Dist 14a

JWhumboldt

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is that when the only person picking a team to win is a fan of said team, it is kind of hard to believe that they are truly being objective. I don't doubt you are trying. Bradford and Lake Co. played 3 times last year. Lake Co. was 0-3. I know that was last year, but I've always thought that until you knock the champ off, they are still #1. Of course I mean district champs. Bradford just didn't lose enough for me to think things will be different. Matter of fact, most people feel that way. I know the games must be played, honestly, how can Bradford not be the pre-season favorite?

You're right..Yall are number 1...We may come in 4th..maybe even 5th or 6th like Chipper probably thinks we will...But like you said..That was last year...I believe Lake Co-Bradford will be an excellent game as will the Gleason-Lake co game Tuesday night...Gleason may win...but not like they did tonight against Carrol Ac...I could be wrong..but T.T. Flowers should be quick enough to handle most teams press...She may throw the ball away some..but at the same time..a lot of teams are going to be in foul trouble trying to guard her and Renita Kinney !I believe Lake Co plays Middle College tomorrow night ..then Gleason Tuesday night and then I believe maybe South Fulton and then Bradford..So..We'll know pretty quick !

I agree the lake co./gleason game tuesday should be a good one. Gleason's first five games consist of west carroll (who ended their season last year) lake county,greenfield, humbolt then bradford. The next two weeks should reveal alot about how these district teams match up.

FYI: Gleason plays Carroll Academy for the Gleason Bulldogs, not the Gleason Lady Bulldogs. If you know what our boys' record usually is, you might understand why. That is why they are scheduled.

I hope that Greenfield will be at full strength when they play Gleason, but they probably wont be. Our starting guard that's hurt, Porter, may be back from injury for the Gleason game, but even if she does, she wont be full strength. So, invincible, maybe Greenfield will give yall a better game the second time around.

I know....They couldn't have scheduled anyone that would've put up a little more of a fight??

I saw that score and was just suprised. I guess the gleason coach does not know how to hold the ball. C'mon now please, you know going into that game that it would not be very competitive, show a little respect and sportsmanship. Show that you have been there......

Respect and sportsmanship? Those are awful big words to throw around when you have no idea how the game actually went. I can promise you if Gleason wanted to press and play their starters all game then it would probably have been closer to 150-0. Gleason did not press on any possesion, the entire game. The starters played only the 1st quarter and never went back in after that. The clock also ran the entire 2nd half!

Carrol Academy's coach is a former Gleason player that started on the 92 State Championship team and 93 Runner up team for Coach Frazier and I bet she will tell you Gleason did every thing possible to respect the Carrol Academy girls short of putting it under their arm for 3 quarters which doesn't help Gleason's Freshmen get any better or Carrol Academy's players improve any. Might want to do some checking next time before calling people out!

metman,

I'm speaking from experience. Carroll Academy is that bad. I'd imagine that Coach Frazier had his third string in the game, and the third string was dominating. All a Coach can do is keep putting in subs, but you cant ask the subs to not play ball. They practice and want to play hard and score when they get in the game. Now, if he had his first team still playing at the end of the 3rd quarter, or into the 4th, then I'd agree with you. But, you gotta let the subs play when they get in....they dont get in that much. And, most Jr. High teams could beat Carroll Academy.

Volfan, i expect greenfield will give gleason all they want and then some the first time they play! Not having Porter makes a difference, but this greenfield team will not let that affect them when it comes time to play gleason.

and metman, get a clue. if you've ever seen gleason's coach actually coach a ball game, then you know that he shows more "respect" and "sportsmanship" than most any coach around.

I understand what you Gleason folks are talking about...I didn't think about the boys game...I remember that Gleason only won two games last year...Against Carroll Acd.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Sometimes it doesn't matter what you do...Sometimes your opponent is just that bad....Plus,it's not Gleason's job to keep the score from getting out of hand...I don't imagine Gleason ran it up..I imagine they played everyone...