News from Wilson County....

Football Man

There is good and bad sides of what happened lastnight. I think its great we are going to continue to have sports. The sad part is there is 36 people that could lose there jobs so that we can have sports. The County Government nedds to step up and spend the money.

well said...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sad part of all of this is that now that the coaches are going to get to keep there supplements, there are 36 other people who will lose their jobs and all their income. In my opinion, that is a much bigger injustice.

Now, that could all be remedied if the County Commissioners would step up and do what is right for the kids. To be near the top in per capita income statewide and near the bottom for dollars spent per child in education is a tremendous joke. It's a joke that will keep on giving to our kids for the rest of their lives.

Everyone on CoachT that lives in Wilson County. Please get involved with local politics. Elections are coming up soon. Please be sure to ask you local officials where they stand - and vote them OUT if they aren't protecting and serving our children!

This "band-aid" they have used to fix the problem only will get them through this school year. Even the Director of Schools Mike Davis knows this will come up again next year. Also, they are still making cuts from busses, books and support staff. Also, they had to take close to $1million from their "rainy day" fund just to make it through this year. This is far from over. Being a former coach at Lebanon, I am glad they are keeping the coaches pay...but their is a reason these kids are called "student-athletes" and not "athletic students". The board and county commission are walking a thin line between keeping the people happy and doing whats best for the students. This aint over it, folks. I see a lot of feathers being ruffled over the next 12 months in Wilson County. By the way read the article on the Wilson Post website.

http://www.wilsonpost.com/index.php?option...4&Itemid=13

This is interesting....