Sullivan South vs. Greenville

UnholyWarcry1

Possibly the best QB in the MLC? Are you crazy i mean yes he is good but he has had 2 starts and has a great core of WR's. Im not saying this just cause im a longhorn fan but Austin Phipps has got to be the best QB in the MLC this is his 3rd year as a starter. He is ranked #170 in TN overall. I know that is not that high but that is good enough for a D 1AA school. Last time i talked to him the 2 schools talking to him the most was Middle Tennessee and Auburn. Not that bad. He makes plays with his feet as well as his arm. He keeps a play alive just ask Elizabethton better yet you will find out soon enough.

Being ranked #170 in the state of Tennessee is not that high. There has been plenty of players ranked higher than that and never went to D1 AA. Phone calls only mean little, when that paperwork gets there thats when you start talking. Ask Elizabethton what? Ask Elizabethton the final score. Tyler Gaby is probably a better QB than Phipps.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet you never dreamed that Eric Ainge would make an NFL roster either huh Barb? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" And there's NO WAY a QB could start an NFL game after never starting a college game in his career either is there? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Meet Matt Cassell of the New England Patriots who hasn't started a game since high school. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Point is, coaches on the collegiate and NFL level know just a tad bit more than the people posting on CoachT! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Give me a break Volman. You know very well that NONE of those examples are applicable here. Look??¦I can??™t think of anyone on here that would not be happy for any of these kids if they were to go and play at any D1 school just as we all are with Curt. That not only brings a sense of pride to South but to all football fans in the NET (including DB). If these claims were that these players were getting serious looks from lets say Tusculum, Emory, or even Carson Newman we wouldn??™t be having this conversation. But the claims are Tennessee, VT, and West Virginia??¦and you know as well has I do that it doesn??™t take much more than common sense to check that off as fiction. I??™m just being real!!! Curt Phillips IS heads and shoulders beyond ANY of the names mentioned on this thread (and I don??™t think I??™m going out on a limb by any means by saying that) and he??™s not at these schools even though he was on the ???scouting map??? since he was a freshman in high school (and maybe before that). Oh...I forgot one important point. Curt was also a Mr. Football finalist/runner up. Do you think that committee has even heard of any of the other names mentioned on this thread (with the exception of maybe Greenway). My oldest son has three shoe boxes completely full of letters from schools as far away as Oregon. But you can hold the actual offers in one hand. The reality is that you can inquire on any school you want (by letter or on the internet) and 98% of them will write you back (no matter what level) looking for you academics only first. If and only if your scores are high enough (well above average I might add) then they will ask about your athletics, accolades, and coaches information. From that point if the interest is still there it??™s handled through the head coach of your school. If you were brought to the attention of a scout, they will send you an invitation to visit the school or to come to a game??¦but this is also after the academics have been checked if it??™s official. If you are truly being looked at by a D1 they will send a representative to your guidance office for your information and many times they will sit down with teachers, coaches, and administrators to get the scoop. At that point you can truly put that school on your list. This is personal experience I??™m talking about??¦take it or leave it. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Give me a break Volman. You know very well that NONE of those examples are applicable here. Look??¦I can??™t think of anyone on here that would not be happy for any of these kids if they were to go and play at any D1 school just as we all are with Curt. That not only brings a sense of pride to South but to all football fans in the NET (including DB). If these claims were that these players were getting serious looks from lets say Tusculum, Emory, or even Carson Newman we wouldn??™t be having this conversation. But the claims are Tennessee, VT, and West Virginia??¦and you know as well has I do that it doesn??™t take much more than common sense to check that off as fiction. I??™m just being real!!! Curt Phillips IS heads and shoulders beyond ANY of the names mentioned on this thread (and I don??™t think I??™m going out on a limb by any means by saying that) and he??™s not at these schools even though he was on the ???scouting map??? since he was a freshman in high school (and maybe before that). Oh...I forgot one important point. Curt was also a Mr. Football finalist/runner up. Do you think that committee has even heard of any of the other names mentioned on this thread (with the exception of maybe Greenway). My oldest son has three shoe boxes completely full of letters from schools as far away as Oregon. But you can hold the actual offers in one hand. The reality is that you can inquire on any school you want (by letter or on the internet) and 98% of them will write you back (no matter what level) looking for you academics only first. If and only if your scores are high enough (well above average I might add) then they will ask about your athletics, accolades, and coaches information. From that point if the interest is still there it??™s handled through the head coach of your school. If you were brought to the attention of a scout, they will send you an invitation to visit the school or to come to a game??¦but this is also after the academics have been checked if it??™s official. If you are truly being looked at by a D1 they will send a representative to your guidance office for your information and many times they will sit down with teachers, coaches, and administrators to get the scoop. At that point you can truly put that school on your list. This is personal experience I??™m talking about??¦take it or leave it. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Uh, I think I know the system. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Uh, i think everyone from your prev post can tell you dont know the system.

/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> You know they say that laughter can add 6 years to your life. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> That...was a good one. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> But look out...Volmans got jokes.

Yeah the point here is that NET doesn't have a reputation for putting out D1A football players, especially the mlc. Occassionally, you will get the walk-on at UT, but all in all, we don't get near the recruiting attention as other areas, such as knoxville. This area does have a lot of good high school football players, but I don't see a lot of D1A potential. With as dominant as Curt was, can you compare anyone in the league to him now? Because he is essentially what a high profile college is looking for. This is just how I see it, from experience.

Yeah the point here is that NET doesn't have a reputation for putting out D1A football players, especially the mlc. Occassionally, you will get the walk-on at UT, but all in all, we don't get near the recruiting attention as other areas, such as knoxville. This area does have a lot of good high school football players, but I don't see a lot of D1A potential. With as dominant as Curt was, can you compare anyone in the league to him now? Because he is essentially what a high profile college is looking for. This is just how I see it, from experience.

A positive attitude goes a long way. A negative attitude goes a long way. They just go in different directions.

Just came from putting my seats out at South. Wanted to say JOB WELL DONE to everyone who works so hard

on the field. It is beautiful!!! There were several people making pictures of it......

So to all the parents who make everything happen at South THANKS!!!!! You are the BEST!!!

Good Luck Rebels!

A positive attitude goes a long way. A negative attitude goes a long way. They just go in different directions.

You should shrink that and print it off and tape it to the back of your watchband so that during the game tonight when you start to get disgusted and sit back and cross your arms??¦.you can look down at your watch and be reminded. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Just a little poke before the game Comp. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> Good luck to the FT posse tonight. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Sorry??¦I couldn??™t help myself. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Seriously good luck to the South side although I have to say that there is a side of me that is pulling for the upset!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You should shrink that and print it off and tape it to the back of your watchband so that during the game tonight when you start to get disgusted and sit back and cross your arms??¦.you can look down at your watch and be reminded. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Just a little poke before the game Comp. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> Good luck to the FT posse tonight. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Sorry??¦I couldn??™t help myself. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Seriously good luck to the South side although I have to say that there is a side of me that is pulling for the upset!!!!

Ok what did you do with the old cap1?????????????? you do know south is playing Greeneville tonight right /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> lol