Dist 14a

JWhumboldt

Union City beat Gleason tonite 48-47.....UC held a 34-19 lead at half and led by 10 heading into the final quarter but saw Gleason claw all the way back to tie the game at 47....UC missed 4 or 5 4th quarter free throws with most of them front ends of one and ones but did finally hit one after missing the first in a double-bonus situation with 4 seconds remaining to win by one...If I'm not mistaken that was UC's first win over Gleason since UC moved down to 1A....UC improves to 7-3 and 4-2 in district play....

Don't you know to never say never.

Especially anything concerning Gleason........ /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was not very impressed with Humboldt last night vs. Dresden. I had heard that they were really good. They do a have a really good guard (#4) that can shoot and a good post player (#33)or (#35). Dresden, pretty much lead the whole game until the fourth quarter. If they could have taken better care of the ball in the half court they would of won. Glisson played very well, but nobody else really stepped up. I do not see Humboldt winning the district, however anybody can beat anybody on any night.

u can say what you want but humboldt does have a chance at district. every given night anyone can win.

Well, Trenton beats Humboldt tonight at the GC Christmas Tournament. I hate to say it, but Trenton is not that good this year. Humboldt is the better team and should've won that game. They let a 14 point lead leave them and let Trenton come back.

i know and they came out to play. lost focus in the end still for my lady vikes. but they need to get together

The Humboldt/Trenton game is just another example of how 14A is so wide open this year. Humboldt will have bad nights just like everybody else will, when Humboldt has an off night or doesnt come ready to play then Humboldt can be beat. Trenton is capable of beating anybody in 14A as evidenced by this game.

There are eight teams in 14A girls who can win on any night, no other district can say that.

bradford beat milan last night. gleason is weak. how many times is gleason going to play carol academy? have they beat anybody other than carol academy?

!!!!! First off its Carroll Academy what is wrong with your spelling.....Secondly, yes we have beat other teams if you will check the scoreboard...And finally we play each team twice...where have you been every team does that.... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> But to say Gleason is weak is just not right...They can win if they play ball...But three of the four games we lost we beat ourselves...The other team was the better teams on those nights...They wanted it more than we did...You can't expect the win if you don't play ball until the third or fourth quarter...You have to play the whole game not just two quarters...So yes the other teams were the better teams on those nights...This district is wide open....It is up for grabs......Lets see who wants it more after Christmas...Good luck to all the teams and have a Safe and Happy Holiday...To all.. Merry Christmas... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Hancock County, KY. improved to 6-0 with a 61-57 overtime win over Union City in the Kentucky Machine and Engineering Classic at Trigg County High School in Cadiz, KY, this afternoon....Union City falls to 7-4....If I read the brackets right, UC will play the loser of the Logan County, KY. and Fulton County, KY game on Monday at 3 pm...