Sullivan South vs. Greenville

UnholyWarcry1

I think south has the potential to make this a onesided game. Offensively, they've looked very solid. Anytime you can average 20+yards per carry, you know you're doing alright. However, i would not look over greeneville. Last year coming into the south game they had lost to boonej 14-0 the week before. So i wouldn't put as much store in the prior weeks as some might be tempted to. South's defense needs to solidify a bit before i feel assured of victory. And does anyone know how greeneville's o-line looks? How many are returning from last year? Also, are they keeping the look of a smaller, faster d-line this year?

How good is South's d-line there's the ? If there fast and can disrupt a play then they will be on greenway all night long. I hope the center takes a few hundred extra snaps this week. The running game looks to be minimal unless jordan runs it all over the place. The d-line for greeneville is bigger this year and there not getting much penetration. The middle lb stewart is the one u wanna try to avoid he will make a play anytime the defender is around. Other then that the defense still has a ways to go. Also it hurts when barner is out for probably the year.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now now, don't throw a hissy. I could have been clearer on what I consider a fluke I guess, my apologies. What I meant was, yes Greenville beat South last year, but (in just MY opinion) the reason they beat south was they were off, maybe because of their recent success against the devils the past few years, who know's what it was. They didn't play to their potential, Greenville did, and they made south pay for it. This is probably a duh statement but if they had been on that game, they wouldn't have lost. I am not one to bring up past scores if I can help it, because that's what they are, PAST scores. But, the regular season game was...23-21? I can't remember the exact score, but it was something like that wasn't it? And the playoff game was 41-14. They were on that game.

All of the South Vs. Greenville games I have ever seen have been close, I don't remember ever seeing a blowout. I'm sure this one will be played just as close, unless greenville is just way down from last year. Should be a good one.

Now Im not one to bring up excuses if i can help it, but Gville was without there Greene co. defensive player of the year after like the 2nd or 3rd play of the game...... hehehe

How good is South's d-line there's the ? If there fast and can disrupt a play then they will be on greenway all night long. I hope the center takes a few hundred extra snaps this week. The running game looks to be minimal unless jordan runs it all over the place. The d-line for greeneville is bigger this year and there not getting much penetration. The middle lb stewart is the one u wanna try to avoid he will make a play anytime the defender is around. Other then that the defense still has a ways to go. Also it hurts when barner is out for probably the year.

Not to be mean, this is a serious question. But is Greenway all you have left? What happened to the team from last year, did you lose that much to graduation?

Not to be mean, this is a serious question. But is Greenway all you have left? What happened to the team from last year, did you lose that much to graduation?

yes an no. Gville lost almost all there D from last year an Barner is out for awhile an Hall is a maybe so but if i think you can count the filler twins at WR as a weapon that will hurt you

They returned almost all of their skill positions, but lost 8 starters on the defensive side of the ball. There is potential there...i swear, it's just a question as to when they will meet that potential. Afterall, they do have a better record going into the game than we did last year. LoL

They returned almost all of their skill positions, but lost 8 starters on the defensive side of the ball. There is potential there...i swear, it's just a question as to when they will meet that potential. Afterall, they do have a better record going into the game than we did last year. LoL

Yeah but u all had barner and hall and also an o'line that could move people and a d-line that interrupted the plays. Its been hard to watch so far and i think this week it will be really hard. I have noticed some real conservative play calling until last night in the 4th quarter. They have really good coaches its just a matter of time and playing together as a team. They should be fine after south when the schedule loosens up with c.c and cherokee and volunteer.

Charlie how many accounts do you have on here lol. Write down your password some were so you dont lose it!!!!!!!!!! lol

Yeah but u all had barner and hall and also an o'line that could move people and a d-line that interrupted the plays. Its been hard to watch so far and i think this week it will be really hard. I have noticed some real conservative play calling until last night in the 4th quarter. They have really good coaches its just a matter of time and playing together as a team. They should be fine after south when the schedule loosens up with c.c and cherokee and volunteer.

I said nothing about when that potential would or needs to be met...LoL. The guys need to stay focused and composed while keeping the big picture in mind, which is playing ball in November. But at the same time so do the fans, take it from me...it's awful hard to believe in yourself when no one else does. Constructive critisism is one thing, but kicking a man while he is down is another.

I agree...usually the best lessons are learned through your mistakes, and i feel confident that there aren't any mistakes going unnoticed by Coach McCurrry and the staff at the moment. I have faith in the team and our coaching staff. We'll be there when it counts. And Hoss...why does it matter? It's not like I have alot of misleading screen names that are going to deceive anybody...LoL

I agree...usually the best lessons are learned through your mistakes, and i feel confident that there aren't any mistakes going unnoticed by Coach McCurrry and the staff at the moment. I have faith in the team and our coaching staff. We'll be there when it counts. And Hoss...why does it matter? It's not like I have alot of misleading screen names that are going to deceive anybody...LoL

Charlie review my Boone/Devil assessment. Thanks