Rivalry...Gleason vs. Greenfield

volfan007

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to go Greenfield! This was a huge game, and it was very fun to watch. The Beast was loose tonite. He played good defense....had some big hits...blocked well from the fullback position....AND, he had one of the best runs that you'll see all year....incredible run.

Coach Rodehaver and his staff deserve a huge pat on the back, and a good job, fellas. This game was very well coached.

Daniel Ricketts played very well tonite as well. He should be recruited by a D1 school for either WR or Safety.

All the boys played their hearts out tonite.

Congrats to Greenfield and Coach Rodehaver! I wasnt at the game but I heard it was a good one. I think the Ricketts kid is a great football player and could definitely play college ball if he gets his attitude right, but D1?? Come on now, lets not get ahead of ourselves. I think Lambuth or Bethel is more like it.

Congrats On The Win Greenfield. I'll Be Busy Eating My Crow Now. So Enjoy The Victory And Good Luck.

Same as Butchie..Congrats on the win..I knew Greenfield had been playing good defense but going into the season I had Gleason as maybe one of the teams making a run at winning the district..And they still might..but with McKenzie,Union City,South Fulton and Lake Co looming ahead..can't really afford another loss in the district

lanefrost,

Daniel Ricketts has great hands and great concentration. He can make unbelievable, circus catches. He can jump. He's 6'3" and weighs 185. He has good speed...not great speed, but very good speed. It's deceptive speed, because his legs are so long. This young man plays hard on every down. He's very aggresive and competitive.

So, yes, he could play D1 ball. Dont forget that UTM and Murray State are D1. I think that Memphis ought take a hard look at him as well.

lanefrost,

We have some other boys on our team that have the potential to play college ball somewhere. Chase McMullen could play FB, or middle linebacker, or DE somewhere. I think that UTM is looking at him really hard. Others should get into the mix. He's got a lot of upside to him. Tremendous potential.

His cousin, Chris McMullen, who is a Jr., also has the potential to play on Saturdays as a lineman. He's 6'2" and weighs 275. He can move.

From what I hear, UTM is also looking at Tim DeHart as an OL. He's like 6'1" and 285. Good blocker.

Beast. Are you kidding me. Watch Gleason feast on the beast tonight.

Imagine that, Mosterman99 putting down a Greenfield player. Look Mac, we all know who you are and you putting down these kids makes you look like a total loser. Chase is twice the player you ever were. He had 18 tackles against Stewart County. When did you ever have 18 tackles in two games? And yes the beast was loose. He dominated Gleason. But remember this mac, you pumped up the crowd better than anyone in Greenfield history. You are the best cheerleader we've ever had. I hope you are proud!

This was a big win for the Yellowjackets. Good game by both teams and a fun game to watch. Coach Rodhaver is building team spirit and confidence in our players and doing it the right way. Coach had a good game plan and stayed with it. Chase McMullen & Daniel Ricketts both played a great game on both sides. Anytime Daniel has single coverage we need to take advantage of it, he will go get the ball. Steven Johnson gave us a big lift punting, pinning the Bulldogs back deep several times. Its been several years since we've been in the playoff but Greenfield is excited about our football team.

volfan007,

So your telling me that Greenfield has possibly four D1 prospects?? Wow...Greenfield probably hasnt had four players play D1 football in the school's history. I will be shocked if one player off this team plays D1. I think this Greenfield team has alot of potential and I think they can make some noise come playoff time. As for the D1 prospects comment I hope I eat crow!!! Good luck to Coach Rodehaver and the boys!

Who does Greenfield play this week?