Sullivan South vs. Greenville

UnholyWarcry1

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Phil, who's gonna stop Souths running game while we're piling up all these passing td's? And can anyone tell me how many passes Wright and Rollins have caught?....dropped? The o-line better show significant improvement or Greenway gonna have to scramble for all the yardage on Friday.

Hey genius Greeneville fans, South doesn't run the veer. The veer is one of the hardest offenses to stop when ran right. Against us Jeff ran it right, and against West they had six turnovers. Its a totally different mind set in practice when your're playing a team who runs the spread. South will be good and that QB is good, but he is no Curt Phillips! Teams play to the ability of their competition. If we can get Trevon Armstrong off the bike long enough to do anything we'll be fine. Did anyone else in the stands see how long he was on that bike?

Hey genius Greeneville fans, South doesn't run the veer. The veer is one of the hardest offenses to stop when ran right. Against us Jeff ran it right, and against West they had six turnovers. Its a totally different mind set in practice when your're playing a team who runs the spread. South will be good and that QB is good, but he is no Curt Phillips! Teams play to the ability of their competition. If we can get Trevon Armstrong off the bike long enough to do anything we'll be fine. Did anyone else in the stands see how long he was on that bike?

It wasn't the veer that was the problem against JC it was that monster Brooks. They just smacked him up the middle all night. Couldn't stop him...my guess is if Boone had a big back we wouldn't have stopped him either. We had enough trouble with short yardage plays.

I hope Hall is healthy on Friday, but Greenway needs to rev up the passing game. If he can hit the short routes (particularly across the middle), he could conceivably pick South apart. Receivers really need to step it up if we want a chance at this one. Besides, he's gonna need to get rid of the ball pretty quick against South's D, unless the o-line improves BIG TIME.

It wasn't the veer that was the problem against JC it was that monster Brooks. They just smacked him up the middle all night. Couldn't stop him...my guess is if Boone had a big back we wouldn't have stopped him either. We had enough trouble with short yardage plays.

I hope Hall is healthy on Friday, but Greenway needs to rev up the passing game. If he can hit the short routes (particularly across the middle), he could conceivably pick South apart. Receivers really need to step it up if we want a chance at this one. Besides, he's gonna need to get rid of the ball pretty quick against South's D, unless the o-line improves BIG TIME.

The veer has so many different options, you have to play your responsibility on each one. Thats why backs get so open.

Greeneville is not like the rest of the Mountain Lakes.

That is true, but seems to me the last time these two teams played it was something around 41-14... Yes, I know the devils beat the rebels in regular season.

Hopefully you will see the truth in a few days, and by hopefully I mean get ready for a long night in the valley /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Greeneville is not like the rest of the Mountain Lakes.

True statement??¦Greenville is in the Five Rivers conference. I believe that??™s the same Five Rivers conference that Volunteer is in. The same Volunteer that lost to Sullivan East 20 to 6. And if I??™m not mistaken Sullivan East is in the MLC??¦how about that!!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> It will be MLC 2, Five Rivers Zero after this game. Bottom line is that if you are having trouble stopping the short game up the middle you better strap it on, because South is going to introduce you to the LONG game??¦.UP THE MIDDLE!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

True statement??¦Greenville is in the Five Rivers conference. I believe that??™s the same Five Rivers conference that Volunteer is in. The same Volunteer that lost to Sullivan East 20 to 6. And if I??™m not mistaken Sullivan East is in the MLC??¦how about that!!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> It will be MLC 2, Five Rivers Zero after this game. Bottom line is that if you are having trouble stopping the short game up the middle you better strap it on, because South is going to introduce you to the LONG game??¦.UP THE MIDDLE!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Please keep in mind that last year, 1 of 4 teams from the MLC got past round 1. I think that South will probably be the better team but there have been other occasions where south was the better team and got beat soundly(remember ?). I would not be thinking that the MLC is a dominant conference over the 5 rivers until you can win 3 of 4 in the first round this year like we did last year. Actually, the MLC is 2-0. North beat Crockett and East beat VHS.

Thats my biggest fear cap....however South had better do a better job defending the pass than they did against unicoi or we might just end up with the highest scoring game of the season.

Please keep in mind that last year, 1 of 4 teams from the MLC got past round 1. I think that South will probably be the better team but there have been other occasions where south was the better team and got beat soundly(remember ?). I would not be thinking that the MLC is a dominant conference over the 5 rivers until you can win 3 of 4 in the first round this year like we did last year. Actually, the MLC is 2-0. North beat Crockett and East beat VHS.

Ohhhh??¦I understand. Sort of like winning ALL FOUR in 04??™ like the MLC did. I get your point. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />