how good is grace christian

uconnman

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Multiplier doesn't matter at this level! Grace is gonna run up the score on a bunch of small schools to gain notoriety so they can recruit bigger and better players and get more parents to pay more money to their school so they can build new libraries and new math departments....blah, blah, blah. Please dont make this something it's not. We all know what time it is.

You can cheat on your taxes and still follow the rules. Doesn't make it right. Doesn't make Jesus happy. Wasn't the intent of the law but you can bend lots of rules, lots of different ways to suit your needs. If the rules are broke and you take advantage to further yourself at the cost of others...where are you in your life? I guess in the Boro holding up a Gold Ball.

The ability to recruit entire squads of boys is a tremendous advantage for a school. Huge advantage. Private schools should not be allowed to play against public schools. Plain and simple. Eveyone knows it, no one cares.

What about the leading rusher, the QB , and their best athlete am I right about those , When did that big tall #5 get there I know he hasn't went to school there since he was 10. Who elses tuition is being paid for by the church? Is the church paying for wannamaker to go to Carson Newman too?

You know I'm not against doing something to help a kid out but paying there tuition to school is a TSSAA violation and you know thats happening , one of you dough heads said so last year. If you were only taking kids who came to school there without outside influence theres no way you build a successful football and Basketball program as fast as yall have.

actually your wrong again #5 has been at grace 4 several years now and the other two you refered to were here last year and paid their transfer dues so plse KEEP YOUR COMPLAINING MOUTH SHUT NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR YOUR WHINING all you do is bring negativity to this board

What about the leading rusher, the QB , and their best athlete am I right about those , When did that big tall #5 get there I know he hasn't went to school there since he was 10. Who elses tuition is being paid for by the church? Is the church paying for wannamaker to go to Carson Newman too?

You know I'm not against doing something to help a kid out but paying there tuition to school is a TSSAA violation and you know thats happening , one of you dough heads said so last year. If you were only taking kids who came to school there without outside influence theres no way you build a successful football and Basketball program as fast as yall have.

o and i reference to wannamaker he got a scholarship thanks to yall n every other team he dominated

Multiplier doesn't matter at this level! Grace is gonna run up the score on a bunch of small schools to gain notoriety so they can recruit bigger and better players and get more parents to pay more money to their school so they can build new libraries and new math departments....blah, blah, blah. Please dont make this something it's not. We all know what time it is.

You can cheat on your taxes and still follow the rules. Doesn't make it right. Doesn't make Jesus happy. Wasn't the intent of the law but you can bend lots of rules, lots of different ways to suit your needs. If the rules are broke and you take advantage to further yourself at the cost of others...where are you in your life? I guess in the Boro holding up a Gold Ball.

The ability to recruit entire squads of boys is a tremendous advantage for a school. Huge advantage. Private schools should not be allowed to play against public schools. Plain and simple. Eveyone knows it, no one cares.

I dont know anything about Grace...live in the Nooga. No small private can do the things you claim. First it is illegal to recruit. Second, because they are in DI they can't offer any financial aid to athletes, so those who DO go there have to pay.

Bitterness and an insistence on the justice in your position are worth nothing...get the facts straight before you make silly accusations that can't possibly be true...there are about a billion posts on the public private board from both sides that will help fill you in on what is and isn't possible for a small private.

p.s. I'm guessing you should leave Jesus out of the argument...

Grace is becoming a good program basketball and football. Just look at CAK. Cosby used to beat them like a drum when they first got their program going and in just a few years they became contenders. How did this happen? Well its very easy for a private school to get players to compete, epecially at the 1A level. The whole knox christian basketball team my senior year in 06'-07' was ridiculous. How that was let to happen Ill never know. I am from Newport. If i wanted to stack a small school with great athletes it would have been very easy to do. Now imagine how easy it would be to do in knoxville. Money money money. Its all you need. The multipler should be 4.5 so this bull**** doesnt happen. Let the schools that cheat battle each other for the crown in december. I could say I spanked Grace ( before they could recruit a dream team). Talk that garbage, Grace has to come to the hill this year, and I dont think they like to get physical. That stinks for them.

So if I understand you correctly then we should be taking grace and knox christian's total high school enrollment and multiply that by 2. Is that correct? It's my understanding that grace and knox christian combine their football program (still don't understand that one) /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" . Why is it that knox christian can put together a basketball team on their own but not a football program? I love the way Greenback is competive with grace; the redneck's competing with the popped collar crowd, it's priceless. I'ld love to see grace come on over to a TRUE single a school and play some football. Hey come to think about it since greenback is around the same 200 student mark maybe we could just combine our football program with say.... Loudon. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I'll tell you why that would NEVER happen Greenback has to much PRIDE!

No its not correct it is 1.8. Maybe the reason knox christian can put together a basketball team is that it only takes 5-8 players and football it takes about 20 just a thought, Didnt know that was so difficult to figure out.

I did alittle research knox christian enrollment as of 2/2008 9th-12th grade is 375 students, grace as of 2/2008 9th-12th grade is 176 for a total of 551. Then according to you we must now multiply this number by 2 which would make total enrollment 1102 WOW that's an awefully big single A school. The things that make you go hum... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" the heat that grace gets is brought upon themselves they get no sympathy from me.

There you go again talking about things you dont know about. Knox christian having 375 in grades 9-12 is soooo far off. That is prob the whole school K-12, the high school maybe has 75 and the multiplier is 1.8. Man everyone would like it if you got your facts right before you post.

There you go again talking about things you dont know about. Knox christian having 375 in grades 9-12 is soooo far off. That is prob the whole school K-12, the high school maybe has 75 and the multiplier is 1.8. Man everyone would like it if you got your facts right before you post.

Runandgun I ALWAYS do my homework.....

Knoxville Christian:

Pre-K - 27 students

Kind - 71 students

Grade 1 - 59 students

Grade 2 - 37 students

Grade 3 - 59 students

Grade 4 - 75 students

Grade 5 - 69 students

Grade 6 - 94 students

Grade 7 - 86 students

Grade 8 - 79 students

Grade 9 - 102 students

Grade 10 - 109 students

Grade 11 - 88 students

Grade 12 - 76 students

Academics and Faculty

Total Classroom Teachers 79 teachers

This School ( TN ) Elementary and Secondary School Avg.

Teacher : Student Ratio 1:13 1:10

*Ntl. Public School Avg. ?» 1:16

School Days in Calendar Year 170 days 180 days

Hours in School Day for Students 7 hours 7 hours

Admission Deadline None / Rolling

Grace Christian:

Kind - 81 students

Grade 1 - 65 students

Grade 2 - 64 students

Grade 3 - 63 students

Grade 4 - 65 students

Grade 5 - 56 students

Grade 6 - 75 students

Grade 7 - 50 students

Grade 8 - 66 students

Grade 9 - 51 students

Grade 10 - 41 students

Grade 11 - 49 students

Grade 12 - 35 students

Academics and Faculty

Total Classroom Teachers 50 teachers

% Faculty with Advance Degree 15%

Average Class Size 22

Number of AP Courses 3

The FACTS came from www.privateschoolreview.com, I might be from Greenback but I know how to research. If the numbers are wrong I suggest you contact the website. But, I suspect they are correct. What's funny is Knox Christian has more students than Grace but Grace gets the credit for the football team and provides the field. You never see Knoxville Christian Academy football on these posts just Grace. Go figure.

Runandgun I ALWAYS do my homework.....

Knoxville Christian:

Pre-K - 27 students

Kind - 71 students

Grade 1 - 59 students

Grade 2 - 37 students

Grade 3 - 59 students

Grade 4 - 75 students

Grade 5 - 69 students

Grade 6 - 94 students

Grade 7 - 86 students

Grade 8 - 79 students

Grade 9 - 102 students

Grade 10 - 109 students

Grade 11 - 88 students

Grade 12 - 76 students

Academics and Faculty

Total Classroom Teachers 79 teachers

This School ( TN ) Elementary and Secondary School Avg.

Teacher : Student Ratio 1:13 1:10

*Ntl. Public School Avg. ?» 1:16

School Days in Calendar Year 170 days 180 days

Hours in School Day for Students 7 hours 7 hours

Admission Deadline None / Rolling

Grace Christian:

Kind - 81 students

Grade 1 - 65 students

Grade 2 - 64 students

Grade 3 - 63 students

Grade 4 - 65 students

Grade 5 - 56 students

Grade 6 - 75 students

Grade 7 - 50 students

Grade 8 - 66 students

Grade 9 - 51 students

Grade 10 - 41 students

Grade 11 - 49 students

Grade 12 - 35 students

Academics and Faculty

Total Classroom Teachers 50 teachers

% Faculty with Advance Degree 15%

Average Class Size 22

Number of AP Courses 3

The FACTS came from www.privateschoolreview.com, I might be from Greenback but I know how to research. If the numbers are wrong I suggest you contact the website. But, I suspect they are correct. What's funny is Knox Christian has more students than Grace but Grace gets the credit for the football team and provides the field. You never see Knoxville Christian Academy football on these posts just Grace. Go figure.

I am going to tell you these fig are wrong but looks like an honest mistake. Any one who knows anything about Knox Christian will confirm this. They only have 2 players on the football team #24 and #10. I promise if you were to call the school and ask them they would confirm that this is indeed a mistake.

I am going to tell you these fig are wrong but looks like an honest mistake. Any one who knows anything about Knox Christian will confirm this. They only have 2 players on the football team #24 and #10. I promise if you were to call the school and ask them they would confirm that this is indeed a mistake.

I think this is confused with Christian Academy of Knoxville because that is more like their numbers but no big deal just an honest mistake. But you do know I hope that Co-op with another school is allowed by tssaa for instance Berean Academy co-ops with Fulton high school (public school) in baseball and has provided them with some pretty good pitchers over the years.

I dont know anything about Grace...live in the Nooga. No small private can do the things you claim. First it is illegal to recruit. Second, because they are in DI they can't offer any financial aid to athletes, so those who DO go there have to pay.

Bitterness and an insistence on the justice in your position are worth nothing...get the facts straight before you make silly accusations that can't possibly be true...there are about a billion posts on the public private board from both sides that will help fill you in on what is and isn't possible for a small private.

p.s. I'm guessing you should leave Jesus out of the argument...

Oh the facts, they are never wrong are they? And you can't break the rules cause that wouldn't be fair! Your telling me a school can not cheat? If you dont know anything about Grace and you live in "Nogga" then how do you know rules arent being broken?

I didnt get angry until the post about rural schools being worthless. Small town high school football should be cherished and enjoyed. It's not something to be distorted and twisted.

This is about a private school using young men and the public school system to further THEIR school. Grace is trying to make a name for themselves to increase enrollement and tuition. It borders on making high school football a business and should not be allowed to happen. Plain and simple!

I dont leave Jesus out of any agrument. It's wrong to let private schools play in the public system. It was wrong 10 years ago and will be wrong a thousand years from now. That IS the fact.