Sullivan South vs. Greenville

UnholyWarcry1

OMG Virginia Tech; Tennessee /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> ??????!!!!!!!!! Don??™t you think that??™s stretchin it a little bit? I wish you guys would quit with these ridiculous claims about Davenport! He has enough trouble getting the respect he??™s due without you raising his ???bar??? through the roof. He??™s a good athlete and has a good chance to go to the next level??¦but I can assure you that it won??™t be at any of the schools you mentioned. Not on scholarship anyway. I mean that with all due respect to the kid because like a said; he is a good athlete and is possibly the best QB in the conference this year.

I totally agree with you Cap. I know that Bradley is an excellent athlete but VT? WV? He has started 2 GAMES. How do you get looked at if you haven't even played that much? Yes he did play QB a little bit last year but it was usually around the 2 half when South was up by 30+. I just don't understand how he is getting those kinds of looks.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree with you Cap. I know that Bradley is an excellent athlete but VT? WV? He has started 2 GAMES. How do you get looked at if you haven't even played that much? Yes he did play QB a little bit last year but it was usually around the 2 half when South was up by 30+. I just don't understand how he is getting those kinds of looks.

Yeah i agree with you, just because you get a letter in the mail with a questionaire in it doesn't mean anything and a camp invite doesn't mean anything. That means your high school head coach told some college coaches that he thought you could possibly be a player at the next level. When a player sends in film and a coach comes to watch you after the film, that is when you are getting looked at seriously

I agree the Unicoi QB looked as good aganist a much better D, I also hear the Johnson County QB is a Hoss. BD will probably get all MLC QB because he's on the best team and because he just might be....it's still up.....for grabs....

Apparently there are a lot of things you and your panel of football experts on here (Cap,Nellie,ect..) don't understand. a REAL MAN /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> would not come on a public forum and be in any way derogatory toward a 15-18 year old kid who has busted his hump year round to be the best he can be at the great game of football. Whether Bradley D, Kaleb K, Taylor F, or any other local player gets college attention from VA Tech or Podunk U, we should be glad for them. But you guys come on here like little spoiled brats that are jealous and looking to give your two cents worth! If you guys knew half as much as you think you do....You would be helping Ole Frank Beamer coach instead of spending all your time on Coach T!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Apparently there are a lot of things you and your panel of football experts on here (Cap,Nellie,ect..) don't understand. a REAL MAN /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> would not come on a public forum and be in any way derogatory toward a 15-18 year old kid who has busted his hump year round to be the best he can be at the great game of football. Whether Bradley D, Kaleb K, Taylor F, or any other local player gets college attention from VA Tech or Podunk U, we should be glad for them. But you guys come on here like little spoiled brats that are jealous and looking to give your two cents worth! If you guys knew half as much as you think you do....You would be helping Ole Frank Beamer coach instead of spending all your time on Coach T!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Simmer down hillbilly, noone has said anything derogatory about anyone....they are just doubting the seriousness of the reported inquiries. It's highly unlikely any of the aforementioned schools would be actively persuing a QB with so little experience. Its kinda like speculating who in the NFL's gonna draft Jonathon Crompton....Not too many of us see that happening either.

cap know,s what he is talking about and he is not putting these kids down he is just being truthful.

cap know,s what he is talking about and he is not putting these kids down he is just being truthful.

My experience, garnered from taking my son to coaches camps is no different than the Nike Combines. It's a numbers game. They don't care if you can catch. They don't care if you can run the ball. They don't gauge if you have technique. They are looking for SPEED. Plain and simple. If you ain't got it then forget it. If you got it then you will scholarship whether you can play football or not. Look at UT's RB's for the past decade. The last REAL RB's we had were Travis Henry, Travis Stevens, and Jamal. Riggs, Foster and the rest of them...they ain't RB's. Kenny Irons...now that was a RB...Hester a RB. The first wave of the combines was cutting off at 4.4. The second wave at 4.5. After that you got division III. There are a few smart coaches. Like Wisconsin who look for the complete package and understand speed is relative. Linemen...I'm sorry but if you ain't at least as big as HB then you ain't playing college ball. Skill positions...they actually have a chance to get noticed with a tremendous senior season. But when I say tremendous...hear the thunder clap. And you got to put up numbers. You'll know them by the WOW factor. A college bred athlete can and will single handedly change the face of the game. He will be a man amoungst boys. It is starkly evident. Now are South's boys of this calibre'? Time will tell.

Simmer down hillbilly, noone has said anything derogatory about anyone....they are just doubting the seriousness of the reported inquiries. It's highly unlikely any of the aforementioned schools would be actively persuing a QB with so little experience. Its kinda like speculating who in the NFL's gonna draft Jonathon Crompton....Not too many of us see that happening either.

I bet you never dreamed that Eric Ainge would make an NFL roster either huh Barb? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" And there's NO WAY a QB could start an NFL game after never starting a college game in his career either is there? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Meet Matt Cassell of the New England Patriots who hasn't started a game since high school. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Point is, coaches on the collegiate and NFL level know just a tad bit more than the people posting on CoachT! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Guest longhorns51

OMG Virginia Tech; Tennessee ??????!!!!!!!!! Don??™t you think that??™s stretchin it a little bit? I wish you guys would quit with these ridiculous claims about Davenport! He has enough trouble getting the respect he??™s due without you raising his ???bar??? through the roof. He??™s a good athlete and has a good chance to go to the next level??¦but I can assure you that it won??™t be at any of the schools you mentioned. Not on scholarship anyway. I mean that with all due respect to the kid because like a said; he is a good athlete and is possibly the best QB in the conference this year.

Possibly the best QB in the MLC? Are you crazy i mean yes he is good but he has had 2 starts and has a great core of WR's. Im not saying this just cause im a longhorn fan but Austin Phipps has got to be the best QB in the MLC this is his 3rd year as a starter. He is ranked #170 in TN overall. I know that is not that high but that is good enough for a D 1AA school. Last time i talked to him the 2 schools talking to him the most was Middle Tennessee and Auburn. Not that bad. He makes plays with his feet as well as his arm. He keeps a play alive just ask Elizabethton better yet you will find out soon enough.

Possibly the best QB in the MLC? Are you crazy i mean yes he is good but he has had 2 starts and has a great core of WR's. Im not saying this just cause im a longhorn fan but Austin Phipps has got to be the best QB in the MLC this is his 3rd year as a starter. He is ranked #170 in TN overall. I know that is not that high but that is good enough for a D 1AA school. Last time i talked to him the 2 schools talking to him the most was Middle Tennessee and Auburn. Not that bad. He makes plays with his feet as well as his arm. He keeps a play alive just ask Elizabethton better yet you will find out soon enough.

It looks like you would be full of crow by now..sense you have had to eat so much.You first said Johnson County was going to stomp the Cyclones.Now you're starting to make threats against South...HA!HA! you need to learn to keep your mouth shut.And yes Phipps is good,but he don't compare to Bradley !!And you know crow must be high on your list because you have to eat it all the time.ha!ha!ha! Johnson County you have got to be joking!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />