Sullivan South vs. Greenville

UnholyWarcry1

Don't you just love how we compete to see who gets to go get beat by ol' Murville /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

No...I love how we bicker amongst ourselves about who the superior confrence is. Too bad all of that will have to end next year with the reclassification. Tell me Cap1, since you seem to be pretty well aquainted with your stats of seasons past, when was the last time a team from either of our conferences was crowned state champions?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No...I love how we bicker amongst ourselves about who the superior confrence is. Too bad all of that will have to end next year with the reclassification. Tell me Cap1, since you seem to be pretty well aquainted with your stats of seasons past, when was the last time a team from either of our conferences was crowned state champions?

Fall 69 Morristown East

Fall 71 TH

Fall 72 TH

Stole Cap's thunder

My point is...what does it matter who has more teams get out of the first round of the playoffs if we can not advance past the semi-finals year in and year out? We should thank one another for bringing our level of play up, which we are hopefully doing, because if not for great competition we would be falling behind the rest of the state, and nation, like so many other doubters from outside the area already say. A great coach once told me that if you don't ever wrestle/play anybody better than you then you will never get any better. It's a pretty simple concept. I thank Sullivan South and its apparent plethra of athletes for forcing us to have to better ourselves year in and year out in order to keep up, somebody has to set the pace. So why spend time blasting one another? It would be nice to focus on the big picture; the playoffs and its beloved child Maryville, who by the way is down this year /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

My point is...what does it matter who has more teams get out of the first round of the playoffs if we can not advance past the semi-finals year in and year out? We should thank one another for bringing our level of play up, which we are hopefully doing, because if not for great competition we would be falling behind the rest of the state, and nation, like so many other doubters from outside the area already say. A great coach once told me that if you don't ever wrestle/play anybody better than you then you will never get any better. It's a pretty simple concept. I thank Sullivan South and its apparent plethra of athletes for forcing us to have to better ourselves year in and year out in order to keep up, somebody has to set the pace. So why spend time blasting one another? It would be nice to focus on the big picture; the playoffs and its beloved child Maryville, who by the way is down this year /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

yea, WAY DOWN. and will still win 4A

yea, WAY DOWN. and will still win 4A

Another true statement. But the rest of the story is that they will more than likely continue their domination of the East in 5A after this year, and this same "Maryville roadblock to the Boro" conversation will still be going on in a couple of years...just moved to the DB threads. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Another true statement. But the rest of the story is that they will more than likely continue their domination of the East in 5A after this year, and this same "Maryville roadblock to the Boro" conversation will still be going on in a couple of years...just moved to the DB threads. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

That is a very true statement...I don't think I can side agianst you on that one. We're kinda off topic though, but so is this. Question for the South faithful and followers of their rising star; what is the predicted situatioin for Mr.Phillips up in Madison over the next season or so? I though I caught wind that the QB race was not going quite as they expected it to. Any chance he can enter into that race before the end of the season?

Not so sure about that, Cap1. Do look forward to seeing how it goes. I think, year in and year out, M'ville will have a major challenge to advance against OR, D-B, Farragut, Sevier Co, M-Riverdale, etc. Good debate topic.

HEY Cap1, sorry to disagree with you, I have a lot of respect for you from what i've been reading on here, you can take a shot in the chops, and give 1 back. I like that. I think in the next couple of years the rein of the Class of the state Rebels(with all due respect) will not come to an end, but there will be an exchanging of the guard if you will. Maryville is no doubt the cream of the crop in Tennessee, but they will have the D-Bs, the Riverdales, OakRidge, and others that dont fear anybody anytime. You might be right, but I hope you are wrong. Gotta go to work.

Oooooohhhhhh ssssttttoooooppppppp!!!!!!!! I can't stand this "NE TN unites against a common foe" YUCK. Next we'll be holding hands and singing Kum-bay-yah.

Don't fool yourselves we are way behind most of the south. None of our teams have speed, real speed not NET speed, size or ability. Our teams up here could not come close to competing with any of the middle teams from Georgia, Florida, or Texas. It is a different brand of football.