Maryville Freshmen v Alcoa JV

Rebel9

I might help a little bit on the seventh/eighth grade rule. Those that have question the rule would be right based on the reading of the rule. Those that are defending the boy are right but don't know necessarily why other than he is eligible.

A family can request another year of middle school to the TSSAA in writing , if their child is immature physically or socially as well as being weak academically (not necessarily failing) This must happen pryor to his/her 2nd year in the eighth grade. It cannot be related to athletics specifically though all play sports.

Besides the letter from the parent there must be a letter from the building principal at the HS he/she will attend and substantiating letters from teachers, doctors, counselors and psychatrists can be added.

I have been involved in 3 of these and the TSSAAA approved all three.

This may not be the situation, but hope the info helps.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might help a little bit on the seventh/eighth grade rule. Those that have question the rule would be right based on the reading of the rule. Those that are defending the boy are right but don't know necessarily why other than he is eligible.

A family can request another year of middle school to the TSSAA in writing , if their child is immature physically or socially as well as being weak academically (not necessarily failing) This must happen pryor to his/her 2nd year in the eighth grade. It cannot be related to athletics specifically though all play sports.

Besides the letter from the parent there must be a letter from the building principal at the HS he/she will attend and substantiating letters from teachers, doctors, counselors and psychatrists can be added.

I have been involved in 3 of these and the TSSAAA approved all three.

This may not be the situation, but hope the info helps.

Dang it nooney, you just made things worse. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I don't think anyone should lose a job over it. But you would think if the grade school and middle school are good enough for them to send there other kids to then the high school would be good enough for Patton. If Heritage was a winning program there is no doubt in my mind he would have went to Heritage. I think that's fair to say. You can't blame a kid for something the parents are responsible for. This topic has been beat to death and nothing said in it will change anything. Good Luck to Patton.

Im sure you are probably rite. But if you think about it, if the kids that are supposed to go to Heritage actually go to Heritage, then they probably wouldn't be 1-9 every year. Just a few that come to mind are (Austin Tallent, Robinette, Mcglothlin, Tyler Maples, Taharin Tyson). Thats a lot of talent that would help any football program win games.

John McCain said people ought to be able to choose where they go to school. Maybe the kid is a Republican.

His grandfather was principal at Friendsville. Maybe he is supposed to go to school there. His dad used to work for Alcoa City Schools, maybe he is supposed to go there...

I don't think anyone should lose a job over it. But you would think if the grade school and middle school are good enough for them to send there other kids to then the high school would be good enough for Patton. If Heritage was a winning program there is no doubt in my mind he would have went to Heritage. I think that's fair to say. You can't blame a kid for something the parents are responsible for. This topic has been beat to death and nothing said in it will change anything. Good Luck to Patton.

I agree not much definitive has been said, but not that its been beaten to death. The chat has generated heat, but not much light. The rule seems to guard against the very situation petitioned as the exception to it. There's either more rule or more to the story. An enigma, shrouded in mystery, wrapped in curiosity...

I agree not much definitive has been said, but not that its been beaten to death. The chat has generated heat, but not much light. The rule seems to guard against the very situation petitioned as the exception to it. There's either more rule or more to the story. An enigma, shrouded in mystery, wrapped in curiosity...

Good post.

I would say it's a little of both, "more to the story and more rule" or exception to the rule. I think Jesse will be at Maryville in the near future, after all his brother does teach and coach there. That may be the part of the story left out? Stranger things have happened.

One, the Robinettes do live in the Maryville city limits which allows him to attend Maryville or Blount County schools. However, his father is the principal at Heritage Middle and his mother is a teacher at Walland Elementary both are feeder schools to Heritage High. It is a shame that no one in the Blount County Central Office had the manhood to fire them after this occurred.

The appeal stated that he needed the year to mature socially because he had some social issues which is bs. It probably did not hurt his chances of winning the appeal with Maryville's Lynn Brown on the TSSAA board.

I also know people from Maryville that are bums who have made nothing for their own lives because of what they put into education.

*Bettur bee cairfull 'bout "manhood" farrins....Seems like eye red sumthin 'bout Hairatige farrin' sumbody tha othur day in tha paper......apparentlee thay didunt give this feller dew process accordin' two a peels quart...... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

*Good ole Tater...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

*Garbige bidness iz good beecaws of my Mairvul edgycashun..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />.... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Dang it nooney, you just made things worse. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

nooney.........Ewe da man............ /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I also know people from Maryville that are bums who have made nothing for their own lives because of what they put into education. nuff said

easttnfb......Eye represent that reemark...... /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> ....... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

When was the last time a Maryville freshman team lost a regular season game?

Just curious.