DB vs Bearden.....

orangeblur

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bearden just got whopped 2night, score could have easily been 48-0 had to settle for 2 field goals and also db had 2 turnovers and i dont know what it is about the redzone but GC just goes brain dead its ridiculous. But take away 2 plays and bearden didnt do anything, yeah that young is a great player but reggie bush are you serious? the way he runs reminds me alot of sterling from faragut last year, but hey we have some good soph. talent also #3 steele has made huge plays already this season and you didnt even see the #42 rated soph in the NATION chris sensabough was on the sideline with a hurt arm.

he will probably end up around 5'10-5'11....180-190 LBS....as a SR in HS...

Hey Orange! You are/were right. Your boy is a stud. I was givin you heck earlier because he had not done it on the Varsity level yet. But tonight, he was Bearden's biggest threat. He is 5'8 150 according to our stats and those are usually a bit bigger. But, he is 15 and will no doubt be a thorn in opponent's side. He is a major hoss and will play some college ball probably DI. But don't get too excited too early because if you know how recruiting works teams send letters to many (most) early that never get formal offers. Not saying he won't get formal offers from these schools, but lots of kids at this age and yes Sensabaugh, get the same letters. The camp UT has is an honor, but DB has had players attend that never played college ball. What I am saying is, yes the kid might be the best 10 grader as a sophomore, but there are 2 years to go and right now his recognition is not off the charts ( though it may be one day and I hope it is). Chris Sensabaugh is DB's #1 RB. Bearden saw our #3 and a few runs from our injured #2 who is also our beast on D so this accounts for a few of Young's yards as DB was a bit slow. However, we are all upset that you did not get to see our beast Chris Sensabaugh. He seperated his elbow in week 0 and we hope he is back next week. He is the #42 rated 10 grader in the nation and that is with him missing the 1st four games last year. If Chris played tonight, Bearden woulda been put to bed in the 2nd. Maybe even if the 2nd string rb had been at full steam.

i really dont see the big deal about this young kid..hes fast, and he jukes as much as he can. when he faces farragut next week i guarantee he will see a real defense. farragut has just as good of athletes on their D as this kid (i.e. Alex Encarnacion and Derek Harper). bearden has one dimension. him. so farragut only has to plan for him. and as for d-1...unless he puts up 3500 yards his senior year good luck. andre put up 2700+ and is going to hargrave this year.. but thats life in tennessee high school football

also both of farragut's running backs are sophomores, and they are both just as good as the yound kid. deondre purty is already getting recruited by SEC schools and montre hudson can play at a good FBS school. you just dont hear about them because Reese Browning is busy rewriting every passing record at Farragut. ok im done. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Come on Orange, Young only had 84 yards rushing. Yes, he is a very fast talent as a Soph., but you are hyping him up just a little too much. He would be a lot better if he could play one way( was very tired and cramping in 2nd half). No doubt he could score anytime he touches the ball, but this is true for about two or three players per team in the Big East. By the way, DB will not play Bearden for the next two years as they are no longer in the same conference. Maybe you will get DB in the playoffs.

P.S.

Getting letters does not mean getting recruited. Just a Dear John way to say; Hey, if you turn out to be good enough, we want you to think about our school because we sent you this nifty little letter when you were a Sophmore.

some game highlight videos are avail. on the highschoolsports.net website. Nice video of DB interception, A. Adams TD and D. Steele TD. Sorry, no real Bearden highlights.

WBIR's high school sports webpage

or, click this link to go directly to the vidoes...

videos

BTW, I was less than impressed w/ AM1180's coverage of the game. I couldn't pick up the station in the Bearden parking lot, or anywhere in Knoxville! Is it like that every week?

Indians may break out the Passing Game tonight. If they do, it will not be close.

Derrick Steele and Ashlon Adams are a great couple of WR. Steele can score at any time of the game, Offense, Defense or Kicking Game.

Indians 31

Bearden 13

Roll Tribe Roll

Now that is nailing a prediction!! Crawford had a great game. It was good to get Mitchem some FG attemps and he hit them both. The Kicking Game may win a game or 2 down the road.

Nice road win Indians

Roll Tribe Roll

Come on Orange, Young only had 84 yards rushing. Yes, he is a very fast talent as a Soph., but you are hyping him up just a little too much. He would be a lot better if he could play one way( was very tired and cramping in 2nd half). No doubt he could score anytime he touches the ball, but this is true for about two or three players per team in the Big East. By the way, DB will not play Bearden for the next two years as they are no longer in the same conference. Maybe you will get DB in the playoffs.

P.S.

Getting letters does not mean getting recruited. Just a Dear John way to say; Hey, if you turn out to be good enough, we want you to think about our school because we sent you this nifty little letter when you were a Sophmore.

I see the haters are out.....cant even give a kid credit who ran all over DB....its all good though...

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/sep/06/m...-bearden-31-14/

i really dont see the big deal about this young kid..hes fast, and he jukes as much as he can. when he faces farragut next week i guarantee he will see a real defense. farragut has just as good of athletes on their D as this kid (i.e. Alex Encarnacion and Derek Harper). bearden has one dimension. him. so farragut only has to plan for him. and as for d-1...unless he puts up 3500 yards his senior year good luck. andre put up 2700+ and is going to hargrave this year.. but thats life in tennessee high school football

andre is going to hargrave because he couldnt take care of his classroom work..

Devrin doesnt have that problem.......he is in advanced placement classes...and has a 3.0 GPA....

But all you guys seems to know the situation better than me...so....

I think most people can agree we seen a good game last night. It was much better than the score reflected. As a young team with 5 turnovers and playing a powehouse, I think Bearden done a great job. Who ever said the score could have been 48 to 0, your nuts. If it was a turnover free game, DB wins 17 to 14.

For you guys that are "Hatin" on Devrin Young, go talk to #25. I bet, he has all the respect in the world for him.

Good Luck, Indians on the rest of your season. I wish you the best, stay injury free.