for him and left. He runs them off. I live in AC and went to school there, but I will not support Lying Larry.

I PROMISE YOU, there is no problem between Lambert and Kerr !!!!! Lambert loves the man. They talk on a regular basis. I am sure Kerr would like for him to come back, when he needs a place to work! AC is full of great people, from top to bottom. Kerr is a little intense at times, but ain't we all ???????