how good is grace christian

uconnman

Gods word is a free gift,although many have got wealthy using it. I doubt they will see the pearly gates, Recruit these kids to attend Church ,its free, I suppose, and they could bring their family and friends. If you can grow in enrollment like you say you can ,imagine what you could do if you're message was free. You might even attract some people who can't arrord the tuition as your school. Wouldn't that be a hoot.

Actually its anything but free, it has been safeguarded over the centuries by many, many people who paid the ultimate price, their very lives. I never make a judgement about anyone going to heaven or heck, let him who is without sin cast the first stone. Thats not me and its not you Pujo. The message is free in church, but schools cost money. Once again, you are falling short of understanding a private school. The private school my child is associated with indeed attracts people who can't afford but partial tuition. They are the people who receive financial aid as it should be. It doesn't matter if they play sports or not. One last fact, nobody is going to get wealthly running a private school, they are lucky to keep their head above water. It is amazing that an issue over football carries over to several other issues. Its alot like life, pretty complicated. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually its anything but free, it has been safeguarded over the centuries by many, many people who paid the ultimate price, their very lives. I never make a judgement about anyone going to heaven or heck, let him who is without sin cast the first stone. Thats not me and its not you Pujo. The message is free in church, but schools cost money. Once again, you are falling short of understanding a private school. The private school my child is associated with indeed attracts people who can't afford but partial tuition. They are the people who receive financial aid as it should be. It doesn't matter if they play sports or not. One last fact, nobody is going to get wealthly running a private school, they are lucky to keep their head above water. It is amazing that an issue over football carries over to several other issues. Its alot like life, pretty complicated. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I saw on Graces website where they rounded up 178.000 dollars for their atheletics. Sounds like they could be pretty well off if they used their money wisely.

Another thing is this, in Gods word ,he told his people to go into the world ,but to be no part of the world. You can't hide from a sinful world, you are to teach the word and try and save the lost souls. Christianity is a full time job, not alot of time for gathering money for atheletics.

Do you REALLY think God wants you spending all this money on atheletics. I'd say it could be used more wisely.

No, God wants us to spend our money wisely, and that's what the parents whose children attend Grace Christian are doing. Not on atheletics only, but on reaching children for him and you can do that through atheletics, too. If you have Godly men and women as coaches who are leading your children...and I am proud to say that we do!

I saw on Graces website where they rounded up 178.000 dollars for their atheletics. Sounds like they could be pretty well off if they used their money wisely.

Another thing is this, in Gods word ,he told his people to go into the world ,but to be no part of the world. You can't hide from a sinful world, you are to teach the word and try and save the lost souls. Christianity is a full time job, not alot of time for gathering money for atheletics.

Teach the word and try and save the lost souls. That exactly what Grace and most every private is preparing their students to do. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Teach the word and try and save the lost souls. That exactly what Grace and most every private is preparing their students to do. Since you state you have been through the school of hard knocks, you should be delighted that the private schools are teaching children to the best of their ability in all facets of life. PS if you are implying by your statement about hiding from the world that private schools are hiding, you could not be more wrong. A true education negates any hiding from the world, instead you more fully realize the pain and suffering that is in the world and have been educated to help change the world when possible. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I've checked out some of the other private schools and seen where the Headmaster made like 100'000 dollars a year. Don't sound like the free gift to me. Preach on people, i'm not buying.

That is correct, school cannot be free, it costs money. And you started the attempt at preaching. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Hate to tell you, but many people don't get the jist. I do know that you are stupid if you asked anyone for a copy of their bank account. As a parent of a private school student my bank account is about the most pitiful thing you could look at. You still don't get that jist do you. Keep whining, its funny. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Since some of you don't get the joke let me spell it out for you. The TSSAA has no authority to go into records of the parents of private school students. The only records they can probe are those from the school. Therefore allegations of anyone paying tuition or providing monetary support to a parent, i.e. booster pays tuition for athlete, could not possibly be proven without someone turning themselves in. It really is a moot point because the TSSAA has no intention of fixing anything. Search back through my previous posts before you accuse me of whining.

I don't think that the aforementioned happens very often but I do think it happens rarely just like there are public schools boosters who provide perks for playing, again this is very rare.

The real advantage of the private school is the fact that the parents sell the program for the school. Parent involvement at the privates and a few of the better publics is a huge advantage, but we cannot legislate against it.

Teach the word and try and save the lost souls. That exactly what Grace and most every private is preparing their students to do. Since you state you have been through the school of hard knocks, you should be delighted that the private schools are teaching children to the best of their ability in all facets of life. PS if you are implying by your statement about hiding from the world that private schools are hiding, you could not be more wrong. A true education negates any hiding from the world, instead you more fully realize the pain and suffering that is in the world and have been educated to help change the world when possible. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Oh trust me ,I've been through the school of hard knocks, the thing is my parents would have never spent the money to put me in a private school. The money went on Coon dogs ,whores and liqior. Been without food and heat on many occacasions, wore ragged clothes to school. Saw my mom and brothers beat and treated like dogs, been there ,done that. Its not a pity stroy, Just the way it was. I have kids of my own now and I try to see to it that they have a different world to grow up in. I teach my kids about God and life in general. They won't need no private school for that. The only benifit I can see at a private school is a safer and better envirament. My kids do play sports and they have their own private Coach,me. I coach them and teach them in every aspect of life. I don't feel sorry for the way I was raised, it has made me see things that alot of you wouldn't understand. I also know a little about the Bible and its teachings. I also know that true Christians are few and far between. Trust me , all the kids in you're school are not Christians. Private schools are nothing more than a business, you have to have selling points to draw students. Like anything else ,you have to beat the competition. Sports just happen to be a good selling tool. If you didn't need it ,you wouldn't have it. You wouldn't worry about who was coaching them or how many games you won. You are selling you're school. From the looks of things, you are doing a pretty good job. Carry on.

Few if any public school supporters would want to deny the right for these private schools to exist, separate from traditional government-affiliated schools. The problem is many or probably most feel the differences warrant them competing in a separate division.

And its been voted on several times, public scholls have always voted to split ,the TSSAA just won't do it.