how good is grace christian

uconnman

Oh the facts, they are never wrong are they? And you can't break the rules cause that wouldn't be fair! Your telling me a school can not cheat? If you dont know anything about Grace and you live in "Nogga" then how do you know rules arent being broken?

I didnt get angry until the post about rural schools being worthless. Small town high school football should be cherished and enjoyed. It's not something to be distorted and twisted.

This is about a private school using young men and the public school system to further THEIR school. Grace is trying to make a name for themselves to increase enrollement and tuition. It borders on making high school football a business and should not be allowed to happen. Plain and simple!

I dont leave Jesus out of any agrument. It's wrong to let private schools play in the public system. It was wrong 10 years ago and will be wrong a thousand years from now. That IS the fact.

Well if Grace is doing anything wrong (and they are not) turn them in. Its a simple thing to do if you have proof that they are cheating then show it or state it instead of just making statements you cant back up. I think your complaint should be with TSSAA not Grace. No one makes any one go to Grace or any other private school, its the parents/ kids choice and I think that is the way the country works.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if Grace is doing anything wrong (and they are not) turn them in. Its a simple thing to do if you have proof that they are cheating then show it or state it instead of just making statements you cant back up. I think your complaint should be with TSSAA not Grace. No one makes any one go to Grace or any other private school, its the parents/ kids choice and I think that is the way the country works.

My complaint IS with the TSSAA. I dont have a problem with Grace. They should take full advantage of every oportunity they get as long as they dont break the rules. The private schools have a decided advantage over a public school and this all can be accomplished by the rules. Oh well!

At the end of the day, on Friday night, you have to strap on a helmet and get the job done. Period. That's a job for any high school kid.

I have a HUGE problem with folks getting on here and running down small schools or mocking their lack of opportunity. Thats deplorable!

I also have a problem with folks telling me that schools dont cheat, or they are "following the rules" or why and how you build a winning football program or that a private school and public school are the same. Thats a bunch of mularkie!

I appreciate your comment. Plain and simple. Grace is following the rules set by the TSSAA....see you Friday Night!

I will agree it is an advantage but what are we supposed to do not play? We participate under the guidelines that are set, not saying they are right, its just what they are.

That's a fair statement. At the end of the day, they are boys and should be protected and given every advantage to suceed. I really hope none of them read any of this!

I will agree it is an advantage but what are we supposed to do not play? We participate under the guidelines that are set, not saying they are right, its just what they are.

The Multiplier was meant to fix this problem , but it doesn't work like it should. Private schools should play in their own division. Playing publics in the regular season out of conference , FINE shouldn't play in public regions and playoffs. Public and Private schools are two completely different types pf schools each with their own advantages and disadvantages , Privates have more advantages, you can't (doesn't look like you are) deny that.

I did alittle research knox christian enrollment as of 2/2008 9th-12th grade is 375 students, grace as of 2/2008 9th-12th grade is 176 for a total of 551. Then according to you we must now multiply this number by 2 which would make total enrollment 1102 WOW that's an awefully big single A school. The things that make you go hum... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" the heat that grace gets is brought upon themselves they get no sympathy from me.

Knox Christians enrollment is 150 K-12!!!!

Runandgun I ALWAYS do my homework.....

Knoxville Christian:

Pre-K - 27 students

Kind - 71 students

Grade 1 - 59 students

Grade 2 - 37 students

Grade 3 - 59 students

Grade 4 - 75 students

Grade 5 - 69 students

Grade 6 - 94 students

Grade 7 - 86 students

Grade 8 - 79 students

Grade 9 - 102 students

Grade 10 - 109 students

Grade 11 - 88 students

Grade 12 - 76 students

Academics and Faculty

Total Classroom Teachers 79 teachers

This School ( TN ) Elementary and Secondary School Avg.

Teacher : Student Ratio 1:13 1:10

*Ntl. Public School Avg. ?» 1:16

School Days in Calendar Year 170 days 180 days

Hours in School Day for Students 7 hours 7 hours

Admission Deadline None / Rolling

Grace Christian:

Kind - 81 students

Grade 1 - 65 students

Grade 2 - 64 students

Grade 3 - 63 students

Grade 4 - 65 students

Grade 5 - 56 students

Grade 6 - 75 students

Grade 7 - 50 students

Grade 8 - 66 students

Grade 9 - 51 students

Grade 10 - 41 students

Grade 11 - 49 students

Grade 12 - 35 students

Academics and Faculty

Total Classroom Teachers 50 teachers

% Faculty with Advance Degree 15%

Average Class Size 22

Number of AP Courses 3

The FACTS came from www.privateschoolreview.com, I might be from Greenback but I know how to research. If the numbers are wrong I suggest you contact the website. But, I suspect they are correct. What's funny is Knox Christian has more students than Grace but Grace gets the credit for the football team and provides the field. You never see Knoxville Christian Academy football on these posts just Grace. Go figure.

KCS has about 115 students right now. 6 seniors

I know but I have choosen to take the high road and keep what I know to myself, but I am not alone, it starts at the top.

I know but I have choosen to take the high road and keep what I know to myself, but I am not alone, it starts at the top.

So the high road for you is to not report something that is wrong, Hmmmmmmm, at what school did you learn that philosophy. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

That's a fair statement. At the end of the day, they are boys and should be protected and given every advantage to suceed. I really hope none of them read any of this!

I can tell you I have had most of them over to the house They read it!!! Makes them want to play harder. Every kid on this team has a story and most of them are not real good. They are KIDS!!!! TSSAA is very tuff on thease boys they sit out a year just to be able to play most of the boys who came over did not even play for the teams they came from.